[True Rune] Possibility

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: Re:

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Thiamor wrote: Well in Suikoden I, when getting the Star Dragon Sword, they were thrown back in time. I doubt the rune it truly is, is capable of such a thing. But maybe there is such a Time Rune, but they never planned on releasing it yet.

I Suikoden I, i doubt the SD Sword had the power to send ppl through time as so much, it tapped into the power already present in the cave, that my understanding of it, as after all the place was called the "Cave of the Past".
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
DoReMi_Vampire

Re: [True Rune] Possibility

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

That actually seems to make sense. At first I always thought they were transported into the rune's memories, but then I realized they shouldn't be able to bring back any of the items they pick up if that was the case.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

So do you think that the Cave of the Past actually holds any kind of time travelling powers itself or where they only able to travel back thanks to the Zodiac sword? Why did the sword throw them into the past anyway? And what was the point of going back in time to the village of the hidden rune? Was it just a cheap way to show you how Ted got his rune?

...And why, if you dont need the Zodiac swords power wouldnt some bad dude slaughter the monks, go back in time and rule the Suikoworld via manipulating events of the past? Sorry I do realize that ive left about five questions in one here. :roll:
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

DoReMi_Vampire wrote:That actually seems to make sense. At first I always thought they were transported into the rune's memories, but then I realized they shouldn't be able to bring back any of the items they pick up if that was the case.

you are implying that the rune of the night was present during that flashback. who are you suggesting bore it? bringing back items can pretty much be ignored as it is a video game and everything you do is not to be interpreted quite so literally in the games actually storyline. if i spend 50 hours of a game save walking into a wall it doesn't mean tir was an idiot who walked into walls all day long does it? certain things are just their for gameplay and aren't actually what happened.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

gilgamesh31 wrote:So do you think that the Cave of the Past actually holds any kind of time travelling powers itself or where they only able to travel back thanks to the Zodiac sword? Why did the sword throw them into the past anyway? And what was the point of going back in time to the village of the hidden rune? Was it just a cheap way to show you how Ted got his rune?

...And why, if you dont need the Zodiac swords power wouldnt some bad dude slaughter the monks, go back in time and rule the Suikoworld via manipulating events of the past? Sorry I do realize that ive left about five questions in one here. :roll:
Answering your questions in order:
1. I suppose it has some time powers, the name kind of implies that "cave of the past"

2. The sword sent them back in time, probably, just because the game needed a way to show you ted's past, give more reasons to hate and make windy, yuber, and neclord more evil. mostly it was just story arc tie-ins, and the sword was merely a plot device to that end. (When Konami 1st made the Zodiac sword in S1, I doubt they knew how far they'd develop it in later installments).

3. same answer as 2 really

4. For the most part

5. The past seemed to be to some extent immutable in the suikoverse. Tir and Co, were their to observe events more than anything. Remember nothing changed because of their appearance, The village was still toasted, ted's Grandpa still died, and the biggest hint of unchangeable past events in ted couldn't come with them back the present.

So even if some bad guy could go back in time, I am not sure if "Destiny" "fate" or " the will of the 27 Runes" would let past be changed. Even if the bad guy could change things, i am sure some rune somewhere, and some hero somewhere would show up and set things right.

tangent over, lets stay on topic.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

suiko2fan2 wrote: The past seemed to be to some extent immutable in the suikoverse. Tir and Co, were their to observe events more than anything. Remember nothing changed because of their appearance, The village was still toasted, ted's Grandpa still died, and the biggest hint of unchangeable past events in ted couldn't come with them back the present.
Good point, how indeed would they get back to the future. O.k to stay on topic: If they made a True Rune of Time that would be cool though im unsure how well it would work in a conventianal suikoden game but it could work. Maybe not as the main characters rune but a side character or an enemy.

I would guess that there would maybe be a rune to counter Yubers Eightfold Rune maybe Pesmerga has it? allthough my theory on him is that Pesmerga once owned the Eightfold Rune and now chases down Yuber who stole it from him. And they both dont age even without the rune because they are 'Demons' from the world of emptiness.

Perhaps the Jongleur rune is a child of a true rune that governs the arts: Music, Art, Dance, Theatre, Poetry...
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Zykerion

Post by Zykerion »

gilgamesh31 wrote:
suiko2fan2 wrote: The past seemed to be to some extent immutable in the suikoverse. Tir and Co, were their to observe events more than anything. Remember nothing changed because of their appearance, The village was still toasted, ted's Grandpa still died, and the biggest hint of unchangeable past events in ted couldn't come with them back the present.
Good point, how indeed would they get back to the future. O.k to stay on topic: If they made a True Rune of Time that would be cool though im unsure how well it would work in a conventianal suikoden game but it could work. Maybe not as the main characters rune but a side character or an enemy.

