One Stop Suikoden V Predictions Thread

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
demon eye

One Stop Suikoden V Predictions Thread

Post by demon eye »

I hope this is the right place to put this and yes, I know that it is incredibly early to start making predictions for the next game (we may not even get a Suikoden 5), but I'm going to make my predictions nevertheless and I encourage anyone else to participate that has anything fruitful to add to this discussion (meaning have played all 4 games up to now..and no I'm not excluding anyone that hasn't but there will be spoilers in this thread, so if you haven't played every game then you will be spoiled *you've been warned*). To the admins, if this is not the right place fr this thread, then please remove this immediately or place it where it needs to go. Thanks in advance!

Ok, we shall begin with a little recap on the timeframe in which each of the previous four games have been placed in order to get a good estimate on the time in which the next installment should begin. Suikoden 1, the Gate Rune Wars, began in IS 455. This war ended with the liberation of the Toran Republic. Suikoden 2 IS 460, the Dunan Unification War, ended with the unification of..dun dun..Dunan and the establishment of the Alliance of the Dunan Territories except for Tinto. Suikoden 3 IS 475, the Second Fire Bringer War, ended just the way it began basically. The Zexan Federation and the Grasslands still retain loose contact and are still uneasy with another although they have better relations than before. Suikoden 4 IS 305 (approximately), Island Nation War???, ended with the establishment of the Federation of Island Nations.

Ok, those are the dates. Suikoden 1 was 5 years before 2, 2 was 15 years before 3, and 4 was 150 years before 1. Simple numbers break down leaves us with 5, 15, and 15 times 10. Based on the number scheme present in each Suikoden game we've seen so far I have used simple mathematics to come up with a general estimate of the next Suikoden games timeframe. This estimate is based on Luc's prediction and the fact that I do not believe the developers will make another prequel.

The first date I believe Suikoden 5 will start in is IS 525. This date came from multiplying 5 times 10 and adding it to the date of the most present Suikoden timeframe being Suikoden 3's date. I got 5 times 10 from the years it took Suikoden 2's events to begin after Suikoden 1 and the multiplier which was used to establish the date of the most current Suikoden game being Suikoden 4.

The next date I cam up with was IS 600, which came from 25 times 5 and adding it to the date Suikoden 3's events started. The number 25 came from the adding the difference between 5 (the number of years between Suikoden 1 and 2) and 15 (the number of years between Suikoden 2 and 3) to 15 (once again the years between Suikoden 2 and 3). And the 5 I multiplied 25 by comes from cutting in half the multiplier the developers used to establish the date for the prequel which was 10.

So, the date in which I believe that Suikoden 5 will begin is somewhere in between IS 525 and IS 600. I believe this is a good general starting time for appropriate events to build up.

So, that's enough of math and down to the nitty gritty of this topic, what I believe will happen during the events of Suikoden 5 and who the major players will be.

I believe Suikoden 5 will feature the Nameless Lands and Falena. Why? The creators seem to be moving back towards the more traditional Suikoden feel. It would be too early to involve Harmonia because there are at least 9 more True Runes to bring to into the series. We need to introduce more countries and regions first to further develop the story. As a trend we have been moving more to the South-West regions of the Suikoden World based on the last 3 Suikoden games, so therefore I predict the Nameless Lands and The Queendom of Falena.

I predict the events of this story will be a more traditional type of tale. We've been introduced to naval warfare, now we will probably go back to the traditional infantry battles of old, but navy battles will also make some appearances, as well. Falena is a place with a long history and the Nameless Lands seem to be harsh and arid. Maybe a more Egyptian like setting in the Nameless Land?? We will see chariots and a more Spartan or Greek atmosphere in the Queendom.

I predict 3 more True Runes will be introduced (each game has had at least 3 True Rune bearers present so it is highly likely there will be at least 3 True Rune bearers in this one). I predict we will see more Sindarian Ruins..maybe even a Sindarian will be revealed for the first time. The Clan of the Crimson Bird will be introduced. We will learn of the "Iron Cradle". Jeane, Viki, and a Silverberg will be present in this game..that is a no brainer.

The Hero will be a slave or the son of a person whose nation was conquered by Falena and then was sold into slavery. Maybe even the son of a prominent general who sacrificed himself for the Queendom and leaves his son to be raised by another noble family perhaps. We have seen this trend of all the prominent heroes and heroines having a famous father or mother, so I think this trend will continue.

This is all I have for now. If you wish to contribute to these predictions please give your reasons along with any predictions. Don't just say I believe this will occur because I say so. That will not promote a healthy and productive discussion. Thanks! And once again to the admins and moderators...I hope I placed this ion the right forum, but if I haven't please place it in the right place, but please don't delete it. This is for those that have already finished each game in its entirety and have ideas for the further progress of the series. Thanks again and in advance.
Lilly

Post by Lilly »

If the next Suikoden game was like that I would become a Christian again! (Not really)

Anyway, one thing I don't understand about your prediction is why you used math to find the possible date.

Okay, here's my prediction: My prediction is that Suikoden V unless they find a new writer. Because that new lady is awful. The story for IV was a good idea but it was sloppy and unproperly developed. Plus the characters had next to no characterization.

It seems that they did a prequel because she was afraid to mess up the characters. That's a poor excuse and she's not really being the best that she can be.

One thing I loved about Suikoden is that you got to play older versions of previous characters and/or their offspring.

I think that lady is going to suck the soul of Suikoden.

I hope I'm not the only one who believes this but Suikoden IV was crap and a disgrace to the Suikoden series. And I think Suikoden V will be crap too unless they get rid of her or she somehow changes. Which would mean that she would have to find some way to actually be talent.

I'm just scared that if this is going to take place after Suikoden V then it will be too far into the future to have any returning characters. (Besides, Jeane and Viki, of course.)
kuroinekokun

Post by kuroinekokun »

The Liberation War (s1) was three years before the Dunan Unification War (s2) not five.

But this helps the timeline theory if you take it by multiples.
The years are:
3, 15, 150...

Pattern:
3*5= 15
15*10= 150
The next one could be 150*15=2250 (too much into the future) or we can work with this. There could be another pattern that I'm not aware of yet.

EDIT: Let's try the addition game.
3+15+150= 168
475+168= 643 IS. Maybe?
Sid: He he he...
Riou: ??
Sid: Hoo Hoo Hoo HAHAHAHA!
demon eye

Post by demon eye »

This prediction was made so long ago that most of my opinions have changed a bit, but I don't see why people think that new characters are a bad idea. I enjoy the occassional returning character as much as the next man, but to keep having the same old characters returning will become stale and sort of meaningless. It's like some people refuse to give creators creative freedom to experiment. Game producing is an art, as well. Sure the creators may do things we don't appreciate, but it is all in the hopes of finding a formula that gives a good blend of something old and something new.

And ironically, must of the stuff I used in that old prediction just rehashed old ideas expressed formulaicly in Suikoden 1 and 2. If a gamer wants to see returning characters, then your best bet would be to hope that the game follows Suikoden 4 based on the pattern the new creators are going in. They are basically trying to start fresh without messing with the old story. It gives them creative freedom that way.

The creators have have pretty much put a close on the stories of many of the characters introduced in Suikoden 4, so those who believe that Suikoden 5 will follow Suikoden 3 have some good news there. I stand by my predictions beccause of the the style that the creators have shown in their last 2 games. I have different predictions, as well. But, the new creators gave us something new, something old, and now they are going to give us something in between.

I believe IS 525 is a good time period to display an engaging story. The only characters that truly need to return would be present and it'll give the creators enough leeway to expand the world. But, I also think there are some things the creators can tell us from the past (a time period in between Suikoden 4 and 1), as well. So, who truly knows?
JanusThePaladin

Post by JanusThePaladin »

I find it more likely that there will be another game set in the past, probably a few years after S4.

I get this idea because I doubt that the producers would have gone back in time for just one single nastalgic game. They raised a lot of questions, and I find it more likely they will answer those.

I find it probably that Ted will reappear, since in the others, that star always reoccured, until the time of its death. Suikoden is a stickler for tradition.

I agree that it is likely to take place in the "nameless lands" or city of Falena. I find it highly possible that, taken the idea of a past game, it may not just include Sindarian Ruins, but the Sindars themselves, simply because they haven't truly been formally adressed as more than a legend.

Furthermore, it kinda bothers me that people bitch about S4 so much. Personally, I liked it, more than 3. I seriously wonder exactly what people expected from Suikoden 4?
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

Hmm...I know I have made a similar post in General Discussion, so fogive me if they are not exact.

Time Frame: I used to think soon after SIII would have been good, but now people have made me think that around 580-600 would be appropriate. Although we wouldn't see many returning characters.

Returning Characters: The True Rune bearers, obviously. Hugo, Geddoe, Chris, Tir, Hero4 (unfortunatley, I guess this much into the future means no Riou and Tir...) A Silverberg, yes, Jeane and Viki, yes and also, a new vampire and Sierra. Pesmerga as well...although Konami would have to explain why he has agelessness...speaking of agelessness, I'd like both Leknaat AND Windy to be in this, perhaps both halvces of the Gate Rune have the power of agelessness...

