Where do you think Konami should set suikoden 5

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Destiny's Warrior

Where do you think Konami should set suikoden 5

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I just want to ask Suikoden fans were they think suikoden 5 would be set. I think it would probaly be set in the Queendom of Falena.
Last edited by Destiny's Warrior on Fri Aug 05, 2005 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Pahn

Post by Pahn »

there's already a thread on this I think. Alot of other people think it'll be in Falena too.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

Yeah i heard somewere that there probaly be a really good story to it because that part of the suikoden world uses slavery and gladaitors but i dont know if that was true or not. but i was just if any people thought different.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Imagine if you could train at the coloseum whenever you want to lvl up( like in S4)
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Yeah. Perfect way to get yourself in shape for anything. Including getting yourself to lvl 99 quickly!
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Fury

Post by Fury »

I'll be the oddball and go with Harmonia.
pkubit

Post by pkubit »

How about a revisit to the Toran Republic? There's no rule that says we need to go to a new place for every single game- plus, it would be cool to see a 3-D makeover of the Lake Toran Castle, Gregminster, Qlon, etc.

Plus, that opens up the likelihood of seeing more SoD's from the first 3 games reappearing in the newest iteration. Sticking it down in the Queendom of Falena either forces us to learn 106 new names or tries to convince us that a bunch of the characters from previous games just randomly decided to head down to the Queendom for a while.
Frustration

Post by Frustration »

pkubit wrote:How about a revisit to the Toran Republic? There's no rule that says we need to go to a new place for every single game- plus, it would be cool to see a 3-D makeover of the Lake Toran Castle, Gregminster, Qlon, etc.

Plus, that opens up the likelihood of seeing more SoD's from the first 3 games reappearing in the newest iteration.
I like his idea :oops: .

I would love to see some old faces return, especially Flik & Viktor :)
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

The SODs from GS1-2 are either dead or too old to fight, plain and simple. Considering Viktor was in his 30s during GS2 and GS3 takes place 15 years after 2... he's relatively old.
I hope everything is going delicious.
pkubit

Post by pkubit »

Well, I'd say that some are probably dead, but I'd assume that at least SOME of them would still be around. :)

You could see some of the little 'uns all grown up - like Tuta was in 3. You could continue the legacies of some of the older characters by seeing some of their children - maybe Tai Ho and Kimberly's illegitimate kid-turned-sailing pro, or Flik not fighting but heading up the Warrior's village.

And even so, Liukan and Maximillian were still kicking butt in their old age, so it's possible you could see a grey-haired, bear-like man still fighting vampires in his twilight years. I'm just sayin'.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

...I think Hix will become the new head of the warriors village since he and Teengar are bound to stay together. Like she'd let him go, anyway.

I highly doubt we'll see any SODs from GS1 or GS2 in GS5, if it picks up after GS3. There is a chance of us seeing their children, however. Not to mention, it seems like Futch is going to be around for maybe 1 more game. We've seen him grow up during the Suikoden timeline. Jeane and Viki are staples, so it seems we'll see them return as well. I dont know if they'll be in Rhapsodia, however, and if they are I think they'll just have cameos.
blue_lightning

Post by blue_lightning »

just because there has been a passage of time does not rule ANYONE out of an RPG lol in the FF series anything and everything happens no matter how plausible.

time travel, alternate realities, the gate rune, bearers of true runes.... endless possibilities to bring old SODs back to wherever the series goes next.

perhaps flik and viktor might come across something mystical whilst travelling... maybe pesmerga and yuber could warp somewhere... Sierra could pop by for a chat...

even it was just a cameo from any of the classic SODs it would be gd
pkubit

Post by pkubit »

That's true- Konami can do whatever they want with the storyline, they're the authors. However, Suikoden as a series has generally avoided those deus ex machina kind of plot elements in the past, so I probably wouldn't count on it.

Yes, there was some time travel in Suikoden I, and the whole universe takes place in a fantasy setting with magic and monsters and whatnot, but one thing that originally drew me to the Suikoden series was the plausibility of the storyline. No saving the planet, no flying to the moon, and conflicts which are not necessarily good vs. evil, but more believable. I'd hate to see some weird plot element thrown in just to include a few old SOD's.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

...That was amazing. *claps* Finally, someone who isn't uninhibited *gives pkubit a medal*
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Or they could pull a Namco x Capcom on us, and Konami could easily create a bestseller title...

Just plain no. I know it's highly desirable, but returning characters do not instantly make or break a game. I have always felt that most returning characters' subsequent appearance usually felt rather forced, unless they are given valid reasons as a participant (or similar) in the new story compared to their previous one. i.e. Luc in III, Ted in IV, Clive in II. Of course, there are always cameo characters like Lepant/Liukan, but those are not what the fans want, yes?

However the timeline structure of the series give ample opportunity for older characters to essentially return in the form of another; be it a direct ancestor/descendant, or otherwise. i.e. Humphrey couldn't play much of a role in III, so they gave his sword to Futch as a cameo. Similarly, Edge "received" Viktor's sword.

They might make an AU spin-off, say, a side game similar to Tales of Narikiri Dungeon, employing the few most popular characters in the series or something. But nothing canonical.

I agree with Fury though. We might as well go to Harmonia, just for the sake of fulfilling fans' expectations. To make matters more "interesting", have it set a few years after IV, so that ideally we could get the best of both worlds and everyone would be happy.