Suikoden 5 - Graphics or story

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
LillyXChris

Post by LillyXChris »

Oppenheimer wrote:I think voices are fine, if they are done well.
I definitely agree. Example would be Kingdom Hearts. Leon (aka Squall) was voiced by David Boreanez, who was known for his role in Angel. Yuffie was voiced by Christy Carlson Romano, known for the voice of Kim Possible.

Then you've got the original Disney characters. Donald and Goofy sound the same way they did in House of Mouse.

I would say they are fine, not just because of the Hollywood stars but if the guys can keep it original.
Just think about it. Someone might be writing a Kingdom Hearts 2/Pretty Cure x-over right now. That someone is me.

Now playing POTC At World's End
Nozomi Yumehara and Darkside Dream... Miko (Princess) Yumehara
Sisters (Yes Precure 5/Precure X-over)
Siel Avadon

Post by Siel Avadon »

I like suikodens to be like the first and second one. Also I want more like that "And wine from kanaakan" or "Hmm, Why us? Why not scarlet moon empire or city state of jowston?"

"anyone remember the hero of the soul eater rune?"

More "easter eggs" like some refer to call them.
Jeane, The Marilyn Monroe of Suikoden.
Destiny's Warrior

Post by Destiny's Warrior »

I would have to say story because a great story makes a great game.
"It's called 'Sex Panther' by Odeon... It's illegal in 9 countries... Yep, it's made with real bits of panther so you know it's good."

"Are we about to get it on, 'cause i'm as hard as diamond in an ice storm..."
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

I agree with you, destinys warrior. Neither Suikoden 1 or 2 had great graphics, but they had great story, great characters, great controls and great atmosphere- and they turned out to be some of the best RPGs ever! Final Fantasy X is a pure example of how an RPG shouldn't be made- spectacular graphics and animation, great voice acting, but with idiotic characters and villains, absolutely no world exploration, and too pathetic love scenes that they tried to make emotional... :evil:

We don't care about graphics! We want a game like Suikoden 2!
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Mymiridion

Post by Mymiridion »

honestly I love 2-D graphics, but thats just me. I obviously would definitely say story, and konami is so good at doing it we can see with suikoden 1 and 2. So forget every other gaming company konami, go with storyline.
Chaos would suite me just fine ~Yuber
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Mymiridion wrote:honestly I love 2-D graphics, but thats just me. I obviously would definitely say story, and konami is so good at doing it we can see with suikoden 1 and 2. So forget every other gaming company konami, go with storyline.

Yeah, I hope those guys at Konami will hear you! I couldn't agree with you more, friend!!!!!!!!!!
Sir Maldon, the mighty knight of Greenland, bringer of fear and destruction, destroyer of wine barrels, pride of Imperial Heavily Armored Knights Special Elite Destroyer Unit, evil monsters' WORST nightmare!!!!!!!!
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

Maldonado wrote:
Mymiridion wrote:honestly I love 2-D graphics, but thats just me. I obviously would definitely say story, and konami is so good at doing it we can see with suikoden 1 and 2. So forget every other gaming company konami, go with storyline.

Yeah, I hope those guys at Konami will hear you! I couldn't agree with you more, friend!!!!!!!!!!
i agree completely to! O_O
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

you know what? I think if konami made suikoden in 2d again it would be the end for suikoden

because lets face it, 2d games arent gonna sell, people always want bigger and better looking things more advanced than anything and the sad fact is that the majority of gamers want better graphics and visuals rather than great story and character develepment. I would bet anything that a 2d game wouldnt even be released in america or the uk

so thats why I think we need to be patient with konami and support them as best as we can even if they make mistakes, I have a feeling many people at konami wanna throw away suikoden but theres a group who said"let us take suikoden, even without mr murayama we can do it!" and these people are keeping it alive and to do so they have to appease fans all over the world, not worry about us hardcore faithful suikoden fans, they need us to tell people how great suikoden is and we need to buy all the merchandise we can so it sends a message to the higher ups at konami that suikoden is loved in america and the uk and they need to keep it going

but if we the fans refuse to accept that the old is dead and a new future for suikoden must come then konami will not make any money based on our desires and they will only continue to distribute suikoden games in japan
Blue Sasarai