Hero: I have not decided on a deffault name, so Hero5 will do...I'd like him (her?) to bear a new rune, not yet announced by Konami. The bearer of the Rune of Change should be a SoD.

Setting: The Queendom of Falena sounds good.

Villain: I know this was mentioned in my other post, but I'd like there to be a group of...4 people, much like the "Destroyers" in SIII. This group would consist of Windy (Front Gate Rune), Yuber (Eight-Fold Rune), *The New Vampire* (Erm...I dunno yet, perhaps the...Yellow Sun Rune...?), and their leader, Ted (Some new True Rune). Ted would have ben sent by Leknaat to retrieve the other half of the Gate Rune. He diguises himself as their leader, and eventually takes the Front Gate Rune, and then kills Windy, for her killing him...Ted could become a SoD, as well as Yuber, then *The New Vampire* could get his own side-quest...

Villain II: The main villain of SV, the QFE (the Queendom of Falena Empire). This group would not bear a True Rune, just enormous power, much like Harmonia. They are trying to ally with Harmonia, so they must first retrive the runes Ted, Yuber, *The New Vampire*, Windy and Hero5 bear, that's why they ally with the "Destroyer"-like people. Although the "Destroyer"-like people are smarter than that, they would not fall for that trick, nor does Hero5 and his 108 SoD's.

LoL, I like villains more than focusing on the SoD's as you can see. Here's some "deffinite" SoDs from me-
-Hero5
-Ted
-Yuber (don't ask me how you get him to join...)
-Jeane
-Pesmerga
-Viki
-Silverberg...

And no, Pesmerga and Yuber would not fight in this game, let's save that for later...
JanusThePaladin

Nice idea, but you would have to address how Ted came back from the dead, when the Soul Eater took his soul. Furthermore in that respect, by all technicallity, Ted commited suicide, with the Soul Eater as the weapon, Windy did not kill Ted.
Fundertaker
Location: DeathValley, Underworld (The World where Deadmans come)

Post by Fundertaker »

I like the idea of a SV being a sequel of SIV in the Queendom of Faleena, because we would see what exactily happened to Georg and Killey to kill the Queen
True Wind Bearer

Post by True Wind Bearer »

JanusThePaladin wrote:Nice idea, but you would have to address how Ted came back from the dead, when the Soul Eater took his soul. Furthermore in that respect, by all technicallity, Ted commited suicide, with the Soul Eater as the weapon, Windy did not kill Ted.
True, but he still dislikes Windy for wounding him, hunting him down etc. Also, perhaps the Soul Eater could be "unlocked" somehow, releasing the souls kept in there, including Teo, Ted and Odessa.
RageRune

Post by RageRune »

Okay, here's my prediction: My prediction is that Suikoden V unless they find a new writer. Because that new lady is awful. The story for IV was a good idea but it was sloppy and unproperly developed. Plus the characters had next to no characterization.

It seems that they did a prequel because she was afraid to mess up the characters. That's a poor excuse and she's not really being the best that she can be.

One thing I loved about Suikoden is that you got to play older versions of previous characters and/or their offspring.

I think that lady is going to suck the soul of Suikoden.

I hope I'm not the only one who believes this but Suikoden IV was crap and a disgrace to the Suikoden series. And I think Suikoden V will be crap too unless they get rid of her or she somehow changes. Which would mean that she would have to find some way to actually be talent.
Believe me you're not the only one. But I'm not going into another Suiko4 rant. I did too much of that on other forums. :lol:

Anyway here's what I predict in Suiko5:

Setting: Since the crappy Suiko4 raised some questions, then I guess Konami might as well answer them before they go back to the timeframe around Suiko3. I think the setting of Suiko5 would be either in Falena or Kooluk since those countries are closer to the Island Nation Federation. Possibly 5-100 years after Suiko4

Plot:Falena to see how the queen of that country was assasinaed,how Georg was involved and is there are any Sindarians there.
As for Kooluk, we could see if the Kooluk government fell and the Southlands were created. Maybe the people of Kooluk were tired of the the government and wanted to live independently. At least that's how I see it.

Characters: I think returning characters could be either Cray and/or Elenor (if they alive still) in Kooluk since Cray and Elenor have something with them. Of course Jeane and Viki might as well return since thier staples of the series now. Ted coming back in Suiko 5 could be overkill on his character, especially on the Soul Eater since it's been in 2 games (3 if you count Tir's cameo in SUiko2). Anyone else like the pirates or the ninja's from Suiko4 are welcome as well.Though they have to have more development in this game like Suiko2 and 3. Windy and Leknaat coming back is also a possiblity.

