Where do you think Konami should set suikoden 5

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I also would like it to be set in Falena because that means some new countries might be introduced and also the fact that it would make a great story according to some speculations made about it.

I can only hope :roll:
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Faust

Post by Faust »

That's not to say that it's not a possibility
That was my point. I quoted a person who said it would not be a possibility pretty much. That was my only argument.

Has anybody considered the possibility of a game concerning the war between the Rugners (The Succession war)? It's Pre-Suiko1, but not an exceptionally long time, and would invite the "return" so to speak of the great generals as well as Leon, or basically any stars born before IS430-35 which could have a possible reason for being in the area (Flik would be 13 at the time, and in the Lorimar region for example - a reason!). Humphrey was in the army also at this time was he not?

(I better state this in case anyone states "OMG nut happin evar" - this is just an opinion on a speculation thread).
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

All I can say is "not likely." You forget that each Suikoden needs a new 108 Stars of Destiny and the Tenkai star for everyone else to rally around. It seems like each new Suikoden will contain a plot we are not familiar with (which would exclude my Georg Prime/Killey scenario hope.)

While it would be nice to learn about all these previous events I can't see it possible to have a scenario we already know about having a plot and 108 stars of destiny. We already know what happened during the Succession War.... meaning goodbye surprise ending.

Does anyone follow me?
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Faust

Post by Faust »

I don't see your point concerning the 108, as it seems a bit odd to suggest that the resources wouldn't be there for a Tenkai and 107 followers in the succession war, especially as all suikoden games so far do seem to feature a clear majority of new stars. It would be a simple matter to go into the events of the war, make kind of big dramatic events happen that haven't been documented and decided upon yet and then to create a few new characters.

I DO totally see your point concerning the ending however. I hadn't thought about it. But thinking about it, we pretty much knew how Suikoden 1 and 2 would end - with the vanquishing of Barbarossa/Jowy. The knowledge that Barbarossa won the war wouldn't really "spoil" anything. It's a similar situation to watching a James Bond movie in the knowledge that the spy isn't going to die and will eventually triumph. We already kind of know the endings.
Hxc Flavor

Post by Hxc Flavor »

To some degree, we know the ending. We don't know the exact details however. Yes, in most movies the protagonist will triumph over the opposing force... but that doesn't stop us from watching the movie and being surprised does it? We still hate when people tell us how the movie ends. To make a game based on an event we already know the story of would still be fun to play, but we already know how things are going to go and what's supposed to happen. We lose the adrenaline rush and effect of playing the game for numerous hours because we want to see what happens next.

As for the 108 and Tenkai star thing, I don't think you completely understood what I was saying. What I WAS saying was that since there have been games taking place after the Sucession War, for example, the events for that war have been documented. Since there is no indication of a hero rising up and collecting Stars of Destinies along the way, it would be dumb to go back and create a game taking place in that time while also creating a new hero and people and events we didnt hear of before.
"I'd be happy to demonstrate its sharpness on your neck."
Hikusaak The Great

Post by Hikusaak The Great »

I think Suikoden 5 will most likely be set in a conflict involving a small nation that is being invaded by Harmonia near Harmonia's northern border ( Remember, guys, we haven't seen a map of Northern Harmonia ). Eventually, you play as the son of that small nation's general, that flees from Harmonia's siege of the capital and tries to reorganize what's left of their army to repel Harmonia's invasion. Along the way, at some point in the game, you will have to go to a neighbouring nation to seek their help to repel the Harmonian invasion, and the hero will explain to that nation's leader that Harmonia's aggression would eventually be directed at his country if Harmonia succeeds in maintaining a long-term military occupation and presence in the Hero's nation.

And of course, the hero will collect 108 SODs and obtain a True Rune to fight against Harmonia. The villain in this game will be a Harmonian general that bears a True Rune, and you will fight him in the end. Of couse, that is only speculation, but that's how I predict Suiko 5 to be like. I also want Suiko 5 to focus more on inter-personal relationships between the SOD characters, kinda like in Final Fantasy X. Anyway, i hope what i predict will happen, because it's the 'Harmonia Factor' that intrigues me the most in the Suikoden series. :D
"War is like a game. The best nations wins, and the weak nations loses."
Faust

Post by Faust »

To some degree, we know the ending. We don't know the exact details however. Yes, in most movies the protagonist will triumph over the opposing force... but that doesn't stop us from watching the movie and being surprised does it? We still hate when people tell us how the movie ends. To make a game based on an event we already know the story of would still be fun to play, but we already know how things are going to go and what's supposed to happen. We lose the adrenaline rush and effect of playing the game for numerous hours because we want to see what happens next.
You're misunderstanding me - we DON'T know all the events which happened during the succession war. We know very little about it, only what Konami has released so far.

