One Stop Suikoden V Predictions Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Pollensalta

Post by Pollensalta »

Zoric wrote:
As much as I dislike Elenor Silverberg (alchoholic stratagist = baaad situation), she will more than likely be returning. I would love to see what happened to Troy after his ship crashed. The writer would have to be a total fool to let him actually "die". And one thing I am totally sure of is that Graham Cray will make a return in some capacity. From the very beginning I pictured him as a sort of Neclord.
First of all, Cray is human, not a vampire. Secondly, Troy more than likely died when his ship went down. The captain always goes down with the ship, and that's probably what happened to Troy. It was a fitting demise for him, and it would cheapen the story to have him magically return.

And third, I think the Elenor/Cray ending is forever going to be a mystery. I personally believe that they died there in the end. However, I think it's one of those things that Konami will leave to our imaginations.
Purr.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

First I would like to say I liked Suikoden 4. It wasn't as good as 2 was, but in a way i didn't expect it to be. I liked that they had Ted. However I was disappointed that Windy didn't merit a cameo or reference. In suiko 1 Ted said she had pursued him for 300 years. Where was she?? Rune of Punishment seemed powerful too (to be wiping out fleets of ships), why wasn't Windy interested in that rune??

I wouldn't mind Suikoden 5 coming after 4. it would be cool to see Ted again, but maybe only as a light cameo, in passing or something. A female lead character could be cool, or maybe allow the player the option of male/female?

Something I've been wondering about as I replay 3, is what happened to the True Wind Rune afterward? Or before Luc? At the time of Suiko3 Luc and Sasarai were both 30, putting their birth 10 years before suiko1. they were made to hold those True Runes. It would be an interesting scenario to work into a future Suikoden, how Hikusaak acquired True Earth and True Wind. At that time you could possibly work into the scenario Ted, Barberosa, the 5 generals, Yuber, Pesmerga, Windy, Leknaat, Geddoe, Jimba, Sierra, Neclord, Mathiu, Leon, Humphrey, Crowly, Mazus. Using old characters hasn't bothered me, I just don't like when they are overused. Hix and Tengaar, for example, I thought were pretty useless in suiko. Luc however was cool enough for 3 titles (or more were he not dead)

returning to 4 for a moment. I don't like that my suiko3 data didn't do anything. I think it could be cool if the next couple maybe filled in the timeline between 4 and 1. it would be cool if they established a family line from 4's ninjas to some of the ninjas in 1,2 or 3. Or maybe from Kika to Valeria?

just throwing out another potential scenario, what about a prequel featuring Bright Shield and Black Sword, long before Hans and Genkaku laid eyes on it. In that scenario I think it would be very cool if you had the option of picking the Black Sword instead and perhaps gather the 108 villains of destiny.

Prequels aside, a sequel where the hero finds Lucs lost True Wind a few years after Suiko 3 could be cool.

As for Suiko 5 specifically though... I think it would be cool if it took place 20 to 50 years after suiko 4, allowing an option for uploading Suiko4 data and featuring some old characters and children of old characters. I would like to Yuber and Pesmerga, Jeane, Viki, but this time maybe provide some details or at least hints about these characters nature or past. If Ted makes another Appearance, Windy should too. Also I think Leknaat needs an aprentice to proceed Luc. the time frame is right, maybe work in Crowley and Mazus' battle in 340? As far as story goes maybe have the Hero along with the remenants of his/her family some sort of refugees causing them to journey through familiar lands (Toran, dunan, grasslands; getting the dragon warrior 3 effect) a senior family member then dies passing their rune on to the hero (ted and his grandpa style). No idea for the Rune in Question. It is a MUST for Suiko 5 to have a decent bathhouse, a cooking mini-game and a detective (like Richmond not Kidd). For a change it might be nice to have Leknaat not only as your guide but as a sourceror and one of your 108 stars. Having Joshua and some dragon knights might be cool.

