[True Rune] Possibility

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Wolfblade wrote:The Ressurection Rune is holy magic so it can't be from the SoulEater.
Their reasoning is that the Ressurection Rune is a product of the "life" aspect of the Soul Eater(wich is called the Rune of Life and Death). But I don't really agree on it per se.
Zulias

Potentiality

Post by Zulias »

I've been mulling over this topic with my friends while we were camping last weekend, and I figured something.

I think a true music rune is in the planning.

Currently, we have a sound-rune (Suikoden 1), a Jongleur (sp) rune from Suikoden 3, the DoReMi Rune from Suikoden 5, which all have to come from a splinter of one of the true-runes. It even has a natural split for the split-rune feel that suikoden goes for so often, as the melody and harmony runes would naturally work similiarly, but against each other.

As for other ideas:
A nature rune of some ilk would be good. The beast rune rules the animal world to be sure, but that leaves the vegetation without one, and something has to be creating these creepers and ivy-vines.

IF the 8 fold rune is a full true rune, I'd be surprised, there was an earlier thread about it being a loose translation of the Yin rune, making a Yang rune of some sort out there too. Either the 8 fold is a true rune with an opposite true rune, or it's already a half a true-rune.
Or, it could be something else entirely. Yuber being awesome without a true rune is still a possibility.

Also, the Flow Rune on the ships brought another thought to our heads. A rune of transportation, which would include the blinking rune in it. Now, this might be an offshoot of the Sindar Rune, which kept the Sindar from staying in one place, but with two runes now (and possibly the godspeed one as well) coming from the same venue, it points to it's existance.

Okay, done, discuss at your leisure.
Rezard

Post by Rezard »

Rune of illusions - a rune that governs both truth and lies, it gives the bearer the power to create illusions and to see though then.

I find this a good idea, since there arent any runes out there that deal with illusions, aside Jean´s Charm rune, which would be born from this rune.

This rune would have a terrible curse, as long as the user don´t accept a chocking true that would cause him lots of suffering, he would be frequently illuded by the runes powers, fighting non-existing enemies and having imaginary friends. He would be schizophenic.

Once he defeated the curse of the rune, the bearer would be able to see trough all lies and illusions and this would not be entirely good either...
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

I think that would work very well if the character was an honest and true character before he got the True Rune, but became deceitful and untrustworthy following getting the True Rune.
However I think that the Rune of Illusion should be more powerful than simple lies, it should also include magical illusions and mental illusions. Ones which are able to control the enemies and friends alike e.g. make friends turn beserk and make enemies attack each other.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Zulias

Illusions/truths

Post by Zulias »

The problem with a rune like this, is it takes away from the surprises in the game. Many of the Suikoden series have betrayal themes within them. If a character couldn't lie, the betrayals wouldn't work. Beyond this, the ability of some races to hide/shift seems to be important to the series.

Now, semantics: The Charm Rune seems to work on a phermone level, as it causes members of the opposite gender to protect it's wearer. Also, a Phero-Rune recently emerged in Suikoden 5. This leads me to believe that the rune itself is part of a love/lust rune, not an illusion rune. The ability of certain peoples to change their appearances seems to be an innate magic, not a runic one.

This does lead us, however, to believe that there is a rune out there for love/lust. Especially since runes are supposed to symbolize human emotion/reaction according to this thread's beginnings. But I still think Suikoden is currently moving in on the music one a little more directly.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Phero Rune has been with the series since Day 1, actually.

Also, as far as I know, Jeane' Charm Rune doesn't discriminate between genders. Just about anyone would protect her, if you're unlucky.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Rezard wrote:Rune of illusions - a rune that governs both truth and lies, it gives the bearer the power to create illusions and to see though then.

I find this a good idea, since there arent any runes out there that deal with illusions, aside Jean´s Charm rune, which would be born from this rune.

This rune would have a terrible curse, as long as the user don´t accept a chocking true that would cause him lots of suffering, he would be frequently illuded by the runes powers, fighting non-existing enemies and having imaginary friends. He would be schizophenic.

Once he defeated the curse of the rune, the bearer would be able to see trough all lies and illusions and this would not be entirely good either...
This rune should also have something to do with deception, along with truth and lies. Well, that's kind of obvious, but I thought I'd just point it out, since it's a lame idea of my own to have some True Rune governing deception.
nasse

Post by nasse »

Wow, everybody getting so intense in this topic I see :D
Lets go with my idea everybody!

