One Stop Suikoden V Predictions Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I know some of you don't really mind but I really REALLY REALLY REALLLY!!!! Don't want it to be between S4 and S1.It HAS to be after S3 cause this game aint going to be forever so they might as well go on with the large, unexplained secrets such as Jeane, Windy, Viki, Mike, Yuber, Pesmerge, Hikusaak, 10 true runes,etc...
so its alot better to do it AFTER S3.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

All those characters could also be in a game between four and one, minus Mike and possibly Pesmerga (it's not known if Pesmerga is ageless like Yuber is).

So, that's not much support to place the game after Suikoden Three.
Last edited by Jowy Atreides on Mon Sep 05, 2005 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Post by Angelis_Taleria »

I think most of you are caught up in the idea of having returning characters rather than progressing story lines. Most of you want to see Ted, windy, Yuber, etc... come back. Most of your ideas are rehashed from what has already happened in the Suikoden World. There is no need for Ted, Odessa, Teo, etc to return. They've served their purpose.

While there is a possibility for TRBs(True Rune Bearers) to return, I don't believe we'll see any returning Tenkai's for a while. It is time for us to progress beyond that, especially beyond this Suikoden 2 mindset. As great as the game was I would hate to see another like it. As a matter of fact, I would hate it as much as I hate hearing everyones complaints about how S3 and S4 were not like it.

Now that I've ranted, I'll move along to what I would like to see in Suikoden 5

First off, no returning True Runes for Tenkai Stars. Each Suikoden has introduced us to a new True Rune and I expect the same to be done with Suikoden 5. Preferably a rune we have no knowledge what so ever about.

Another thing I would like to see is a new area of the Suikoden world explored. Each game took place in a different area and this one shouldn't be an exception. Personally, I'm interested in the Queendom of Falena. It seems like a rather interesting place to explore.

The time frame I'm hoping for is one AFTER Suikoden 3. While it was enjoyable to go to the past and see what happened in the Island Nations, I would like to pick up sometime after we left off with Suikoden 3.

When it comes to returning characters, I'm fairly certain Jeane and Viki will appear. It won't affect me one way or another if they reveal Jeane's secret or not. I've come to terms with the fact that Jeane is simply a minor character with a secret. Although not exactly my favorite characters it would be nice to have one of the St.Loa Knights return since they were so young in the first game. Maybe one of them will take Futch's spot as the returning kid who grows up over time. I'm also certain that Leeknat will return since she has a knack of showing up when a True Rune chooses a suitable host. I am not certain whether I care for the return of Yuber and Pesmerga at the moment, since I doubt that Suikoden 5 will be the final Suikoden. I noticed that a lot of people did not like the fact that Pesmerga was absent in suikoden III, but if history has taught us anything Pesmerga is not exactly the best tracker. I'm fairly certain Yuber's new appearance would throw Pesmerga off if he saw him anyway. Plus, it's more realistic... his absence adds to the fact that he sucks at hunting Yuber down.

I'd also like to gain a bit more information about the Sindar if that is possible in Suikoden 5. If not, that is okay as well. Mainly what I'm concerned about is a new cache of characters, a new True Rune, and a new story because that is what makes Suikoden so enthralling.
I hope everything is going delicious.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

I think most of you are caught up in the idea of having returning characters rather than progressing story lines. Most of you want to see Ted, windy, Yuber, etc... come back. Most of your ideas are rehashed from what has already happened in the Suikoden World. There is no need for Ted, Odessa, Teo, etc to return. They've served their purpose.
Its not that we want to many returning characters, its that we want more explenation about some of the secrets.Wouldn't it be stupid to create a very mysterious character like Pesmerga and end up not telling its secret.One of the things that I didn't like in S4(I kinda like the game if you don't look at it as a sequel/prequel) is that there where almost no returning characters (3 for gods sake...mmm sake..).

I understand that Odessa,Ted and Teo served their purpose but Yuber, Pesmerge,Viki,Mike,Jeane,Leknaat,Windy,Sasarai,Sierra,Edge/Flik(occupie the same star so its either Edge or Flik),Viktor have not.They don't nececarilly(sp) have to be SoD's but they still have some unfinished buisness.They could make another type of Suikogaiden to explain some of these story's such as the one of Viktor and Flik.