I would just like to see it released. if Konami pulled a Squarenix and started popping out suikodens every year (without compromising the depth of gameplay) that would be great.

oh and btw Demon Eye, what was up with the arbitrary math for arriving at 525 for Suiko5? Oh and you mentioned 3 true runes per game. Where was the third in 4? I count Punishment and Soul Eater. Though I agree it would have been nice if they had rounded it out to 3 TR.
Anamanaguchi

Post by Anamanaguchi »

I am thinking that Suikoden V will take place a little after the events of III.. in Holy Harmonia and Crystal Valley. Albert Silverberg and Yuber will be involved as the "bad guys". Since Albert has now attained a higher position. He has more power.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

The math wasn't arbitrary. It was taken from the time periods that spanned between each Suikoden game. I thought I showed the equations and the reasoning behind it when I wrote it up. Hmm..who knows?? It was just a suggestion for a possible time period. Ted had Soul Eater, Hero 4 had Rune of Punishment and Leknaat had half of the Gate Rune. That's 3 True Runes.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

JanusThePaladin wrote:I still uphold that S4 was a perfectly suitable game. Perhaps the main character's personality was supposed to be very internal, with nothing external? You can't tell me you've never met someone like that? I know plenty of people who seem to be only 2-d, its not that big of a stretch.
If I have to play through as a character, I don't want him to have no personality. If he has everything bottled up inside him, that's an okay plot device but you have to explore why that is. Also, the player should know what's bottled up in him even if he doesn't reveal it to the outside world. Those people you know who are quiet are likely introverts and there's certainly nothing wrong with that. However, introverts open up to close friends and do a lot of thinking. If Hero4 was just an introvert, and not just a character type of a mute protagonist for the sake of mute protagonist, then there should have been scenes of him by himself with some interior dialogue or at least him opening up to someone when they were alone together. Two ways to do introverts and still have deep characters are presented in games like Final Fantasy VII and VIII, both Cloud and Squall had something bottled up inside them, but through the course of the game it was discovered. We don't know much of anything about Hero4 and it made me not care about him. Chris and Geddoe both had a lot of interiority but they were still full characters because they revealed their inner self in solo or couple sequences. In the next Suikoden we need main characters like that.
Zoric wrote:Though, in my opinion, it was head and shoulders above III.
I would be very interested to hear why you think this as I disagree very strongly. I also don't understand why you would love to see Riou and Jowy returning but have a problem with Ted coming back.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

I agree with Oppenheimer.. Suiko4 was pretty good. though i do slightly prefer 3, but that has to do with the complexity of plot.

I disliked the silent hero, but i don't think he was an entirely flat character.

Demon Eye, though Leknaat appeared in suiko4, she played a very minor (but important) role, i'm not sure it's fair to count her true rune. in Suiko1 maybe, since she used it to dismiss Windy's monster army. But she didn't really use it in suiko4.
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

We know she has it so it counts. It's not like Leknaat ever makes a big to do in any of the games she's in. She says a few lines and maybe does a few things, some partially significant, but never makes or breaks any of the games. You asked where the third True Rune was and the Gate Rune was it, therefore keeping the formula correct.

Whether she comes out and says it or whether or not it payed a significant role matters not. The Gate Rune was the third True Rune to appear in Suikoden 4 due to the fact that Leknaat was there and we know she had it at that time. It's similar to the fact that we knew Luc had the True Wind Rune at least by the end of Suikoden 2, but it wasn't truly (note I said truly) made official until Suikoden 3.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

Luc used the true wind against Sasarai's troops in suiko2
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

I guess you didn't see where I put in parenthesis "note I said truly". Yes, we were told that Luc used the True Wind Rune in Suikoden 2, but Suikoden 3 was the game that made it "official" by showing Luc actively using the True Wind Rune without discretion. Note that he was not able to use the True Wind Rune in Suikoden 2 even after we were made aware that he used it. Therefore, it was not truly made "official" until Suikoden 3.
YuberClone

Post by YuberClone »

how much money do you suppose the wizard at konami, who does the complex equations to determine proper storyline positioning, makes annually?
Porom
Banned User

Post by Porom »

If the lady who made Suikoden IV makes Suikoden V, I will outright refuse to buy it or play it.