From my experience playing Suikoden series from 1 to 5, Konami seems to make many secrets which have never unfolded *yet* from certain characters such as Jeane, Viki, Zerase, and many more. Indeed those characters are the best to be speculated by fans, the problem is the characters themselves tend to keep their stories so minimum from us (or maybe it's just Konami's intention to tease the fans.. who knows?)

What happened in the game is just like this

*when we asked Jeane about her story:
Jeane: "Tee hee :D"
~the charm rune worked and we completely lost our mind..!~

*when we asked Viki about her story:
Viki: "Story? What story... A..ATCHOOOO!!"
~Viki sneezed and we were teleported back in the future in the middle of world war II!~

I though before and wondering if Konami can tell us all of their stories and the connectivity with past 108 stars of destiny at once before this series end. We always speculate and haven’t seen any truth yet except if Konami unfold the story little-by little.

So how about if there's a force so powerful governing a universe in Suikoden world which hold the story of every living being?

True Rune of Memory
True rune governing memory and oblivion

*Duality: for all of those which are memorized and forgotten

MEMORY
If you have some time to think, we can see the fact that everything in the world can be known because it is memorized either by people's experience or told directly by book, like the knowledge exists because there are books and teachers who have memory of respective knowledge. History will be always known by the world if there's a single memory left behind. However, if it's not protected those memories can be extinct when everybody forgets about it, and thus leads to oblivion or complete forgetfulness.
(say… it’s not physical existence, but spiritual existence centered in complexity of living being’s relationship)

OBLIVION
The past knowledge of ancient time often never said to be in existence before it’s discovered by human. So many things that disappeared from the past, either stay within a ruin (like Sindar Ruins hmm?) or buried deep in the earth being kept as a treasure until somebody got it. Complete oblivion leads to a discovery and thus being kept in our memory again.

This duality tends to be a cycle of universe in Suikoden world, in fact this True rune may take a role in the existence of human being. e.g. A foreigner won’t be known by somebody because he is never being kept in somebody’s memory, the foreigner exist in some people’s memory but not the others. It’s also said when humans die, they leave their name behind, in which people related with them will remember their name as a memories… which are attached to their souls..

As the memory itself, if Suikoden world really works with concept of reincarnation, the 108 stars of destiny hold their memories within their soul, allowing this rune to see even the deepest memory behind oblivion, generation by generation.

WHY HARMONIA SUBJUGATION FORCE WANT IT ??
Being the True Rune of Memory, it also can see some from other true rune’s memories, however, how deep the memory unfolded is depend on its master’s mastery over this rune. That’s why Harmonia wishes to hold this rune so they can know a clue where is the other true rune supposed to be.
(just like dragonball’s radar gives location of the ball, so this can make an interesting plot right?)

PLOT of Suikoden (time for story telling!)

~ Hey I just finished suiko V recently so i took some of the good story from it :P

It’s started with a fine kingdom, once ruled by a wise king who has a son. Being the son of a king made him a prince and the rightful heir of this kingdom. Everything was perfect until one day, the great king’s brother, the prince’s uncle, suddenly changed his personality and went to a rebel. Because nobody expected a rebellion from a king’s brother, the kingdom was easily overthrowed, killing almost every royal members except the prince and one of his lucky distant relative who was an ambassador in neighbor nations. fortunately the prince was saved by one of his trustful servant and by many life of kind soldiers who trade their lives for prince’s sake..

The prince shocked by the accident, and because he was a boy with fragile mind back there, he fell into a coma, luckily he was treated by his loyal servant. They hardly escaped from an assassin group ordered by the new evil king. The servant protected prince from assassination and lost his left arm in the process, they eventually came into a small border village and the days just go on.

Years passed. The prince has awaken, however he didn’t know who he is, he got a complete amnesia about his past, the servant decided not to tell the prince about the truth and acted as a father for him. The servant also give a new name for the prince (the name you entered before playing the game of course, ..and don’t give him Jacky Chan for his name, amnesia is not only in “Who am I” movie ok).