Your argument is along the lines of "Don't watch a film based on a real happening as we already know the ending". EVERYONE who saw "The Passion of the Christ" knew exactly how it ended (whether they believed it or not). Same with any film based on a court case, a real life war or a murder spree. Just because we know the ending doesn't really change anything. It means we need a lot of blanks filling in (as we don't know the beginning, or the majority of the middle. And hell, we know the ending is "Barbarossa wins". How is that having a really detailed view of the ending?).
As for the 108 and Tenkai star thing, I don't think you completely understood what I was saying. What I WAS saying was that since there have been games taking place after the Sucession War, for example, the events for that war have been documented. Since there is no indication of a hero rising up and collecting Stars of Destinies along the way, it would be dumb to go back and create a game taking place in that time while also creating a new hero and people and events we didnt hear of before.
The events haven't been documented excessively though. There's no record of a Hero "gathering 108 stars of destiny" from the Toran, Dunan or Grasslands wars really either - except to those who were involved and knew what happened. We don't know if Barbarossa managed to have his own cast of stars as it's not been confirmed or denied, so I doubt that it would be dumb for Konami to go back and give new life and new breath to an event from the Suikoverse past. I'd call it more "rewarding and generous" than "dumb" personally.

From Suikosource's timeline:
IS 455
The Rebel's Hideout at Lenankamp is attacked by the Imperial Army and the Liberation Army was destroyed. Odessa Silverberg dies in this attack. The Liberation Army is reformed soon at the "Old Fortress of Lake Toran" with the son of Teo McDohl as the leader.
Pilika, Makumaku, Mikumiku, Mukumuku, Mokumoku, Mekumeku, Wilder, and Shizu are born.

IS 456
By the strategy of Mathiu Silverberg, Tinto and Southwindow occupy the northern area (Senan) of the Scarlet Moon empire.
Landis is born.

IS 457
The son of Teo McDohl leads the Liberation Army to victory. The Scarlet Moon Empire is destroyed and the Toran Republic is formed. The first President is Lepant.
Juan, Edge, Sarah, Nei, Goro, and Scott are born.
There's the documentation of the war in Suikoden1. Where does it say 108 stars, or anything at about stars of destiny? The SoD are a mystical thing, not known to most people (only learnéd people such as Fuiken and Leknaat seem to know what they are really), so why would there be documentation about SoDs in the Succession war and not any of the others?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Plus, if they made a game to cover the Succession War, they don't have to include the 108 Stars, much like Suikogaiden and Rhapsodia.

For some people (like myself), a bunch of text detailing the events of an entire war just isn't that satisfying. I would love to take part in the Succession War, just to see it actually happen instead of reading about it. This is why people go to see movies such as The Passion of the Christ or the Harry Potter movies, even though they already know what's going to happen. It's just nifty to see Harry Potter on the big screen doing the things that you've read about in the books.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sputnik

Post by Sputnik »

I would like it to be set in another continent so it can introduce new countries i think that would be great. :D :D :D :D :D :D
Mad About Suikoden.

suikoden 5

Post by Mad About Suikoden. »

i think that harmonia would be a good place to hold suikoden 5. but i think it would be good if it were set in the area of suikoden 4 because i would wonder how it would look like 150 years later??
Hunter451

Well, here's my opinion...

Post by Hunter451 »

There are two thigns they will likely do, I think... either they'll do the obvious, and focus on Falena, or...they could finish off the continent we already know so well. I'm talking about the Nameless Lands, and more information on Harmonia. Well, Harmonia can wait till near the end... but come on, the Nameless Lands! The name is begging for it's own Liberation/Unification/whatever. That done with, they could go crazy with Falena and the southern part of the Suikoden world...

As for what I'd like to see?
In Solis -2
The Hero Hikusaak defeats the Kingdom of Aronia and establishes the Holy Kingdom of Harmonia.
Black Silver

Post by Black Silver »

Hy There. See here. In the New Famitsu its a Article about Suikoden 5

http://dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=28619

Infos
- SuikodenV is playing in the Quenndom of Falena
- The Hero is the Princess or the Prince from Falena

More about later.
vaser3

Post by vaser3 »

Well, it seems it will be in Falena this time. Take a look of this, and this.

I don´t know much about reading japanese, but I can read Falena write in katakana a couple of times there. Anyone can translate all the rest?

I edit:
Wow, Black Silver advance me for 4 minutes :wink: .
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Interesting.

That person in the top right of the http://dgs-online.nl/image.asp?id=28619 image must be the Queen of Falena, a Queen who can't help but resemble Jeane.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I was thinking the same thing... but whats that symbol on her head?