An another note, I would like that they do Queendom of Falena next.Strangely enough I would not mind if they do this as a Prequel of 1,2 or 3.Then we could witness the assasination of the queen.But if they do it like that we would already know she would be assasinated and that sucks(its like SW episode 3, Almost everybody knows what events will happen).The Badlands arn't a good idea since its completely destroyed(or wasn't it?please correct me if I was wrong).Its a safe bet that Queendom of Falena will be next.You'll probably see the next Queen and maybe the Tenkai could be a female(Females run the Queendom of Falena)altough(not to sound sexist) I would prefer a Male.
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

If I'm correct, some of the above have fufilled their role

Sierra's goal was to regain her rune, which she did, quite eloquently, in Suikoden 2.

Sasarai being a TRB will most likely be back in a future game or two.

As I stated above, unless Suikoden 5 is the final Suikoden there is no rush to have the whole Pesmerga/Yuber thing come to a head.

As much as everyone loves Flik and Viktor their stories are pretty much finished, with the exception of bumming around the Suikoden world. They're regular characters, not true rune bearers, and they're getting old and will eventually die. They have no significant ties to the story. They're merely war heros.

Windy's story is pretty much meh... The only significance for her character is the fact that she has half of a True Rune and Barbarosa has the Sovereign rune, but unlike Windy he will die if he is not already dead. If she is still alive and decides to re-appear I doubt it will be to seek revenge against Tir and Leeknat. I believe she's learned her lesson after what happened in Suikoden I.

Mike's character is rather suspicious, so I can understand why you would want to find out more about him, Jeane and Viki - even though we know Viki's secret... part of it anyway -

Of all of the characters you listed Edge is the most useless one. He is not important what so ever, but the sword that he carries is. That's who should return since the Zodiac Sword is an incarnation of the Night Rune.

I just don't believe that we need to have most of the characters you named brought back in future games. There are a few exceptions, but for the most part the important ones will be back while the less than significant ones will shrivel up and die. As harsh as that sounds thats just how it is.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I understand that Odessa,Ted and Teo served their purpose but Yuber, Pesmerge,Viki,Mike,Jeane,Leknaat,Windy,Sasarai,Sierra,Edge/Flik(occupie the same star so its either Edge or Flik),Viktor have not.They don't nececarilly(sp) have to be SoD's but they still have some unfinished buisness.They could make another type of Suikogaiden to explain some of these story's such as the one of Viktor and Flik.
You had me going with you until you said Viktor and Flik had not served their purposes and had unfinished business. I'm confused as to what they have left to do. They would be well past their primes in any game after Suikoden 3. Viktor destroyed Neclord..his ultimate goal. Flik lost his purpose after Suikoden 1 in my point of view. So, I was hard pressed to see why he was necessary in Suikode 2 at all. There's nothing left for those two to do and the fact that Edge has the Zodiac Sword basically says they are pretty much done as the series is concerned.

Also, I doubt Mike's past will be fleshed out, it's not necessary. As another post said, many of the rest of the characters' stories have been explained and do not need more told about them.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

The reason why I listed Flik and Viktor is because they where doing somthing that seemed important.I didn't mean to have them back as SoD's I just want them to show up in the next suikoden so that we can see what they where doing all along.

Also I think almost all TRB will show up sooner or later in upcoming Suikodens so thats why I listed Sierra and Windy's death hasn't been confirmed yet(correct me if I'm wrong).Barbarosa is probably dead but he might have had a son with Windy IF they survived.He could have the Sovereign rune.Would make a plot though...

Returning characters is one of the many things thats great about Suikoden.Offcourse you can't keep getting back old SoD's like Viktor or Flik.But alot of the characters should and probably will return in the next suikodens.

Also I don't think Sasarai will be an SoD until they do the events of the game in Harmonia cause Sasarai is a Tengou star and Tengou stars mostly govern the nation that the Tenkai creates.Eventough he didn't do that in S3. But that was because S3 was more about the True Runes and Luc than about a war(they didn't become a single nation)and they needed True Rune bearers.

