Where do you think Konami should set suikoden 5

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Black Knight Yuber

Where do you think Konami should set suikoden 5

Post by Black Knight Yuber »

That could either be a symbol or birth mark. Or just maybe it's possibly a True Rune, Pale Gate, or some other rune never mentioned.
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

Will there will be elves in Falena?
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
Faust

Post by Faust »

I hope not. Elves and kobolds in every suikoden game is a bit of a drag. It was VERY nice in suikoden 1 to establish they lived in the SME, a bit of a push to include them in Suikoden 2 (why would there be Kobold villages everywhere? Stallion turning up was ok I guess), and Suikoden three was a bit farcical to see Roland(was it "roland?") and Muto. It was like "Hey fans, we heard some people liked the elves and kobolds so we'll include them in everything". New races, like the Lizardmen, are golden!
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Faust wrote:
I hope not. Elves and kobolds in every suikoden game is a bit of a drag. It was VERY nice in suikoden 1 to establish they lived in the SME, a bit of a push to include them in Suikoden 2 (why would there be Kobold villages everywhere? Stallion turning up was ok I guess), and Suikoden three was a bit farcical to see Roland(was it "roland?") and Muto. It was like "Hey fans, we heard some people liked the elves and kobolds so we'll include them in everything". New races, like the Lizardmen, are golden!

Hmm, I don't know how I feel about what you said. I mean, they've been in every game so far, but it's not as if their numbers make up a majority of your army. We've had less than 10(6 to be exact) Kobolds out of 4 games, 3 Naykobolds/Nekobolds, and 9 elves. While I like the idea of their being more races, having these three races is fine with the majority of players. From what I've seen, most people would like to see more of these races. Some people even wish the upcoming Tenkai's should be one of these races.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I would get mighty bored with a bunch of white humans running around. Although the elves and kobolds might've gotten old to you, what about the dwarves? I don't really mind if we don't see the standard elves, kobolds, dwarves, etc., but at least something besides a bunch of white people running around. Hell, I'd even settle for some black people in SV.

Also, asking why there are so many Kobold village (two villages is a lot to you?) is like asking why there are so many humans running around everywhere. I don't think it has anything to do with the staff getting bored and adding in random races to please the fans, they just decided to do it because we need something more diverse than white people in the games, especially with 108 recruitable characters and even more NPCs.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I agree, I always thought that one of Suikoden IV's main flaws was that practically every SOD was a human (more specifically, white humans) with the exceptions of Chiepoo, Champo, Nalkul, Paula, Selma and the mermaids I think everyone else was a human. This is counting Viki and Jeane as humans, obviously. I'd like to see the return of colourful and interesting creatures in SV, although admittedly, Nay-Kobolds were a welcome new addition IMO.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Well this problem is not only existant in Konami's RPG, but just about every RPG. For the most part, every character of most RPGs are white skinned. A guy I used to go to highschool with wrote a paper over this very topic. He thought it was ironic how most, if not all, characters in RPGs are pale white skinned characters yet they're concieved, for the most part, by asians.

I do agree with the other things that have been said. With 108 recruitable characters there should be a lot more diversity. It was quite hilarious when I stumbled upon Kalekka and recruited Blackman and found out that he wasn't even black. *cough*
Pseudo Black Man
I hope everything is going delicious.
Eao

Post by Eao »

prehaps we'll have Centaurs or..antlope men in suikoden 5!
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Faust

Post by Faust »

Also, asking why there are so many Kobold village (two villages is a lot to you?) is like asking why there are so many humans running around everywhere. I don't think it has anything to do with the staff getting bored and adding in random races to please the fans, they just decided to do it because we need something more diverse than white people in the games, especially with 108 recruitable characters and even more NPCs.
And once more people get confused about "race" and "species" and assume that an anti-kobold remark is a racist remark of some kind! Note that I did not state that I have ANYTHING against the other human races in Suikoden - I assumed the Tenkai from the first two games was the Suikoverses Asian equivalent not just a "white guy". I'd be happy with more people like Shin, Gantetsu etc in the games. My point WAS that it seems like the creators are RANDOMLY adding them in to the games JUST for the SAKE of it. Get me? Oh, Roland is an Elf general eh? Oh, Paula is an elf too eh? Oh, Stallion is back eh? Instead of inventing new races or whatever . I enjoyed the Nekobolds as they were new and pretty funky, but if a Nekobold turns up in EVERY suikoden game in the future then that to me just implies laziness. The dwarfs were handled well - mentioned in one game, then one random dwarf character so far to recruit. Nice bonus.

(PS Saying "I am bored of random kobolds and elves thrown in to appease elf/kobold fans" is not the same as saying "No black people in Suikoden please!!!". Say if they put Neclord in every game, or a Vampire exactly the same as him? I remember people fiercely criticising people who wished that he'd come back in Suikoden III before it was released)
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I didn't mean that you were racist when I said "more diverse than white people", I just meant that we need more than white people running around in the games; nothing more, nothing less. Fact is, most of the humans in the game are white, or simply a darker shade of white ("tan", for instance).

If you really think about it, there's no such thing as a completely original race, since almost every variation of anthropomorphic being has been done in the past. All the Konami staff can do is implement them into their games. Ducks, Lizards, Kobolds, Elves, Dwarves, Naykobolds, the new Gopher/Beaver people, Wingers, etc. have all been done before, although they may not have the same name as the ones in Suikoden.

Seeing as you aren't satisifed with the current state of the non-human SoDs in the series, could I ask you how you would like the non-human SoDs to be done? It just seems like no matter how Konami implements the non-humans, you won't like it.

The second paragraph is just another misinterpretation, it seems. I didn't say you said anything about not wanting black people in the series, but I can see how you could interpret it that way.
czartiffac

Post by czartiffac »

Guys no need to be converse on the so called more "white people" in Suikoden.

Don't forget this game is made in Japan. So just like thier anime's most of the characters will be well white coz thier reflecting upon themselves and thier nationality even though unconciously.

Its just where its made and I don't think theres any racial thing in it. No worries.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

Angelis_Taleria wrote:Well this problem is not only existant in Konami's RPG, but just about every RPG. For the most part, every character of most RPGs are white skinned. A guy I used to go to highschool with wrote a paper over this very topic. He thought it was ironic how most, if not all, characters in RPGs are pale white skinned characters yet they're concieved, for the most part, by asians.

I do agree with the other things that have been said. With 108 recruitable characters there should be a lot more diversity. It was quite hilarious when I stumbled upon Kalekka and recruited Blackman and found out that he wasn't even black. *cough*
Pseudo Black Man
Blue Moon talks about this very same topic on his website. Here is the page: http://www.suikox.com/ed/race40318.html. I definitely agree with him.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.
Einlanzer

Post by Einlanzer »

Thanks for posting that, I forgot how entertaining and interesting the posts from SARS were. It's been a while since I read.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

didnt sars admin write that? is sars the same blue moon that started it all?

edit: typo
Last edited by son_michael on Mon Sep 19, 2005 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
HolyPaladin

Post by HolyPaladin »

son_michael wrote:didnt sars admin right that? is sars the same blue moon that started it all?
Yes, the usernames SARS Admin and Blue Moon belong to the same person.
Last edited by HolyPaladin on Sun Jan 25, 2015 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Showcasing Q here because he's the man! 8) Er, robot. :oops: Wait, cyborg...? :? OK, just what is Q, anyway?!
Oh, and please call me Paladin for short.