One Stop Suikoden V Predictions Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

It is a technique that she developed but I believe it involves some Sindaran principles. Pretty much anything based on True Runes so far mentioned in this game and the process of containing them or using them has been somehow related to the Sindar down to the casting of the spells.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Re: One Stop Suikoden V Predictions Thread

Post by Oppenheimer »

demon eye wrote:So, the date in which I believe that Suikoden 5 will begin is somewhere in between IS 525 and IS 600. I believe this is a good general starting time for appropriate events to build up.
Not bad, but it's 449, so he's a bit late.
I believe Suikoden 5 will feature the Nameless Lands and Falena. Why? The creators seem to be moving back towards the more traditional Suikoden feel. It would be too early to involve Harmonia because there are at least 9 more True Runes to bring to into the series. We need to introduce more countries and regions first to further develop the story. As a trend we have been moving more to the South-West regions of the Suikoden World based on the last 3 Suikoden games, so therefore I predict the Nameless Lands and The Queendom of Falena.
No nameless but Falena alright.
I predict the events of this story will be a more traditional type of tale. We've been introduced to naval warfare, now we will probably go back to the traditional infantry battles of old, but navy battles will also make some appearances, as well. Falena is a place with a long history and the Nameless Lands seem to be harsh and arid. Maybe a more Egyptian like setting in the Nameless Land?? We will see chariots and a more Spartan or Greek atmosphere in the Queendom.
No chariots but there was a lot more land based battles then Suikoden IV. What they ended up doing was a combination though. Most levels have a lake or river of some sort. There is an egyptian feel in that the rivers are of central importance (like the Nile).
I predict 3 more True Runes will be introduced (each game has had at least 3 True Rune bearers present so it is highly likely there will be at least 3 True Rune bearers in this one). I predict we will see more Sindarian Ruins..maybe even a Sindarian will be revealed for the first time. The Clan of the Crimson Bird will be introduced. We will learn of the "Iron Cradle". Jeane, Viki, and a Silverberg will be present in this game..that is a no brainer.
We did see Sindarian runes for sure. It's possible that Eresh is a Sindarian. The crimson bird clan was referenced and Killey returned, but it's still very subtle. No silverberg but Jeane and Viki of course. Three unique runes, but only one is a true rune.
The Hero will be a slave or the son of a person whose nation was conquered by Falena and then was sold into slavery. Maybe even the son of a prominent general who sacrificed himself for the Queendom and leaves his son to be raised by another noble family perhaps. We have seen this trend of all the prominent heroes and heroines having a famous father or mother, so I think this trend will continue.
Incorrect. Gladiators were in the game but the hero was certainly not one of them. Konami went to the other side of the scale and choose royalty (and he knows he is, unlike Suikoden IV). Still, Ferid foreign and a prominent general so it's kind of correct.

Very interesting to see what actually happened. Demon Eye did do a very accurate job! I'm impressed.
RageRune wrote:Setting: Since the crappy Suiko4 raised some questions, then I guess Konami might as well answer them before they go back to the timeframe around Suiko3. I think the setting of Suiko5 would be either in Falena or Kooluk since those countries are closer to the Island Nation Federation. Possibly 5-100 years after Suiko4

Plot:Falena to see how the queen of that country was assasinaed,how Georg was involved and is there are any Sindarians there.
As for Kooluk, we could see if the Kooluk government fell and the Southlands were created. Maybe the people of Kooluk were tired of the the government and wanted to live independently. At least that's how I see it.

Characters: I think returning characters could be either Cray and/or Elenor (if they alive still) in Kooluk since Cray and Elenor have something with them. Of course Jeane and Viki might as well return since thier staples of the series now. Ted coming back in Suiko 5 could be overkill on his character, especially on the Soul Eater since it's been in 2 games (3 if you count Tir's cameo in SUiko2). Anyone else like the pirates or the ninja's from Suiko4 are welcome as well.Though they have to have more development in this game like Suiko2 and 3. Windy and Leknaat coming back is also a possiblity.

Hero/True Rune: I want a talking protagonist this time (if rumors state Suiko 5 to have VAs), and he has to be developed too.He could be a poor person lving in oppression in either Falena or Kooluk and he decides to stand up to the government for his people.
Since the True Runes in the past handled Darkness (Soul Eater, Rune of Punishment) then there should be a Light-based rune. It could be called the True Celestial Rune or something like that and it can have heavenly powers or something. That would be interesting.
Well, he got Felena, George, the queen's assassination, and the rune correct, which is impressive, especially the rune aspect. Returning characters not so much though (outside of the obvious Leknaat). Time range is incorrect as well, looks like both RageRune and Demon Eye guesses bracketed the real timeframe.
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Re: One Stop Suikoden V Predictions Thread

Post by KFCrispy »

yep, these were very good predictions! we also got a combination of naval and land battles that demon eye described..