Hero/True Rune: I want a talking protagonist this time (if rumors state Suiko 5 to have VAs), and he has to be developed too.He could be a poor person lving in oppression in either Falena or Kooluk and he decides to stand up to the government for his people.
Since the True Runes in the past handled Darkness (Soul Eater, Rune of Punishment) then there should be a Light-based rune. It could be called the True Celestial Rune or something like that and it can have heavenly powers or something. That would be interesting.

That's all I can think of right now I'll post more later.
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

demon eye wrote:I don't see why people think that new characters are a bad idea.
I agree. Having Tir return in Suikoden II was interesting but I could just as well have done without it. I don't think I want to see any of the other main character true rune barers return in that type of setting (I'm referring to Tir, Riou, Jowy, Hugo, Geddoe, Chris and boring Silent boy Hero4). Having side characters like Viki and Jeane come back is fine and I expect Leknaat to come back but not the main characters, they had their own game, it's time for new characters that are fully developed (in other words, not new characters like Hero4 who are 2d). However, those who are not primary characters and are under developed becoming primary villains can work but is tricky. I think pulling it off with Luc and Yuber was well done, especially since we didn't know who they were right away.

All that being said, hearing about previous characters is a good idea just to hear what happened to them. I just don't want them to join the party when new people could be introduced instead. Although when worse comes to worse I'd rather have an old character return then have a new character who has no background/purpose.
JanusThePaladin

I would expect that if Ted reappears, he wouldn't actually be using the Soul Eater. Since he is by now in hiding again from Windy, he wouldn't want the knowledge of the Soul Eater's continued existence getting around. I therefore theorize he would dumb it down and use it as a normal Darkness Rune (Kinda like Luc did).

I would love to see a game at some point where the former main characters (i.e.: Tir, Riou, Hugo, Geddoe, Chris) come back as villians. It was cool having Luc as a villian, because up to that point I had kind of ignored his existence, but i think it would be cool to see the former good guys, who stood up for truth and justice, be brought down to evil. Perhaps they could be controlled by a Conquerer Rune like Windy had... Unprobable, but fun!
Zoric

Post by Zoric »

I have serious problems with Ted coming back again in Suikoden V, if indeed it is a direct sequel. The concept has been used once, twice would be too much.

As much as I dislike Elenor Silverberg (alchoholic stratagist = baaad situation), she will more than likely be returning. I would love to see what happened to Troy after his ship crashed. The writer would have to be a total fool to let him actually "die". And one thing I am totally sure of is that Graham Cray will make a return in some capacity. From the very beginning I pictured him as a sort of Neclord.

Having Tir return is just as unlikely as Ted's return. The soul-eater has been milked for all its worth, in my opinion. Personally, though, it was a godsend in Suikoden IV because the Rune of Punishment was rather useless to me.
"Coward! The commander is the last to leave!"

Stars of Suikoden - The Legendary RP Board has returned! http://starsos.ath.cx
JanusThePaladin

I still uphold that S4 was a perfectly suitable game. Perhaps the main character's personality was supposed to be very internal, with nothing external? You can't tell me you've never met someone like that? I know plenty of people who seem to be only 2-d, its not that big of a stretch.

Also, I don't really see a problem with the return of prior Heros. It was great in S2 to be able to use the old hero, why not continue to do that? I personally saw Ted as a weak character in S1, and, although they didn't delve into him, they did show more of his character in S4.

So finally, quit complaining about S4, its a video game, you guys are not the writers/directors, you the players. Not everything's going to be perfect, except it and stop having kittens over it!
Zoric

Post by Zoric »

I wouldn't mind Riou and Jowy returning in some capacity. It's just that the Soul Eater has been in every Suikoden game now, except three. That, I think, is a little overdone. Of course it may just become a tradition like Viki, Jeane and ol' Reinbach III. I'm not saying Soul Eater is a bad rune at all.

And, by the way, I also think Suikoden IV was a good game, just not the best in the series. Though, in my opinion, it was head and shoulders above III.

So I would love to see the Bright Shield and Black Sword runes return. The story of Jowy and Riou was the one that compelled me the most in the Suikoden series, anyway. Two friends becoming enemies isn't new, but the way they told the story really got to your heart and let you feel as if you were right there with them the entire time.

I for one remember the first time I did the "waiting for Jowy" sequence in Muse. I was right there with Nanami and Riou, anxiously waiting for him to return. I could really feel their tension and pain as they wondered if he was alive or dead. Moments like that are rare in RPG's, I hope Suikoden V will recapture that spirit.
"Coward! The commander is the last to leave!"

Stars of Suikoden - The Legendary RP Board has returned! http://starsos.ath.cx