Suikoden I & II to be re-released on the PSP.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

$400!

I guess there are rather big price jumps from one country to another. Here in Malta it's only (LM)125, and if Suikoden will be the same price as other games I can get a whoe package for (LM)150.

I simple can't wait for all of them to be mine! :twisted:
[evil laugh here]
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

I already own all the Suikoden games except for the Gaidens. I bought them all new and they are still perfect without even a single fingerprint on them or a bent page in the manuals.

I will propably buy the psp version anyway. Since it's Suikoden, my favorite videogame series along with Castlevania.

Won't Sony be making some kind of converter that let's you play PSP games on PS2 or PS3 the way Nintendo did with Gameboy Advance on Gamecube?

I own all the GBA Castlevanias but I don't own a Game boy advance console.
I play them on gamecube and that's so much nicer.

I never liked portable consoles.

When will these games be released in the US?

And. by the way, I don't think the graphics looks updated at all. Try playing the old psx Suikodens on a smaller TV with brighter colours, you'll get the same result.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
CKTurbo128

Post by CKTurbo128 »

Wow, yet another Suikoden game announcement. This should give newer Suikoden fans a chance to play the first two classic Suikoden games, both which are very difficult to find for the PlayStation now.
The Legend of Suikoden
Yoon's Corner (Formerly The Legend of Suikoden Message Board)
Duke

Post by Duke »

looks like getting a psp would be something to consider even though they cost so much
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

That's really good news! I too thought it would've been smarter if Konami had released it on the PS2 as a package, but hey at least it's getting re-relased.And the PSP had some pretty decent sales so it'll go to an audience.

If my Suiko2 copy ever gets old, then I'll get the PSP and this package. :D
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Also, UMDs don't get scratched up like PS1 CDs do! I wonder why they decided to place this compilation on the PSP though; they could've just as easily placed these games on the GBA, I think.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I'm happy with a remake on the PSP. UMD's have much more space than GBA cartridges, allowing a longer story, better graphics etc. But that is true, Konami could have just as easily have done Suikoden I & II a second time on the GBA. I was thinking DS, but I don't think that would go to well...
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Also, UMDs don't get scratched up like PS1 CDs do! I wonder why they decided to play this compilation on the PSP though; they could've just as easily placed these games on the GBA, I think.
I think they put the compliation on the PSP instead of the GBA is because the PSP is a more advanced version of handheld hardware than the GBA. Not to mention that since Suikoden has mostly been on Sony hardware then Konami might have thought that putting it on a different company's hardware would've been risky.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

RageRune wrote:
Jowy Atreides wrote:Also, UMDs don't get scratched up like PS1 CDs do! I wonder why they decided to play this compilation on the PSP though; they could've just as easily placed these games on the GBA, I think.
I think they put the compliation on the PSP instead of the GBA is because the PSP is a more advanced version of handheld hardware than the GBA. Not to mention that since Suikoden has mostly been on Sony hardware then Konami might have thought that putting it on a different company's hardware would've been risky.
Card Stories was on the GBA so it would not be the first game on nintendos handheld
I hope everything is going delicious.
Duke

Post by Duke »

ah i can finally put my psp to use
Kimimi

Post by Kimimi »

They could have done these games on GBA, but it would have required significant reworking (no FMV intros, all music would have to be downgraded, no 3D magic effects) so the work load soon builds up. PSP however is easily capable of of holding both games on a single UMD, and the only additional work would be porting the code over, rather than converting it.
Not only that, but people are far more accomodating to 2D on a handheld, and with the great shadow of FF12 looming what average gamer would buy a pack of PS1 games they've never heard of over their shiny new Square release? :?
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Card Stories was on the GBA so it would not be the first game on nintendos handheld
Opps I forgot that.

But I think Konami made the right choice to put it on the PSP on that I think about it. Seeing as how many RPG players that don't have the games and are going to Ebay to pay large sums of money. Then those players can wait until the SUiko1/2 package comes on the PSP, meaning that gorup will buy the PSP and increase PSP sales. It's just business.
:)

With that being said, I'm getting a PSP for Chirstmas.
afi

Post by afi »

afi wrote:The disc does not include the psp. It costs $400 here. Better off save it for a ps3. Fortunately,i already bought the first two suikoden less than $10 :D
What i meant was, the psp costs $400 . It's not worth it, better off save this 400 bucks on a ps3.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

where do you live? in the usa, a new psp is $250, but i'm planning on getting a used one for $175, which isn't that bad. $400 is ridiculous.
afi

Post by afi »

It's singapore, a country that you'll barely see on the map because of it's small land area. US currency is 1.5-2 times of singapore(currencies change everyday :roll: ) Do the maths. The cheapest psp price here should be about S$350. It's new,that's why it cost a shitload of money.
Last edited by afi on Sat Sep 17, 2005 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.