[True Rune] Possibility

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Wraith

[True Rune] Possibility

Post by Wraith »

As you all know all True Runes represent human emotions, morality or other things.
Gate:The power to connect worlds to eachother
Dragon:The power to let Dragons exist in the Suikoverse
Punishment:The Atonement and Forgivement of sins
Soul Eater:governs Life and Death
Circle:Order and Stagnation
Eightfold:Probably Chaos and the power to summon undead
Begining:Governs Begining and Ending of wars and probably of worlds too
Blue Moon:governs Destruction and Compassion, also creates vampires( I think it also represents Immoratilitty)
Beast:Governs Anger and Passion(In other words: Primal emotions)
Elemental Runes:Shouldn't be discussed in detail.
Sovereign:represents the rule of kingdoms I suppose
Change:Governs the change of worlds and races or somthing.
Night:Actually makes undead exist and it also has the ability to destroy them.
Sun Rune: Stands for Heat and Light. To be more specific Heat=Destruction and Light=Rebirth or something like that.

Now my question is Post on this thread what runes could/should be introduced.Sinceall TR represent somthing important it shouldn't be too hard to post some ideas.

Made the topic more specific. -p

NOTE: I think this should get moved to the S5 plot discussion since we'll probably begin talking about S5 if this thread gets revived.
Last edited by Wraith on Wed May 03, 2006 1:15 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Fire Hero

Post by The Fire Hero »

The elemental True Runes all have duality in their essence just as all the rest of the True runes do.

True Fire Rune - Warmth and Security / Wildfire and Devastation
True Water Rune - Life and Prosperity / Flooding and Chaos
True Wind Rune - Relaxation and Freedom / Entrapment and Destruction
True Lightning Rune - Brilliance and Fascination / Fear and Peril

All True Runes have duality to them my friend.
Can't we all just get along?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Rune of Light = non elemenatl rune

Description= from this rune All emotion was born, it is said that whoever bears this rune will have there heart revealed

dual nature= Light can be black and dim, the bearer would have black and dim light in his heart which would eventually kill off any good in his heart

where im going with this rune: essentially this rune magnifies the emotions and the "light" Inside the human soul, so if the bearer is good then he will be cleansed of whatever"black and dim light" is in his soul, however if the bearer is evil he will be purged of any good"light" that was in His soul

attacks are all non elemental

burning light= attacks 1 enemy = 300 damage= may inflict status change
white light= heals all allies of status effects= recovers 500 hp
blinding light= attacks all enemies=500 damage= lowers enemy accuracy
ever lasting light= recover all allies hp and heal abnormal status= all enemies recieve 2000+ damage

so what do you guys think of my light rune? I think it sounds awsome!
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

I'm locking this as it isn't a theory, it is a summary.

If you want other people's ideas then you need to post your own first.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Uh, the thread isn't locked.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

no! please dont lock this

this is A good idea, and people can post there ideas on what true rune they wanna see

please dont shiro fan
Shirofan

Post by Shirofan »

So that people can post their over the top True Rune spells that they would like to see, meaning that the game would be far too easy if such ideas were implemented?

I'll leave it open for now, considering I got sidetracked earlier and didn't lock it properly, but this is pending review.

I don't really want to see lists of abilities, more how you would plan on integrating such a Rune into the plot; especially the overpowered ones.
What is the difference between PAL and NTSC? Why do some games take ages to get a PAL conversion, or get none whatsoever?
Find the answers and more at http://www.palcorner.com or ask at the forums.
KoyuRedd

Post by KoyuRedd »

A True Rune? Let me think...

How about the Rune of Chaos?

Plotwise, it could act like the Soul Eater and Rune of Punishment, meaning it could take the life of the owner and the others surrounding him (not only the ones he cares about). Maybe it could even make the hero act as it wants him to? So in battles it could make the hero attack or defend against his own will.

The spells would match those of the RoP, but have a larger amount of damage on the hero. You know, instead of 300 to enemy, 30 to character, it would be 200 to enemy, 70 to party. The game would be harder to beat that way...

Ah! And the Stars of Destiny wouldn't be able to disable the curse. So the final battle would be longer and more challenging. I don't care about attacks, I just want to see something that big in action.

Graphics wise, it would be something like an all-seeing eye, with the iris that moves randomly from one place to another each time it's used. You know, use it in a story and it would never go around the same place.

Sound good enough?
[evil laugh here]
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Well I gave A detailed description on my rune, including its dual nature

and if you want story then how about this?

