suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Where's the support for that assumption?
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:Where's the support for that assumption?
For some reason I keep associating the last suikoden with the one that will cover Harmonia. Its most likely that the one about Harmonia will be centered around the Circle Rune. That dousn't mean the Circle rune is the Rune the Tenkai receives.
S5 spoilers below
[spoiler]Like in S2 and S5 the Tenkai dousn't need to have a True Rune.
[/spoiler]
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

So you don't have any support then? Your own opinion isn't good support.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Jowy Atreides wrote:So you don't have any support then? Your own opinion isn't good support.
Never said it was support. I just think that since the Circle rune is a 'major' True Rune plot wise it will very likely be the center of one of the games dealing with Harmonia. This could very well be in the past with you playing Hikusaak or in the future with you fighting whatever it is that leads Harmonia.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

You should probably understand how people that are new to forums think.
Wraith wrote:The last one is most likely going to be centered around the Circle Rune.
When someone with a high post says something like this without explicitly stating it's their opinion, people start to believe it. Sure it's stupid of them, but that's how noobies always think, and how they always will think.

Also, when you make a post in response to someone else's and he poses a question, it's implied that you're attempting to answer that person's question. Even if it wasn't implied, you even went to the point of quoting me, which confuses the issue even moreso.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

When someone with a high post says something like this without explicitly stating it's their opinion, people start to believe it. Sure it's stupid of them, but that's how noobies always think, and how they always will think.
I see your point... But I find it rather annoying to need so much support in order to speculate. But I will be more carefull with my wordings in the future for these.. noobies.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

The more and more I think about it, the more likely it becomes in my own mind that we may finally visit Kanakan for the first time, or even New Armes. Suikoden V definitely had the most references to Kanakan, which doesn't mean much for sure, but it's something. Even if the next game doesn't focus on New Armes, they've got to have a game some day. Too much info was given about them for their nation to not get a sequel.
Nemesis

Post by Nemesis »

And this is on LIVE news. A debate between Wraith and Jowy Atreides. Tell me Jowy.. when did you became a guide writer?? I never realize that until today.
Nick Bruiser
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

I imagine because Kawano is in charge of this one she might do the Dukedom of Gaien.

And hopefully the scenes in SVI will be better with PS3 graphics.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

I guess it's more or less 100% that Suikoden VI will be PS3 then, eh?

Hopefully it won't be too soon, I'd hate to miss out on a Suikoden due to an expensive console.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Considering the trends of Suikoden I & III, Suikoden VI may very well be one of the first RPGs on the new console. Sakiyama D (director of Suikoden V) has said that Suikoden V would be the last Suikoden on the PS2; then again, they've said a lot of things.
Masamune

Post by Masamune »

Probably true, I'm just reluctant to buy another console just for Suikoden (which I did with the PS2). :P
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

I would never buy a console for just one game but the PS3 looks awesome and if it has suikoden 6 on it then that makes it even more reason to buy it.
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
Futch02

Re: suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

Post by Futch02 »

Atreides wrote: actually, imo, they rush in suikoden also a good thing, since 9 true runes (erm... am i right?) havent reveal, it probably still hv lot series to go, and at final it gonna be in harmonia for all 27 runes. if there are 9 series to go for each rune, and it take 2 years per game, it gonna take 18 years... to completely understand the whole suikoden world. since they did well in suikoden V, i guess they hv no problems to develope the game, the strong foundations are there... gameplay/musics & etc, mainly hv think for some good plots and new things only. that's y suikoden V developed faster than IV, those foundations from suikoden 2.
It's just seem a little weird to me to have an all out 27-rune-SoD war in Harmonia. I can't really see the having the Beast Rune as a party memeber. In fact, I think I'd be a little afraid ;_; Not to mention, it would be severly odd for the holder of the dragon rune to put themselves on the line. Isn't that the exact opposite of what she's supposed to be doing now? Also, at some point that'd means McDohl and/or Lazlo would have to lose their repective runes, and something tells me fans wouldn't exactly be pleased seeing some other no-name character waltzing up to them with the souleater...

Also, in comparison to past Suikoden releases, yah it's rushed. we got 3, 4, 5 and Rhapsodia for the PS2. However, this is only one more than the Final Fantasy series, and nobody sees that as a huge issue. Perhaps, aside from having more member and teams, they're pumping them out faster because they have more of a storyline now planned? *shrugs*
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

Konami is smart enough to make the perfect storyline events and make sure we are all satisfied with the end
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....