How long do you think the suikoden series will span for

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

she's just afraid that suikoden will turn out like capcoms mega man franchise

but I doubt that would happen since suikoden isn't very popular in america

as long as suikoden is popular in japan and sells decently in america, they will continue to make suikoden games IMO
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

I know its not the place to ask, but what does IMO mean? its been bugging me lately.

Also, I really doubt that Suikoden will turn out like Mega Man, or any of the other games like FF. I have to say I have not played a lot of Mega Man, but with Suikoden, every game links to another game in an order of time. For instance, Suikoden IV-Tactics-V-I-II-III they all link accordingly in a time frame, mentioning previous games when loading data and even when not loading data in some points or another.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

Mikalakatov wrote:I know its not the place to ask, but what does IMO mean? its been bugging me lately.
In my opinion.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Thanks I didnt know what that meant either but was scared to ask
WindFalcon

Post by WindFalcon »

I think I agree with some people here and say 4-5 more games. Perhaps it is only going to be a ten part series... heck, I'd like to see a spin-off in the next-gen system! 'Suikoden Fighters!' Choose main characters from different Suikodens and have them beat eachother down in a fighting game format! Tir versus Lazlo! Jowy versus Geddoe! Riou versus Hugo! ....

Or not...

Still, 4-5 sounds good. Slowly see more and more Runes for each installment, as long as Suiko 6 comes AFTER 3 I'm fine ^^ What I really wanna see is more of the non-human races come into play! Dangit Suiko-crew, you MADE Kobolds and such, USE EM MORE OFTEN!

Geez... anyway, if we follow the trend... (one new race a game, 1-3 True Runes introduced, New Kingdoms, returning characters, Viki, Jeane, Leknaat, etc) then we can easily be introduced to the rest of the world in the next 4 games.. along the way hopefully showing us more of Harmonia, the Sindar, and perhaps a big bang clash between major forces in order to prevent the Still Future.

I say it ends at 10, definitely.
Mikalakatov

Post by Mikalakatov »

Lemmy Claypool wrote:
Mikalakatov wrote:I know its not the place to ask, but what does IMO mean? its been bugging me lately.
In my opinion.
thanks for clearing that up ^_^
Pesmerga786 wrote:Thanks I didnt know what that meant either but was scared to ask
so was I but it kept bothering me.
WindFalcon wrote: Dangit Suiko-crew, you MADE Kobolds and such, USE EM MORE OFTEN!
Yes, but I would like to see either more elves, wingers or maybe a dwarf somewhere around. But better kobolds, like Ridley only ones you can use would be nice.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Actually, I'm not afraid of Suikoden turning out like Megaman...At least that's what I was trying to imply. I believe that Konami would end the series when the time came rather than making unecessary games. The last thing we need is Suikoden II SFVXDJKLMNOP X 2
I hope everything is going delicious.
pesmerga786

Post by pesmerga786 »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Actually, I'm not afraid of Suikoden turning out like Megaman...At least that's what I was trying to imply. I believe that Konami would end the series when the time came rather than making unecessary games. The last thing we need is Suikoden II SFVXDJKLMNOP X 2
hahaha man that would be gay esspecially if they are all rare and expensive
killbot1000

Post by killbot1000 »

it seems to me that it would continue until the point in which konami cant make any more money off of it, as soon as it starts LOSING money again and again is when we wont see it anymore.

Also, is there a website to go to where you can see how well games sold, or how many copies sold, because it seems really easy to find that out about movies and music, but videogames are a tough cookie to crack

Thanks!
EDIT by Red Killy: Please read the rules regarding Avatar. Removed due to breaching the rules.
Mr. Toasty

Post by Mr. Toasty »

IF (key word) there is going to be a Suikoden 6, my theory is that it will be held in Harmonia. Players have heard about this region since #2, and interest in it has been growing ever since. The pattern would seem logical.

In #1, the only outside place mentioned was Jowston/Dunan. And look at where that led. Number two expanded the world greatly, giving the players practically every other world out there, but seemed to heavily reference Grasslands and Zexen, which--lo and behold--is where number 3 took place. "Island Nations" did seem more of an afterthought; Falena then seemed a logical choice for 5 since so much hype was brought into it from 1 and 2, especially the latter.

If not Harmonia, then either Kanakan (drunk-ville), the Southlands, or the Nameless lands. But my money's on Harmonia.
SinaiBeach

Post by SinaiBeach »

i hope that konami can continue to put out more suikodens and find more ways to advertise and get more people to play these awesome games. As long as that happens you will see many more suikodens
And Let Us Not Lose Compassion....For Those Who Have Yet To Be Pardoned....
zerosaver

Post by zerosaver »

WindFalcon wrote:I think I agree with some people here and say 4-5 more games. Perhaps it is only going to be a ten part series... heck, I'd like to see a spin-off in the next-gen system! 'Suikoden Fighters!' Choose main characters from different Suikodens and have them beat eachother down in a fighting game format! Tir versus Lazlo! Jowy versus Geddoe! Riou versus Hugo! ....

Or not...
i doubt that this will happen... since our heroes have no default names... so... what the heck will they be called in the screen in which you pick characters? unless..they reveal the names of the heroes

now back to the topic... there are 27 true runes... one's the Soul Eater, the Gate Rune, the Rune of Beginning(bright sheild and black sword), [insert the one in SIII], Rune of Punishment, Dawn, Twillight and Sun runes. in total...8..unless theres more than one in SIII.. i havent played that yet you see...

if the series continue on selling then they might finish all of the 27 true runes.

at least...that's what i think
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

There are alot more known. In fact there are 18 known of. Unless the twilight and Dawn rune are True Runes( I DO NOT WANT CONFIMRATION ON THIS. Please No spoilers as I'm currently playing Suikoden 5).

Also the Tenkai stars(hero's) have 'Default' names that are used in the novilisations. Hero1 is Tir, hero2 is Riou and hero4 is Lazlo. They all have names in S3. And there are 5 True runes in Suikoden 3 just so you know.
zerosaver

Post by zerosaver »

well thanks for the correction...i havent played SIII yet so i dunno... i cant get my hand on one...
life_isnt_true

Post by life_isnt_true »

ummm.....in suiko 3 when you type in your name you play the old dead guy?????? or was that just me?

i guess it wouldnt matter cause the person you name isnt even in the game...he just has like a couple of cut sences that are some of the other people that knew him...infact they dont even show his face do they???

i havent played suiko 1&2 so i dont know what his name was but...he is there so yeah

and correct me if im wrong?