I would guess that there would maybe be a rune to counter Yubers Eightfold Rune maybe Pesmerga has it? allthough my theory on him is that Pesmerga once owned the Eightfold Rune and now chases down Yuber who stole it from him. And they both dont age even without the rune because they are 'Demons' from the world of emptiness.

Perhaps the Jongleur rune is a child of a true rune that governs the arts: Music, Art, Dance, Theatre, Poetry...
Oh goodness, as soon as I read that last line, I envisioned some sort of character like Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo in a tutu dancing around a stage fighting baddies while delivering monologues. XD
novwgenzochi

Post by novwgenzochi »

well anyway next true rune (in my opinion)
1. rune of chaos. there is high possibility of this become next true rune. chaos is unique, and represents something powerful.
2. rune of war. rune that represents confilcts between humans.
3. breaker rune. rune that has the power to break anything. represents all true rune as the most powerful source of energy in suiko world.
4. root rune. well, kinda sounds silly lol. i don't know what word could represents generation. as the circle rune keeps the time flows, there must be method to maintain the life of creatures. that is by having next generation.
5. rune of arsenal. it has power to produce many child rune (titan, viper, falcon, boar, elemental swords etc.,) if combined with other true rune.
6. rune of chronos. the time, holds by Viki, somewhat linked with jeane. this rune should able to explain all about the couple of recurring character.
7. messenger rune. the bringer of devastation, yet the connector between other true runes. should be hold by antagonist. that would be cool^^
8. rune of destiny. the power of destiny that represented by 108 characters throughout suiko series, there is little possibilities this rune won't appear.
9. rune of...well, i cant guess of it yet:-P
Flufflez

Post by Flufflez »

novwgenzochi wrote: 7. messenger rune. the bringer of devastation, yet the connector between other true runes. should be hold by antagonist. that would be cool^^

i like the idea of a true rune held by a main antagonist that the hero either doesn't obtain until the end of the game or like halfway through the game. this goes kind of against the grain of the standard suikoden format but would be really cool imo. hero would spend half or whole game fighting against the rune, and eventual receive the rune. if it's about halfway through the game it could get really interested as far as what would happen next.
Son_of_Genkaku

Re: [True Rune] Possibililty

Post by Son_of_Genkaku »

Here are a couple of mine:

Rune of Seasons- A rune governing the passage of seasons and the laws of nature. Possibility for a wide range of elemental/nature based spells. Could also decide which nations/reigions are allowed to blossom and which are destined to wither.

Rune of Causality (a.k.a. Rune of Cause and Effect)- A true rune that wills events to occur our of the actions of the rune bearer. A single action could start a domino effect that holds drastic consequences. This would fit perfectly with Suikoden's revolution theme as it shows how a single act of defiance can lead to a full blown war. However, the rune would be extremely risky to wield, as every action its bearer took would have a drastic ripple effect.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Flufflez wrote:
novwgenzochi wrote:
i like the idea of a true rune held by a main antagonist that the hero either doesn't obtain until the end of the game or like halfway through the game. this goes kind of against the grain of the standard suikoden format but would be really cool imo. hero would spend half or whole game fighting against the rune, and eventual receive the rune. if it's about halfway through the game it could get really interested as far as what would happen next.
Getting a True Rune 1/2 way through the game, fighting a villain with a true rune...I believe thats called suikoden III. not to mention you lose the rune for whole chapter again at the end of the game anyhow until the final battle

Best Suiko FanFic:
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Re: [True Rune] Possibililty

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Son_of_Genkaku wrote:Here are a couple of mine:

Rune of Seasons- A rune governing the passage of seasons and the laws of nature. Possibility for a wide range of elemental/nature based spells. Could also decide which nations/reigions are allowed to blossom and which are destined to wither.

Rune of Causality (a.k.a. Rune of Cause and Effect)- A true rune that wills events to occur our of the actions of the rune bearer. A single action could start a domino effect that holds drastic consequences. This would fit perfectly with Suikoden's revolution theme as it shows how a single act of defiance can lead to a full blown war. However, the rune would be extremely risky to wield, as every action its bearer took would have a drastic ripple effect.
More for just a LOL, But You could also call your Causality rune the "Archduke Ferdinand Rune" that is what i thought of when i read it's description hahah!

Best Suiko FanFic: