Suikoden I & II to be re-released on the PSP.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Jowy Atreides

Suikoden I & II to be re-released on the PSP.

Post by Jowy Atreides »

http://www.konami.jp/gs/game/genso/I_II/

Well, it looks like our hopes of a portable Suikoden have finally been answered by Konami! There is the Suikoden Card Stories, but we can't exactly play those, now can we?

(Credit goes to SARSadmin, of course.)
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Hoping they'ed port Suikogaiden 1 & 2 to the PSP, again hoping... :cry:
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

omg!! and here I go buying 1 and 2 for alot of money on ebay, if only I had waited to see if it wuld come out on a handheld.... o well, I dont have a psp anyway

the graphics look updated. I think ill deffinetley get these games, in fact this will most likely be the reason I get a psp

the gaidens will never come because the read only text adventures dont appeal to american gamers, however card stories might be next to be re released

everybody on these boards are going to die, first Rhapsodia then 5 THEN we hear about a future 6 and now after thousands of fake petitions konami has actually RE RELEASED suikoden 1 and 2.... massive heart attacks all around!
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

well they could just add Suikogaiden to Suikoden 1 & 2 as kinda a package with the power of the PSP it will only take 1 disc for all 3 if ever, PLEASE KONAMI HEAR ME OUT!!!

Oh well still hoping for that... well if Suikoden 1 & 2 4 d PSP will come out in NA then it be a good reason to get the handheld.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

I would prefer to get the originals but I will definetly get these! Konami, a New Zealand release...or else! *shakes fist angrily in the air* Seriously, this is great news. I'll definetly get a PSP if they have a NZ release, I'll get me a PSP and that game. And, does anyone recognize the top right hand corner screenshot for Suiko1? The one with McDohl and the soldiers? I can't seem to recall it. Keep up the good work Konami!

SK
"Barking dogs may occaisionally bite, but laughing men hardly ever shoot."
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

*Actually checks to see if I've died and gone to heaven*
Yay! I don't have to wait for the PS1 emulator now! ^^~
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

>.< i hate hand held consoles, i wish they would just release it as a ps2 package.
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Zed

Post by Zed »

SnowKing wrote:I would prefer to get the originals but I will definetly get these! Konami, a New Zealand release...or else! *shakes fist angrily in the air* Seriously, this is great news. I'll definetly get a PSP if they have a NZ release, I'll get me a PSP and that game. And, does anyone recognize the top right hand corner screenshot for Suiko1? The one with McDohl and the soldiers? I can't seem to recall it. Keep up the good work Konami!

SK
We don't need a NZ release, PSP's don't have region locking so we can import it from the US and play them on our PSP's ;)
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Yay! A new Zealand release would be welcome of course but it is nice to know we can always import and play straigth away!

SK
Kirke

Post by Kirke »

SnowKing wrote:Yay! A new Zealand release would be welcome of course but it is nice to know we can always import and play straigth away!

SK
Just out of curiosity, what would be the difference between a NZ release and a US/UK release? Yuzu has more sheep?
afi

Post by afi »

It'd be better if they remake the graphics and then release it on ps2 .More people have ps2 than psp :roll: .
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

SnowKing wrote:And, does anyone recognize the top right hand corner screenshot for Suiko1? The one with McDohl and the soldiers? I can't seem to recall it.
I think that may be when you are entering Moravia Castle, and soldiers exit the screen.
SnowKing

Post by SnowKing »

Just out of curiosity, what would be the difference between a NZ release and a US/UK release? Yuzu has more sheep?
Heh. I have no idea actually, PAL Europe and NZ could be the same for all I know. And I'm pretty sure Yuzu still has the same amount of sheep (man was I dissappointed).
I think that may be when you are entering Moravia Castle, and soldiers exit the screen.
That might be right, I can't quite remember that part, I haven't played it in so long. PAL Suikoden is very hard to find, yay rereleases!

SK
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

*passes out after reading all about it*

*fifteen minutes later*

Are they trying to give us heart attacks? I'm barely recovering from the Rhapsodia news when Suikoden V arrives, and then this re-release not long after. It's all a conspiracy!

Finally I can get another copy without having to spend more than a hundred bucks.

Thanks Konami!
[evil laugh here]
afi

Post by afi »

The disc does not include the psp. It costs $400 here. Better off save it for a ps3. Fortunately,i already bought the first two suikoden less than $10 :D