[True Rune] Possibility

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
futanchen

Post by futanchen »

my idea for a true rune is "True Chef Rune". the bearer will be the most powerful chef in suiko world. that'll be awesome! :D
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Rabid fang rune......hmmm. another lower tier of the beast perhaps? Ernst? is he/she from gs3? i got some true rune ideas on my friends computer. ill bring them in.
futanchen wrote:my idea for a true rune is "True Chef Rune". the bearer will be the most powerful chef in suiko world. that'll be awesome! :D
maybe a rune to represent food, drink etc. we couldnt survive without it.
nasse

Post by nasse »

True Chef Rune?

I hope there will be good ol cook-off contest again...
i miss it a lot :cry:
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

anokosa wrote:Rabid fang rune......hmmm. another lower tier of the beast perhaps? Ernst? is he/she from gs3? i got some true rune ideas on my friends computer. ill bring them in.
futanchen wrote:my idea for a true rune is "True Chef Rune". the bearer will be the most powerful chef in suiko world. that'll be awesome! :D
maybe a rune to represent food, drink etc. we couldnt survive without it.
Ernst is from S5. And to correct Demon Eye, he takes the form of a Leopard.
Laharle

Post by Laharle »

hmm how bout a Sky Rune?

grants power of the sky and grants unique looking wings to the bearer
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

How bout

Rune Of Oblivion:power to forget and promise(suikoden 6)

maybe the next suiko story should be about a boy who later hold the Rune Of Oblivion...and the rune sort of trying to take the Hero past but with the help from his three best friend two boys and a girl he like,and leknaat advice such as"you must not let the rune control you",he manage to control the power completly until the person he really love sacrifice for him,he wanted to take off that memory but somewhat lose control of it abd lost all his memory....(maybe this happen somewhere at the last part where all SoD is recruited..)with the aid from all star which bring back his memory,he and his party lead to the final boss battle with vitory(the person who kill the Hero beloved drink a potion and turn to a devastating monster..)the Hero then say goodbye travelling along with his two friend and not forgetting his beloved ashes.And the ending shows a picture of the Hero sitting on the cliff holding the urn on his lap and with his two friend standing behind enjoying the breeze together.and lastly..his memories of this is kept.

this suikoden is about love is passion, memories,and revenge..ahhh

okok stop it im just kidding..but it gd right?i love it but it sort of all love :wink: [/b]
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Yes its a good idea. Too bad someone posted the EXACT same thing a page back (well not exactly the same. Nasse's version is more in-depth).

What about a True Rune governing Vengeance? But the duality should include forgivement but thats already taken. So that means Punishment=Vengeance.

Now this is something I've been thinking about. I always thought that the Rune of the Begining governed both the End and the Begining. NOw I'm thinking that it might not be like that. I figured that that was the only posisble duality for that True Rune but then I remembered the Circle Rune. It governs Order and Stagnation. Order being the positive aspect and Stagnation the negative result of order(instead of chaos, wich would've been a more obvious duality, but thats reserved for either the Rune of Change or the Eightfold Rune.). If the begining Rune worked the same( and didn't have 'the end' as its second aspect) then there should be a Ending Rune(Rune of the End, Apocolyps Rune... whatever.).
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

hey nasse...how about this..u have your Rune Of Memory and the rune sort of like create it OPPOSITE side..it not a split rune..and the storyline follow mine coz im really into it..bout how love is passion...which could turn love to hatred..the part where i write he wanted to take off the memory of his beloved getting killed infront of him...and maybe one of the Hero friend somewhat hold the Rune of Memory which help the Hero to gain memories slowly...btw people..this rune is not to be taken lightly..it has strong spell more stronger when unite..ahahah..How u like this Wraith..cool?

BTW..IREALLY LOVE THIS THREAD>>I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE IT

Rune Of Oblivion

:a power to promise(with the help from Rune of Memory)and to forget.Bearer can erase thought but doing so have dire conscience..

:if bearer misuse the rune,he will lost all his memory and energy is drain.
need Rune of Memory by its side as Memory is the creator of Oblivion(idea i just gotten..hope u like it nasse?)

LVL 1:
Return Path
Inflict 200 dmg to all enemies and sudden death to one enemy(100%)
Immune to boss.
(gotten after Memory get LVL 1)

LVL 2:
Silent Whisper
Inflict 350 dmg to all enemies/unbalance(50%)enemies,(10%)bearer
(Memory is at LVL 2)

LVL 3
Oblivion Chain
Inflict 500 dmg to all enemies/sudden death (75%)enemies,(10%)bearer
(Memory at LVL 3)

Lvl 4
Empty Memories
Inflict 1500 dmg to all enemies/unbalanced (100%)bearer
(Memory at lvl 4)[/u]
Sasarai_valixz

Post by Sasarai_valixz »

How bout true rune of Memory,
Rune that conquer the power of memories. The bearer could see through people mind (past memory)....
That was just an idea pass my mind.
I bestow you with the power of Unity of The Holy Circle Rune!
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

Shirofan wrote:So that people can post their over the top True Rune spells that they would like to see, meaning that the game would be far too easy if such ideas were implemented?

I'll leave it open for now, considering I got sidetracked earlier and didn't lock it properly, but this is pending review.

I don't really want to see lists of abilities, more how you would plan on integrating such a Rune into the plot; especially the overpowered ones.