There's nothing left for those two to do and the fact that Edge has the Zodiac Sword basically says they are pretty much done as the series is concerned.
Also Edge kinda sucks but he only borrowed the Zodiac Sword so eventually he has to give it back to Viktor, and thats why I think Viktor will make an appearance in the next Suikoden
[/quote]
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

Oh yeah, they were doing something important. THey're professional vagabonds. I thought everyone knew that =P

I agree with you that all of the TRBs will eventually return. I am simply wondering if they will all be SODs, and if so, who will be their leader... It'd be completely ironic if it were Hikusaak. Infact, the thought makes me chuckle a bit <_<

I do disagree with you about Sasarai not being an SoD again until the events take place in Harmonia. Who knows what crazy events will lure him away from Harmonia and get him inolved i n some sort of war. S2 and S3 have taught us that is quite likely, although he only joined the FB because there was a threat against Harmonia as well, not to mention Hikusaak losing something he invested in. I love Sasarai, he's like the completely obedient son that never falters.

But back to the matter at hand, I would really like to see the army vs army battles be somewhat like they were in SIII. I really enjoyed those, even though they did prove to be a challenge, and for the duels to be as they were in S4.
Eao

Post by Eao »

between suikosource and suikox, I can't wait to see how many predictions come true. that will be an awsome day.

I thik the "quints" shold be like, weird things....like a lizard-monkey cross, a new race also. or faries, somone said it alredy, but faries would do i guess.
the best thing about the internet is that they can't see you pick your nose
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Those things at the Suikoden 5 site look like new animals. They seem to resemble the Gul-horses of Toran.
The_Face_of_Death

Post by The_Face_of_Death »

Perhaps the main character could somehow obtain 3 True Runes (Head, right and left arm), new or from past TRBs. The new villians could all bear true runes, or just the leader. Also, there is a possibility that some of the villians or heros could be from the past. I don't believe any character from Suiko 4 will be brought back, besides Viki & Jeane. I think Windy's re-appearance could be interesting, as well as the feud between Pesmerga/Yuber, and Mazus/Crowley. If Suiko V is set after 3, it would not be very likely that old characters from the older games would come back. Nobody's considered that the game could be set after S2, but if the story is set in Felena, it should inform about the Queen's assassination, so I guess it wouldn't be likely to be set after SII. There's also a slight chance that Georg could be the main character, or an important one, anyway. The strategeist would depend on the time period. It is almost definate that he/her will be a Silverberg, even though the Suikoden 2 strategeists weren't Silverbergs, but Mathiu's diciples, exception of Leon. Apple was in the first three, and by the 3rd, she still didn't look much older. She could be a possible S.O.D. As for full-army battles, I think Konami will find a way to put all 4 styles into the game, which would be pretty cool, as in S IV, with the naval battles, and suiko 1 style mushroom/mint battles. I hope Konami can succeed in fully voicing over every character for every significant scene, most importantly, the main character. Hopefully Suikoden 5 will have a deep storyline, unlike Suiko 4. Suiko 4's gameplay was pretty cool, including the mini-games and extras, but the storyline was dull and bland. In my opinion, an interesting storyline is more important than the features of the game. The story and plot lines are what pulls me into the game, and gets me involved. I guess all we can do now is anticipate the release of the new addition to the best game series in the world, and hope it's as good as we think it'll be, or better...
MY SWORD STILL THIRSTS FOR BLOOD!!!!!!!!
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

no one can bear more than 1 true rune except windy and the only reason she could do it is because she learned a sindar technique
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Where'd you hear that the technique was Sindarin in nature?
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

I dont remember,obviously because I said it, I read it somewhere, dont remember where, if I was mistaken then I apologize but I thought I read that somewhere, maybe on suikox
Angelis_Taleria
Elite Member

son_michael wrote:I dont remember,obviously because I said it, I read it somewhere, dont remember where, if I was mistaken then I apologize but I thought I read that somewhere, maybe on suikox
Naw, the technique isn't Sindar. It's a technique she developed, if I do recall.