Where do you think Konami should set suikoden 5

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Faust

Post by Faust »

Seeing as you aren't satisifed with the current state of the non-human SoDs in the series, could I ask you how you would like the non-human SoDs to be done? It just seems like no matter how Konami implements the non-humans, you won't like it.

*Note how I said I was happy with the way it was done in Suikoden 1 and was happy with the Nay-Kobolds of Suikoden IV (I.e. the phrase "no matter how Konami...you won't like it" is untrue).

I have no argument with Konami. I am just a fan making criticism on a product. Originality is the way to go.
Solamen miseris socios habuisse doloris
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I understand, but please don't partially quote me to make it seem as though I said something that I didn't. This is the full quote: "It just seems like no matter how Konami implements the non-humans, you won't like it." That was how I felt about what you were saying. I never said that's how you actually felt, it was just my interpretation of what you said.
Faust

Post by Faust »

I see. In future I'd like if you didn't just skip out large portions of my post, dismissing them as me "misunderstanding". No offence is necessary, but "seems" is just another way of putting your opinion out there about me being an ungrateful fan or somesuch (claiming that it "seems" to you that I wouldn't be happy no matter how Konami handled it).

I apologise for my tone somewhat, but I hope you appreciate my point. Imagine a huge black guy with the Mr.T style attitude in every Final Fantasy game? FF gets enough criticism for having almost identical heroes (Squall, Cloud, Titus, Zidane - although Zidane was less of an angst merchant).

My main annoyance with it occured recently when playing Suikoden 4. It did seem to me (pointing out how it seems to me myself ;)) that the elven section of Na-Nal was worked in for two reasons:

A) Plot device which lasted a few seconds (exploring the like three empty maps that consist of their territory is pointless after their interaction. Even Selma isn't found there).
B) So elves could be in the game and people could be all "That is where the elves are from! They didn't travel from the SME after all!")

The Nay-Kobolds and Mermaids I felt were handled very well. It wouldn't make sense to have Dwarfs or Kobolds in the Island nations really, so they were replaced for this episode. Great! Mermaids (logical for the sea, nice way of collecting them all, even if reusing the whole "Maas/Mukumuku/Dogs" thing, but if it's a series staple to bolster out the numbers with "gotta catch'em all" stars then that's ok I guess), and the Nay-Kobolds - which also made sense if that's the only village they have/place they exist.

If in Suikoden V we have a Nay-Kobold who wishes to be like the legendary great Chiepoo, a Mermaid existing in a random Pond and an outcast Elf I'm just going to be all smug and shoot hehe.

Again Jowy, this is not attended as an attack on you whatsoever, I just feel the need to expand upon my complaint rather than just be shut up with "You'll never be happy!!!!"
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

um you should really use quotes
Faust

Post by Faust »

When replying it has been to the person directly above me's retort, ergo quotes would be pointless and unnecessary. Hence in this case. Quoting you would just force everyone to read your comment twice within a space of like an inch.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

its kind of hard to tell the difference between your post and jowys{font wise} maybe you should of spaced it a bit more and put this symbol" " in the beggining and end of jowys post
Faust

Post by Faust »

The hell? Dude, my post is entirely my own writing. I didn't quote the guy in large bodies of text @_@. The ONLY word I quoted him on in the post was "seems". Are you misreading my post hermano? I didn't like merge them. (Although I DO see what you mean by the quote thing now if you thought I'd put sections of Jowy's text in there and not put quotes around it. Rest assured, it is all one whole!)
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I didnt realize it was all your post, I thought the top was jowys post and under was yours

so you didnt do anything wrong, ignore my previous post
HiroRao

Post by HiroRao »

On the subject of Non-Humans. Did anyone else love the irony of SIV? Nay-Kobolds who are cats liveing on an island, but hate water with a passion. There placement was the most random ever, but there my favorite Non-human race so far.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Faust wrote:I see. In future I'd like if you didn't just skip out large portions of my post, dismissing them as me "misunderstanding". No offence is necessary, but "seems" is just another way of putting your opinion out there about me being an ungrateful fan or somesuch (claiming that it "seems" to you that I wouldn't be happy no matter how Konami handled it).
I'm sorry you feel that way, but I didn't mean to offend you by leaving out large portions of your post. If I didn't address a certain section of your post, it probably means I agreed with you. Your point about 'seems' is my point too. It was my opinion of you, not what you actually said. I wasn't trying to say "Wow, you're an asshole that just loves complaining.", I was trying to understand your view-points, hence why I even bothered asking how you'd like things done.
Faust wrote:I apologise for my tone somewhat, but I hope you appreciate my point. Imagine a huge black guy with the Mr.T style attitude in every Final Fantasy game? FF gets enough criticism for having almost identical heroes (Squall, Cloud, Titus, Zidane - although Zidane was less of an angst merchant).
I appreciate and understand your concern, but it seems pretty far-fetched that FF would adopt a Mr. T-esque protagonist. Could you possibly clarify on this?
Faust wrote:My main annoyance with it occured recently when playing Suikoden 4. It did seem to me (pointing out how it seems to me myself ;)) that the elven section of Na-Nal was worked in for two reasons:

A) Plot device which lasted a few seconds (exploring the like three empty maps that consist of their territory is pointless after their interaction. Even Selma isn't found there).
B) So elves could be in the game and people could be all "That is where the elves are from! They didn't travel from the SME after all!")
I understand this point, and I agree with it. The elven section of Na-nal was handled pretty badly; it would've been nice if we could see another Elven town. I miss the one from the first game.
Faust wrote:The Nay-Kobolds and Mermaids I felt were handled very well. It wouldn't make sense to have Dwarfs or Kobolds in the Island nations really, so they were replaced for this episode. Great! Mermaids (logical for the sea, nice way of collecting them all, even if reusing the whole "Maas/Mukumuku/Dogs" thing, but if it's a series staple to bolster out the numbers with "gotta catch'em all" stars then that's ok I guess), and the Nay-Kobolds - which also made sense if that's the only village they have/place they exist.
Agreed, somewhat. Water-hating anthropomorphic cats out in the middle of the ocean seem to have pretty bad decision-making skills when it comes to choosing where to settle.
Faust wrote:If in Suikoden V we have a Nay-Kobold who wishes to be like the legendary great Chiepoo, a Mermaid existing in a random Pond and an outcast Elf I'm just going to be all smug and shoot hehe.
Yeah, I wouldn't like that much, either.
Faust wrote:Again Jowy, this is not attended as an attack on you whatsoever, I just feel the need to expand upon my complaint rather than just be shut up with "You'll never be happy!!!!"
I'm not trying to shut you up, I'm just trying to understand your view-points. You seem to be a smart member, and I'd like to hear what you have to say (really, I do).
Faust

Post by Faust »

I appreciate and understand your concern, but it seems pretty far-fetched that FF would adopt a Mr. T-esque protagonist. Could you possibly clarify on this?
Barret in Final Fantasy 7 hehe. He screamed Mr.T.

I apologise if I came off as harsh earlier in the thread Jowy. The problem with forums is that misunderstandings occur a lot more frequently :x. No probalo though, I get your sentimony!
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Don't worry about it, it's happened many times before; I always seem like I'm talking down to people whenver I post, although you can now see that I'm really not.
Sagiri

Re: Where do you think Konami should set suikoden 5

Post by Sagiri »

I wanna see Tir again in future suikoden games....
It's a pinky promise. If I break my promise you break my pinky.