2 friends both seek treasure and adventure, they find A map that shows the location of A secret cave, In the deep darkness they see A bright light

it is the rune of light, upon seeing this light they both touch the rune at the same time, this cause the rune to split and the friends become bearers of half runes

during the game your friend changes and becomes evil{because thats the majority in his soul, he has more evil in his soul than good}

you must stop your freind from destroying the world with his new power

leknaut appears before you and tells you that it ispossible to save your friend from the runes power, "you must defeat the black light in his heart and command his half of the light rune to beome 1 with your half"

along the way, you encounter the 108 stars of destiny, includding viki and jeanne

your friend is randomly attacking villages and cities and is creating his own army and followers

so several kingdoms in fear of falling to his power alligns themselves with you because they want to be protected by your half of the rune

eventually it is decided you will be the leader of the "opposing forces" An army that was created for the soul purpose of destroying your freinds forces.

your fortress is A mobile castle, meaning the castle can move like A vehichle and it has weapons{meaning it can be used in certain strategy battles}

the former true rune bearers from suikoden 3 can make An appearence because they heard of the war and came to help with there true runes

I think this is A great idea for A suikoden set after 3

what do you guys think? is this exeptable to you shiro fan? is it enough to keep it open?

I wanna see what people think of this

especially demon eye
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Shirofan:Sorry about not putting a theory first

What about the Rune Of Sound?
Connel could have this one.
The rune would Logicily govern Sound and Silence (or sumthing like that).

Or maybe The Rune Of Thruth wich governs Kindness(for lack of better word) and Deception.The rune would have the power to judge and people near the bearer cannot Lie.

I also think there ought to be a Rune Of Time that governs the flow of time but i can't seem to find a dualty in it.
Viki should have that one in combination of her Blinking rune.

Or The Rune of Thought wich governs Inteligence and creative thought(this one is one i just made up)

Son_Micheal: I like the idea alot but we saw the Rune splitting up thing 2 times already but I still think its a great plot.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Son_Micheal: I like the idea alot but we saw the Rune splitting up thing 2 times already but I still think its a great plot.[/quote]

what did you think about the actual light rune idea?

I tried really hard to think of A good dual nature for it and A good description

I think the attacks arent 2 powerful and I think its really cool if its A non elemental thing

And the story could be anything wraith, I would just love to see A light rune and I would rather it not be split and have all those attacks that I mentioned

but I added that whole plot idea so shiro fan wouldnt close this thread

I mean all in all I think my plot idea for the story is really cool but like you I wouldnt want another rune to split into halves
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I think the Tenkai should get the light rune and his friend another completely different TR unlike in S2. MAybe an already existing one such as the BEast Rune or The SOvereign rune.
But that wouldn't make alot of sense now would it?
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

I have many True Rune ideas in my noggin...first...

Rune of Apocalypse
A Rune that was obviously born under Chaos. It represents Hatred and Destruction, although many people will argue saying that the Blue Moon Rune represents Desctruction. I disagree on this issue. The Rune of Apocalypse holds enormous power, rivalling the Rune of Punishment in terms of strength. The bearer of this rune must always use its power to its full potential whenever and wherever possible, ignoring the consequences. This makes it an oppostite to the RoP in some ways, but its true opposite is the Rune of Eternity (see bellow). When the bearer gains enough control over the rune, he obtains the skill and ability to transform temporarily into a Devil (please don't get angry about this, peoples!). This unique ability is not a curse, but a gift, and can easily be broken.

Rune of Eternity
The Rune of Eternity was born under Order. It represents Friendship and Serenity. The Rune of Eternity's major opposite is, obviously, the Rune of Apocalypse. The Rune of Eternity grants massive restorative powers to the user, but can also deal a fairly good amount of damage. (For a general look at things, this runes powers are far superior to the Bright Shield Rune's, in terms of healing etc) This runes True Power is only unleashed when the bearer has utter control over it. The bearer can then trnasform himslef or herself into an Angel.

Rune of Time
A Rune born under Order, it keeps time stable throughout the universe. It has devestating powers, however in order to use it, there must be a bearer. The Rune of Time has high standards (LoL) and will only choose those who truly deserve its power. Some of the powers of this rune could be like those in the FF series. Slow, Stop and Haste, although abilities much better than that. With this rune, Konami would have to invent a few more status effects...

More from me, soon!
Last edited by True Wind Bearer on Tue Sep 13, 2005 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The Rune Of TIme is the only rune that i think is really going to be released by Konami.Time is a large aspect in suikoden( not to mention the REAL world) and thus there ought to be a True Rune governing that.

In my case its powers would be not to influence time but to travel through time.I would say in the suikoden case time travel to the past would not change the future since the bearer would've already been in the past while he was in the present.
Lol
BTW true Wind bearer, I think Hatred is under the Beast Rune.
but ofcourse thats my opinion.

Als o about the Rune Of Light I have my own opinions:
The rune you described seems to be governing morality(the evil light, good light thing).But morality is subjective, in other words what's "evil" for one man could be "good" for the other.Example:Letting an innocent child die so that 100ths of childs may live may be evil to one man and good to the other.
Also the rune should be dim at first and when more and more stars(get it, stars make light) join you the more bright it gets until you get all 108(and probably some other prequestie)and you get the 4th level spell+ your 1,2 and 3th lv spells are stronger.And maybe a stat increase.
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

If I know my True Runes enough, I think that there is no official meaning behing the Beast Rune as of yet, so we don't know exactly what it represents, although it representing Hatred is a pretty good guess.