suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

I don't know if this is the same interview but take a look, it focuses more on Suikoden V.

http://ps2.gamespy.com/playstation-2/ge ... 062p1.html
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

wow, what an interview! thanks for that post einlanzer

can you imagine, the nintendo revolution with suikoden as 1 of its titles?

GameSpy: Have you heard anything about the revolution controller yet, and do you have any thoughts on it yet?
Matsukawa: Yeah, from our perspective as a game developer we are very much interested in Nintendo's new ideas. I think there are very many things we can do with it.
Kawano: Yes, very many.

GameSpy: The Suikoden series has always stuck to Sony platforms (except for Card Stories for GBA.) Can we expect to see it on other platforms in the future?
Matsukawa: The Suikoden series has been released in Sony platforms only but it just happened like that. It wasn't really intentional like that, so in the future, anything can happen.
Sasarai is cute

Post by Sasarai is cute »

Without sounding like a sexist I would like to say that it might be a good thing that a woman is the mastermind behind Suikoden now.

Women have done some great things for Konami over the years. Everything from artwork to music. That is, THE most popular Konami character design and some of the best music was done by women.
Those who fear dying deserves death.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

According to SARSadmin, Matsukawa (male) is above Kawano (female).
Pessy

Post by Pessy »

If Konami is gonna make a game for PS3, I belive that will be s6. why?
well gaiden has never been realeased in any marked except Japan. and I think if would never be any money gaining in that game anyway.
Rhapsodia might be a big seller, who knows. a sequel is 2 early yet.

So the right chooise would be s6. It will set a standard and gain more money than both gaiden and Rhapsodia in my opinion.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

hmm, if they do release suikoden 6 then that would mean that
suikoden 4, suikoden raphsodia, suikoden 5, and suikoden 6 would have all been out in 3 years or so. I don't want them all to have come out so fast, I can wait for the games, if the games are rushed then they wouldn't have much depth. Konami should take there time, I can wait.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

This really isn't as fast as you'd think, since there are multiple teams working on Suikoden.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Jowy Atreides wrote:This really isn't as fast as you'd think, since there are multiple teams working on Suikoden.
I guess I'll just have to wait and see. I still think they should all work on one game at a time, if they release like 3 games in or 3 years Im not sure there sales would be as good, but i dont know, that is just what im thinking. Konami is smart and they probably got a plan or something
Maas Stormgripper

Post by Maas Stormgripper »

Sasarai is cute wrote:Without sounding like a sexist I would like to say that it might be a good thing that a woman is the mastermind behind Suikoden now.

Women have done some great things for Konami over the years. Everything from artwork to music. That is, THE most popular Konami character design and some of the best music was done by women.
As an aside, does anyone know the name of the artist who does the Suikoden Character Design? Since II I have been astounded at the quality and the evolution of their art. I've tried to find them but never could.
What you think I was born this way?
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

The Artist for Suikoden 2 and 3 is Fumi Ishikawa. Junko Kawano was the chief designer for Suikoden 1, 4, and Rhapsodia. A guy called "King" Tanaka is the chief designer for Suikoden 5.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

MatildaWhiteKnightLeader wrote:well, i think we should let suikoden fans recover from their elatedness over suikoden 5 first. hehe

Suikoden 6 is alway in the foresight, but it's gonna be at least another year or 2 away. It probably will be for Ps3, thus i have to get a Ps3.
Tell me about it, I'm still in shock and drooling over s5, show me s6 on PS3 and my head will explode lol.
Hawksaber

Post by Hawksaber »

If Suikoden VI is out for the PS3, I hope to god it's a sequel to SIII and not another prequel.
ShardStar

Post by ShardStar »

I think there is a good chance of that happening. S5 is much closer to the current year and also I feel that the prequels have been to give us a back stroy to how the Island Nations and Falena have come to be in their current states in the "present" time that we are waiting to see again.
Seink

Post by Seink »

I think asking the question of whether Suikoden 6 will be realeased is asking if FF will stop producing after 12.

The suikoden series is no different from FF series in which they provide excellent game plot, georges graphics/effects and attract a world-wide market.

As long as the suikoden series is making good money, it will never stop producing.So what if all the True Runes are covered? There could be aftermath, runes war or anything possible that is related.So what if the writer/artists decides to stop? There could new writers, artist as long as suikoden game production team is still operating.

As a matter of fact, the story timeline and returning characters is more of a rewarding factor for those who has played previous suikoden series.

Basically, Suikoden Series is like FF, tag its brandname along with new games.I doubt that the suikoden series will fade out if it is world-wid popular.
It's heavy for man to move the wheel of destiny but not impossible.
Marx2000

Post by Marx2000 »

^^^^ Ahh but it is different form Final Fantasy. Suikoden is one large story. Even now we're just seeing the bigger picture of the Suikoden universe. I for one would rather loose Final Fantasy before Suikoden. It's no big deal if Final Fantasy ends since there just new strories. yes there good but they dont compare to the on going one that is Suikden. Thankfully I doubt we would loose suikden because Konami seems to be doing great these days.