Loyal prince turned into a fine young villager until one day in the present time…

~a point of intro movies~

Assassination attempt happen again, this time the evil king decided to obliterate all village area at once and also as an attempt to widen it’s kingdom territory. Obviously the assassins which now are the kingdom’s national armies are directly ordered to kill the prince. Violence and fury, words only cant describe the cruelness of evil king.

Prince and servant are now in great danger, they retreat to nearby ruin which is always sealed before. In the ruin (soon SoD will know it as a sindar ruin), the servant decided to protect the entrance, and tell the prince to run away alone deep into the exit of the ruin.

Seems like endless path in front of prince, run, and running again, the prince just doesn’t know why this can happen, he cries while still running.

And suddenly a voice shouted in prince’s ears:
..My voice will help those without memories; I shall shine my knowledge for those who wish to see another side of eternal oblivion..

You got True Rune of Memory!! :D
(I think it’s better for the rune to have a distinguishable personality, which only the prince, and another true rune user like lady Leknaat, know it)

From here the story develops, maybe the rune shall tell the prince about his true memory, and the servant shall tell him also. Fortunately the servant has the proof of absolute truth that the prince is the heir of kingdom.

With the rune’s power they’re able to counter the assassin and they journeyed to find the prince’s distant relative…

When recruiting SoD, the prince also can have option to see some of their memories, and even leknaat’s memory. The rune begins it’s collection of memory puzzle.

In the middle of story Holy Kingdom of Harmonia will joined its force with evil king, desperately try to get a hand of the True rune.

The Genso Suikoden begins.

Rune Spells:
Lv1: Saddening Days
250 dmg hit to one enemy, makes prince in fury status
~automatically acquired, reflecting the sad memory of past

Lv2: The Shattered Memories
8 x 60+dmg random hits to all enemies
~after recruiting 36 Stars of Destiny, representing their piece of memories being tied together

Lv3: Gate of Oblivion
500+dmg to one enemy, high probability of bad status to all enemies
~after recruiting 72 Stars of Destiny, and after turning point when the prince’s army lost

Lv4: Forever Existence
1250+ non-elemental damage to one enemy and resurrect dead allie(s)
~after recuiting 108 Stars of Destiny, and after blessed by Lady Leknaat :P

Note: sorry if my English grammar is completely rubbish :P
Give me your though people.
Ushiku

Post by Ushiku »

That sounds like a cool idea for a True Rune, I would love a game like that, and memories could be manipulated by those who are evil to create lies, whilst in the hands of good people the rune would be pure and truthful in its memories.
And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Is it confirmed that The beast Rune (GS 5) is the lower tier of the True Beast Rune?
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Yes.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

nice job nasse! :D

I dont think konami would use a rune of memory but you thought everything out very well and you created a preety good story too, amnesia would work great with a memory rune but maybe instead of a prince it could be a young ruler who's father was already dead before his evil uncle decided to take over.

good stuff :)
nasse

Post by nasse »

son_michael wrote:nice job nasse! :D

I dont think konami would use a rune of memory but you thought everything out very well and you created a preety good story too, amnesia would work great with a memory rune but maybe instead of a prince it could be a young ruler who's father was already dead before his evil uncle decided to take over.

good stuff :)
Thank you son_michael, and about story above, i was only wondering about it (the idea popped just like that!)

maybe sometime when i'm able to make a decent game program i'll try to use this story as a fan-game :D
anokosa

Post by anokosa »

Wraith, whats this about the beast and true beast runes?? im confused. sorry for goin off topic people. (to admins/ board mods) can any of our ideas be given to konami?
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

You can make any suggestions to Konami at your own discretion, but more than likely they won't implement them due to all kinds of liability claims they may face if you try to sue them for using your suggestions. So, take that knowledge and do with it what you will.

As for the Beast Rune, it is a lower tier form of the True Beast Rune which we encountered in Suikoden 2. It is found lodged onto a character named Ernst and forces him to take on the form of a cheetah..its effects are also lessened by a full moon which is rather odd because the moon should strengthen those effects, but recall that the Rabid Fang Runes effect were lessened by the moon as well with Bob's lycanthrope transformation..soooo, seems like Suikoden wanted to twist that theme. Anyway, we definitely see that the True Beast Rune has a wide range of effects on human and demi-human species...hinting that Lycanthropes are humans seemingly cursed by the True Beast Rune..possibly that is.