Suikoden I & II to be re-released on the PSP.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

I'd hold on to them purely as they'll be the original versions. Worth a lot for collectors they'll be.
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Edge

Post by Edge »

Talking to several video game clerks ive been told that american psp's can read japanese game umds, not anything that has a regional code like movies, but this means that one could play the japanese version of s1 and 2 on their psp. Using the fact that the psp is basically a portable hard-drive could it be possible to create or download a translator program for the game??
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Portable gaming devices aren't region-specific, so you could play the Japanese versions of Suikoden I & II on the PSP, the only obstacle being the fact that you can't read the text. I'm sure a translation program could be installed on the PSP, since it's basically a computer, but I'm not sure if it could be activated within the game to translate the text for you. If that's possible (not necessarily legal), you could play the Japanese versions of Suikoden I & II with no problems whatsoever. Look!; there's a flying pig!
Fliktor

Post by Fliktor »

Jowy Atreides wrote:you could play the Japanese versions of Suikoden I & II with no problems whatsoever. Look!; there's a flying pig!
Hahaha

I can imagine a game like Final Fantasy having a translation patch made for it, but I'm a little dubious that anyone would do it for Suikoden
Whats your opinion on censorship? ... **** censorship!
[King Fliktor] [Axiose, my Dæmon]
Edge

Post by Edge »

perhapes if we asked really nice they could make one? lol

well if thats the case, time to start brushing up on my japanese.....
Windspun_Monkey

Post by Windspun_Monkey »

on king's blog it says something about the PSP version being released outside Japan. I know it's nothing official but it may give us some hope.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The blog made a mistake, which made it sound like they are releaseding the PSP Suikoden I + 2, but this was an error on Konami's part. They simply linked to the wrong page. They corrected it.

The Blog was only talking about the fact that Suikoden 1 has been released overseas, and how horrid the cover art was, etc.
Dark yuber Knight

Post by Dark yuber Knight »

So suikoden Can play on the us Version Of the psp but you need to have english disk or something? were can you get one if i buy suikoden one and 2 and it has just japan language on it can i download english so it can play on my psp us Version suikoden 1 and 2?
Night

Post by Night »

Currently there is no way of installing an English Language patch to be able to translate the Suikoden games when they are re-released. I'd say with 99% certainty that there is never going to be a program for it.
Ice has formed and there's snow between the tracks/ And I have seen the surface tear and I can't look back/ And cool low sun has blinded you for days from horizon to horizon can I dream this all away
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Has anyone got the psp version yet? Please post something about it, like changes, fixes and stuff. Thanks.
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

http://www.gamebrink.com/viewitem.php?i ... review=141

Suikoden I & II review up at GameBrink.com
Mad Prince of Highland

Post by Mad Prince of Highland »

Interesting review, 'Suilkoden 1 is alittle better.' Come on, you can do better than that gamebrink!
"Fear is a stupid emotion."
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

If they had actually bothered to fix it up a bit it would have gotten a better review, as long as you can't run without a Holy rune and only one rune slot Suikoden will always be less that it can be.
SkooBoi

Post by SkooBoi »

Mad Prince of Highland wrote:Interesting review, 'Suilkoden 1 is alittle better.' Come on, you can do better than that gamebrink!
Aww come on. Not much was really changed. Although the games are based on the PC version in which the graphics are crisper. It's just that Konami's efforts were lacking. They could have done more to please the fans instead of just smashing two games together
Occam Arkitect

Post by Occam Arkitect »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:If they had actually bothered to fix it up a bit it would have gotten a better review, as long as you can't run without a Holy rune and only one rune slot Suikoden will always be less that it can be.

That's not what you call "fixing up". It wasn't a drawback for many people anyway(having only 1runeslot and no dash).