Post by Blue Sasarai »

son_michael wrote:you know what? I think if konami made suikoden in 2d again it would be the end for suikoden

because lets face it, 2d games arent gonna sell, people always want bigger and better looking things more advanced than anything and the sad fact is that the majority of gamers want better graphics and visuals rather than great story and character develepment. I would bet anything that a 2d game wouldnt even be released in america or the uk

so thats why I think we need to be patient with konami and support them as best as we can even if they make mistakes, I have a feeling many people at konami wanna throw away suikoden but theres a group who said"let us take suikoden, even without mr murayama we can do it!" and these people are keeping it alive and to do so they have to appease fans all over the world, not worry about us hardcore faithful suikoden fans, they need us to tell people how great suikoden is and we need to buy all the merchandise we can so it sends a message to the higher ups at konami that suikoden is loved in america and the uk and they need to keep it going

but if we the fans refuse to accept that the old is dead and a new future for suikoden must come then konami will not make any money based on our desires and they will only continue to distribute suikoden games in japan
i know, theres no going back to those good old games. just hopefully they put more work like they did in the old ones, for future ones thats all.
ill buy suikoden games either way, cuz i still love em, but if they want to attract other newer customers, they need to lay off the *just* graphics and no plot ideas. because it would be the same as them making them 2-D. less people will buy for one reason or the other.
"i hate you more than anything in this world.
but at the same time, you're the only one i empathize with."

-luc to sasarai
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

True, true...we have to face reality. *sniff* Old times when 2D games ruled are history, and we have to accept the fact that we live in a money-grabbin' world where people just want to be entertained with spectacular graphics and flashy 3D effects, and gaming industry simply wants to make more money of it. Nobody cares anymore if the game is good or not, as long as it follows the trends of modern graphics. Disguisting! :(

I loved Suikoden 1 and Suikoden 2, but let's face it- Suikoden 3 sucked (except for the story) because they tried to make a spectacular 3D game, it was so bad you couldn't even explore the world map freely. And those "strategic" battles were terrible! Even a child could win those! The only reason why I played it was because it's Suikoden after all, so it can't be that bad. I never finished it, tough. When Suikoden 5 finally appears, I will deffinitly not buy it simply because it's Suikoden. The real Suikoden games (1 and 2) are history. This latest stuff looks more like Final Fantasy X then Suikoden. Sad... :(
I truely hope Konami will work a little bit harder on Suikoden 5 and prove us that Suikoden saga is not yet history.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

Well.. that's not all entirely true, look at NIS games, the imbecile fan girls/boys always come back for more. Admit it, all of you would cave in if they released the next Suikoden in 2D, it's definately not going to happen due to Konami's reputation. Unless some PSP miracle happened.
Maldonado

Post by Maldonado »

Yeah, we probably would...
Dreamer4eternity

Post by Dreamer4eternity »

(Sorry if this has been said before, but I just read the first page and skipped to the last)

I think that the answer to that question has already been answered. I mean look at the amazing success suikoden 3 had, with it's awsome story, but not so awsome graphics. As opposed to suikoden 4 with its good graphics, but not so good story. But as gor me, I will always be a sucker for the first two games. Those two were my alltime favorites. I loved the story, and I loved the 2d graphics, although I was much more fond of the suikoden 2's character pictures haha. I really hope that they will bring back some of the things that made those games so popular in suikoden 5. (Starts praying that suikoden 5 will be the best one yet)
Kranach

Post by Kranach »

i like story better than graphics... for me if the story is great then the game is great... and i like the 2d sprite better...
skymansxeno

Post by skymansxeno »

You know, just because something is 2d doesn't mean it has bad graphics. SII had fantastic graphics. Especially the last battle.

SII was more beautiful than a lot of games that where on psx.