Suikoden I & II to be re-released on the PSP.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Kyril

Post by Kyril »

aaaaahhhhhh!!!!!!!! now i must buy a psp!!
True Wind Bearer

Re: ..

Post by True Wind Bearer »

amelia108 wrote:where do you live? in the usa, a new psp is $250, but i'm planning on getting a used one for $175, which isn't that bad. $400 is ridiculous.
Well, notice the currency exchange rate. 250 USD would be around 325 AUD (Australian dollars). But still, $400 for us is pretty absurd. I should have waited for the prices to go down.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

The PSP releases aren't being released outside of Japan at the moment which is a damn shame.

http://www.konami.co.jp/press/2005/09/0 ... .16-e.html

Scroll down and you'll see Suikoden I and II on the PSP.

I'm still hoping that with Rhapsodia and Suikoden V looking like great games and with the developers saying they want to take Suikoden to greater limits, that they may release the PSP games at a later date in the US/Europe. But for now, it's for Japan only.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Mercantir

Post by Mercantir »

Fliktor wrote:The PSP releases aren't being released outside of Japan at the moment which is a damn shame.
I was under the impression that they weren't being released in the US at all, just like the Suikogaiden? Or is that my wonderful ability to get facts mixed up?

Under curiosity (because I honestly don't know) what would be the benefit of remaking S1/2 for the psp? Sharper looking sprites and perhaps a few patches on the movies?

Of course, we aaaaaall know that a release in the US would mean S2's price on ebay would drop from 100 to 50. Oh, wait--wonderful idea, except that it's not being released here. oh snap.

EDIT: Oh, nevermind, I was being an idiot and nit-picking at your "At the moment" statement. Ignore me~
Who copyrighted the copyright symbol?
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Oh okay ^_^

BUt the benefit would be that many more people would have access to the games when Suikoden V and Rhapsodia propels the popularity of Suikoden to insane heights *hopes*

Oh, and the little thing that both games will have added and improved elements to them!
Squee_McSquiggles

Post by Squee_McSquiggles »

They're...not going to be releasing them here? I would have bought those games in a second (and maybe eventually a PSP). I don't get it. They already have a translation of both games and since they're already porting it anyway, how much extra would it really cost? Or do they just love to screw us over?

edit: also missed the "at the moment" thing.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

You also missed the fact that they're not simply porting them.
YubersNightRune

Post by YubersNightRune »

Well slightly off topic :) I've heard that in 05/0/06- And on Psp will cost about $250.00 {USA} And plus EB-Games and Game Stop will have tons of offers like trade in 10 games and get $40.00 - $50.00 dollars off on a psp ect. So by next year Psp prices will be down and there are usually tons of great offers that lower the price of systems. Which will help you If you don't feel like spending alot of money :D
http://www.BodyBuilding.com Is all that you need!
Edge

Question

Post by Edge »

So let me get tis straight. The re-release isnt going to happen in America at all??? Does konami realize the profit there going to miss out on. Well any way if this is the case i guess ill have to buy a japanese copy of the game. Does anyone know if the psp can play japanese games without modification? and if my psp does need to be modified does anyone know how to do so?? hopefully they retract their statement and release it anyhow......
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Well all that is known is that Konami aren't releasing Suikoden I & II on the PSP in areas outside of Japan as of yet. I personally think that Konami will only release this game in Japan, even though they'd get a lot of profit if they sold it in other countries. Then the people who gain a fortune on eBay selling their Suikoden games would be stuffed.
Dooz

Re: Question

Post by Dooz »

Edge wrote:So let me get tis straight. The re-release isnt going to happen in America at all??? Does konami realize the profit there going to miss out on.
The thing it, it probobly won't make much profit outside of Japan. It's got everything that Americans hate, 2D graphics and good gameplay. :P

But seriously, I can't telly ou how many times I see a reviewer bash games because of 2D graphics, reguardless of how fun the game is. It's pathetic.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Personally I think they'll hold off plans for a UK release until the profitability of Suikoden V is known. Say Suikoden V becomes one of the greatest games released in America of all time. Say Edge Magazine give it 10/10 as do many others and say it sells like platinum, then I would think they might consider releasing Suikoden I and II on the PSP outside of Japan.
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

I wonder if you will be able to transefer suikoden 2 data to suikoden 3?
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Mukumuku wrote:I wonder if you will be able to transefer suikoden 2 data to suikoden 3?

of course you could! if they made suikoden 3 in pal or re released another ntsc version, then the pal suikoden 3 could load pal suikoden data and pal suikoden 2 data to unlock the extra play scenes and when characters refere to the dunan unification war they will mention your names that you gave your army and nation and not the official names.

this would be the exact same thing with ntsc versions of suikoden 1, 2 and 3
Mukumuku

Post by Mukumuku »

lol after three years of looking i finally got suikoden 1 2 3 and 4......oh well now to send suikoden 1 and 2 on eBay before its to late.....
Why do so many people hate Americans?
Is it our fault that we're #1?