She sullied a great series by tossing in a bunch of minigames with tiny traces of plot here and there. Give me a well developed, fleshed out world with interesting characters or get the hell off the stage.
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

demon eye wrote:We know she has it so it counts. It's not like Leknaat ever makes a big to do in any of the games she's in. She says a few lines and maybe does a few things, some partially significant, but never makes or breaks any of the games.
I really have to disagree with that. She was huge to the plot of 1 and 2, especially 1, when she brings down a force of 100,000 to about 25,000. Thats pretty fricken significant.

I personally feel they need to make her important again, like in 1 and 2. They barely mentioned her in 3, and she seemed to appear in 4 simply for a nastalgia effect...
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

She didn't even do that by herself. She needed the power of the Dragon Rune, as well. I'm sorry, but Leknaat is not very significant as of yet. Basically, she plays the role of an overseer. Never too involved, but you know she's around. Her character has not been made significant as of yet. And this is understandable because the main character is supposed to carry the storyline.

Sure Leknaat is important in her own way, but her presence has not made or broke any game..well, not any game that we have seen thus far. She has been rather insignificant so far and especially if diminishing 100,000 soldiers to 25,000 soldiers (which she needed help to do) is her major highlight so far. That wasn't too much of a big deal. It was just a way to show her standing up against Windy (finally) at basically the very end of the game.

If anything her role should have been much more significant in Suikoden 1 than any other game we have saw. The point is that she is not supposed to be truly significant. She's supposed to be the voice from the shadows and the one guiding things from behind the scenes. She is a watcher that does not like to sully her hands. That's why she is insignificant. But, she will play a more prominant role in the future.
Wraith

Post by Wraith »

Leknaat has the ability to see the future(or at least parts of it) right?
Well when I was playing S4 I was kinda trying to figure out why she only apeared 2 times(3 if you count the Fog Ship quest)and i think I know why.
Hero4 with the Rune Of punishment was probably scared of dying(though he never showed it) so because of that there was a possibility that he might do some things different(not getting al the SoD's for example or running away)so that eventually the rune is passed over changing the course of the future that Leknaat indented to happen so she tries to guide them by saying alot of things to give them more confidence.For example in S2 Riou has the choice of running away in Tinto with Nanami and Leknaat probably knew that could happen so she tried to confince him not to in a subtle way. at least thats what i think Leknaat's role is: A manipulator of events
Arke

Post by Arke »

Well I've got a few ideas also:

Setting: 5 or so years after Suikoden IV. In Kooluk.

Ok, i've got a very vague idea so bear with me. We all know that at the end of S4 SME attacked Kooluk and thus Kooluk had to stop it's southern invasion. Well let's say that SME sucessfully invaded and only 2 or so scattered Duchies of Kooluk were independent. The people of these small pieces of land were weak and about to give in to SME. Then our Hero5 somehow arises a new sense of nationalism in the people and uniting the small duchies in order to take back Kooluk and restore it to it's former glory.

Characters:

-Tanya or Agnes= In SV I would have them be co-strategeists for the Hero and SME would have a Silverberg (Julian's son or daughter) as their head strategeist.

-Helmut= Helmut would be a key character in this game. Spoiler: at the end of Suikoden IV it says he and Colton dissapeared. Well lets say, they travel together for 5 years and when they return to Kooluk , they find it in ruins. A good plot twist would be Colton dying during the game.

Kate: at the end of the game it was said that she went to her former employer in Kooluk.

Viki, Jeane also.

Adding Hero4 would be a nice touch, but i dont see why he would help his former enemy.

And possibly I would add Snowe. Just because his ending said he lived as a normal civilian in Razril. I guess a person like Snowe who is used to traveling and such would get bored with his life, that he would begin an adventure traveling.(Possibly looking for his long lost friend, Hero4.)

Frederica= she could be a general on the SME side.

EDIT: OMFG >< as I reread the idea, I notice that this exactly paralells S4, just with Kooluk and SME. Heh while typing this i didnt even notice it.
Last edited by Arke on Mon May 02, 2005 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Beat Suikoden 1+3+4
-Can't find that damn Suikoden 2 anywhere ><