I'm starting to see that. I'd hate to, you know, lock this place.

You guys aren't even trying anymore, you're merely posting what you'd like to see rather than theoretical speculation and before you say you're doing that, theories need evidence to back them up. =P
I hope everything is going delicious.
dawn_rune

Post by dawn_rune »

ohh pls don't lock this thread...i really love this thread
nasse

Post by nasse »

hello guys:D

Sasarai_valixz, we both though the same thing for a true rune, LoL :D

and for dawn_rune,
true runes always have opposite side together, they rule one large universe in this world. So it seems the oblivion and the memory shoulda bonded together into one rune, and not separated into two runes (except for special case).

and i agree with your story too, i belief this rune should be bore by someone who lost his past memory. oh, and also for his beloved one who destined to die, we can use it for more story-telling in the middle of da game
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Okay so Nasse and Dawn_rune has asked me to create a villain with a True Rune for their idea. Why? I don't know. I decided I might as well post it here.

This Rune(wich I shall not call anything right now) governs Hope and Despair. The bearer of this rune loses all hope and knows nothing but despair. When the bearer gains more mastery he can control the Hope aspect of the rune and lose the curse.

A story idea for Nasse and Dawn_rune: The bearer of this rune(I shall call him Kuro for the time being) is a (16 year old) depressed looking adolescent boy. The pîcture that I have in my mind is not unlike the picture in my avatar. The bearer (as explained above) has lost all hope. He has born the rune for a long time and has grown bitter. When he meets the Tenkai he becomes jealous. He then starts a personall vendeta gainst him. He finds out the Tenkai bears the Rune of Oblivion/Memory and knows of its curse. He tries to make sure that the Tenkai could never control the Rune of Oblivion. During one of their duels the Tenkai wins and uses the Rune of Oblivion/Memory to show Kuro how it was before he bore the Rune. The memory's(before he acquired the Rune he was very happy) made him feel Hope again and that unlocked the positive aspect of the Rune. SO the curse is broken and to thank the Tenkai Kuro joins him.

Kuro has to be a wanderer and not directly involved in the political conflict between the Tenkai and antagonist.

Kuro's rune can use offensive magic while he's the enemy and curative/supportive magic when he has mastered the rune. However story-wise he would be able to use both aspects powers after mastery.
Rune of Illusion

Post by Rune of Illusion »

The Rune of Corruption representing degradation and rejuvenation. This rune works with evil thoughts in a person's mind. The more corrupt the bearer the more currupt said persons circumstance will be. It will even rot the person body and the person will die. It would then move to a new host spreading corruption until it returns to its rejuvenation state. then it will wait for a new host. thats the best I have right now. I have an idea about a rune of memory. If nasse dosen't mind I'll post, untill then I'll wait.
you can learn more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation.
Shadow

Post by Shadow »

Hi, just registered because I would like to contribute.

An interesting thread with interesting ideas, so I'd like to include my 2 cents as it were. Personally though I'll only talk about the ideas I've seen here that I think most likely to show up in a future Suikoden.

1) the Time Rune

A rune that oversees the establishment and flow of time, past, present and future, etc. As has been said time is a very important aspect of the universe and it makes alot of sense for a rune of this kind to exist. However as has also bee mentioned the other runes touch on time somewhat (the whole agelessness thing) so perhaps the aspect of time is diluted among all the runes instead of just one. Besides this rune might give the wearer the ability to travel through time so if it exists it will most likely be on an NPC (like Laknaat and the Gate Rune) and not the main character.

2) the True Sound Rune

A rune representing sound and silence. I don't know exactly why but I think this one is quite like, perhaps also overseeing Communication. It doesn't hurt that there are a bunch of lesser sound runes hanging around.

3) the Illusion Rune

The rune of truth and deception. A very interesting idea but difficult to impliment. I'm on the fence on this one and will think of it further.

4) the Thought Rune

The rune of concious thought and intelligence. One of my personal favorites to be suggested so far and one that I've actually thought of a plot for, but I will talk about that afterwards. This rune would be the opposite of the Beast Rune which oversees "base" emotions, and the 'conquerer' rune that Windy uses to control people in S1 would have been born from it. An interesting, and terrifying, aspect of this rune would be that in controlling it would allow you to litteraly control the thoughts of others. This rune, again assuming it exists in one form or another, would probably belong to a suikoden hero or main villain.

Plot idea for using the Thought Rune:

There is always the hero gets the Thought Rune and has to keep it safe from the bad guys, but since this theme has been done before I thought (little pun there :P :wink: ) it would be more interesting to turn it around. The main adversary has the Thought Rune and as his mastery over it increases he begins controlling more and more people. First those with weak wills fell to him then those with gradually stronger wills succum. The Hero would receive or already have the Sovereign Rune (this would be after S1 or a long time before it) and its aspect of absolute rule over the self would make the hero immune to the Thought Rune's powers. Possibly this immunity would be extended, slightly to his army as well (like the 108 stars connected to him). The entire game would conclude with a one-on-one duel between the hero and villain because the hero is the only one who can get close without being controlled. It could make for an interesting if paranoid game, since your character (who holds the Sovereign Rune) is the only one you can absolutely trust and he gets to watch his army slowly fall under his enemy's influence.

What do you think? :?