suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
son_michael

suikoden 6? new interview with kawano

Post by son_michael »

Sars administer posted the below information on suikox

Kawano was interviewed in a Konami School blog (Konami School is where potentil Konami employees are trained for hire).

The Blog:

http://www.konamischool.jp/gc/archives/category2/blog/

Within, Kawano is asked the question what she would do with the series after PS3 is released, and she blurts out that she would like to add subtler effects such as movements of the wind to accentuate scenes. She then says, "anything more is top secret!" She then says that the genso suikoden team is looking for talented people who want to make new things, etc.

Well, knowing that neither Rhapsodia or Suikoden 5 is for the PS3, this prety much guarantees that Suikoden 6 is already in development. What a shocker, eh?

end of sars admin quote

wow so this is amazing! suikoden 6! omg on the ps3 no less! what does everybody think? is this a good thing or do you think suikoden is being too rushed? I think kawano is keeping the series alive and is really putting her heart and soul into suikoden! we might really go to the very end with suikoden and see all the true runes! omg im so excited! I cant believe suikoden could make life so good!
MatildaWhiteKnightLeader

Post by MatildaWhiteKnightLeader »

well, i think we should let suikoden fans recover from their elatedness over suikoden 5 first. hehe

Suikoden 6 is alway in the foresight, but it's gonna be at least another year or 2 away. It probably will be for Ps3, thus i have to get a Ps3.
Strategy is the key to victory!
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

there could be a gaiden, doesn't mean suikoden 6
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Wow, Konami. First Rhapsodia, then Suikoden V and now a Suikoden game for the upcoming PS3. Just wow.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I don't see how this surprises anyone. A new Sony console is coming out, Konami has always released Suikodens on the Sony consoles (I know there are exceptions), so it seems pretty natural to want to release a new Suikoden-related game on the new console.

As others said, we probably won't see this game for quite some time, so it's not like it really matters anyway.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Feb 06, 2006 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
True Wind Bearer

It's just that 3 in one time. I have never heard of game companies doing that with a series, although I may be proven wrong with any of the Final Fantasy series?
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Not exactly unexpected. It would be more surprising if Kawano claimed that there will be no more Suikoden games for the Playstation 3, yes?
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

Wow! japanise sites sure is simply built. But simple is good sometimes.

He, Well atlast someone that goes on with there games just like Square, If its the same way as it was with FF the 6 and 7 will be super games :lol:
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Star of destiny

Post by Star of destiny »

I agree; im not that suprised, but still happy :)
"Leknaat calls me "traveler of the night and bearer of the stars". Though I see the stars that dwell within each of you, I could not possibly hope to know where fate may take you. And I myself am simply one star among many."
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

there could be a gaiden, doesn't mean suikoden 6
Fat chance that would even see the light of day here.

I wish these titles wouldn't come out so fast.. I would rather have them work on them over a while and do it very good and right, rather then go at it fast and the game end up letting us (or just me) down.
Tensyo

Post by Tensyo »

A Rhapsodia sequel maybe?

I mean, by my estimate Suikoden V had to have started development before IV was released. With Rapsodia so close to release isn't it likely they've already started work on a second game?
True Wind Bearer

patapi wrote:Not exactly unexpected. It would be more surprising if Kawano claimed that there will be no more Suikoden games for the Playstation 3, yes?
It definitely would be, although I highly doubt it. I'm hoping 2-4 Suikoden games will appear on the PS3, meaning that the series would go on to a 8th installment or even a 9th.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

that would be a dream come true... of course id probably be too old to still be playing the series..seeing as how im already 20...hey grandpa! give me back my suikoden! lol but in all seriousness id probably be close to my 40s if they would make it all the way up to 9, I dont think id still be palying video games..although..who knows
Hassie

Post by Hassie »

Everyone always says that they wish Konami would take their time and make a good suikoden instead of rushing them.
I'm not exactly sure what factual data you are basing this on. Suikoden 4 was not rushed, it was in production for a very long time.
Just because they have teams working on games, doesnt mean they are rushing them. Having about 1.5 suikoden games a year seems about right. What with technology advance, waiting any longer would make the game obsolete in many players eyes, with regard to graphics and game play.

I would be more afraid of them waiting too long, tweaking it too much. I think first instincts on creating the game and going with what ya know is better. Get everything into the game that we like, and dont give them a chance to re-think about it, and change it to what they think players want.

Anyhow a late '06 release of Suikoden 6 for PS3 seems plausible, but early '07 more likely i think.
Fu Su Lu

Post by Fu Su Lu »

SI & II in PSP, Rhapsodia coming for all the world and now news about SV... is a full atack. All the comments about how konami did want to undertake suikoden -even intentionally- have come to nothing... talking about intention and efforts, because the results are to be seen, I mean as comercial strategy is well but SV has to be good and leave most people satisfied, so the series would be stronger than ever now that PS3 is coming. oh well just my opinion, who konws?
Releasing the first two in PSP is a good chance to let more people to kwow suikoden.