Suikoden III comes to US PSN (and EU)

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: Suikoden III comes to US PSN (and EU)

Post by Antimatzist »

Neclord X wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Neclord X wrote:My complain is not about they re-relasing things, my complain is about them forgetting to reléase new things.
Konami is a business not a charity. The last game in the series we got sold poorly.
By last game do you mean last game of the main series or main game of the franchise in general? Because I remember SV (the last game of the main series) did pretty well, I don't know how the last game of the franchise (Suikoden Toki...) did
Suikoden V might be the game of the main series with least sales (excluding the Gaidens and Tactics). Tierkreis sold worse and the PSP game sold horribly.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Suikoden V sold around 200,000 in Japan, that's half of what Suikoden II and III did, and 100,000 less than IV. "Decent" is about as generous as you can call those sales and current game development costs way more than a PS2 game did.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

Do you guys think Konami will eventually get around to re-releasing IV and V on the PSN? I'm not sure how much longer the PS3 will be supported or how long these re-releases take to make. I hope they have enough time and get around to it though, having all the main Suikoden games on one console would be awesome.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

whileheavenwept wrote:Do you guys think Konami will eventually get around to re-releasing IV and V on the PSN? I'm not sure how much longer the PS3 will be supported or how long these re-releases take to make. I hope they have enough time and get around to it though, having all the main Suikoden games on one console would be awesome.
PS3 support won't die anytime soon, I guess the last big games for the console will come 2016. And I'm very positive the other PS2 titles will also be released on PSN, especially if Suikoden III will sell as well as the first two titles (especially the second one which was very often in the top 10 downloaded PS Classics).
KFCrispy
Global Admin

Post by KFCrispy »

according to Yuichi in Konami USA, IV, Tactics and V cost more to release on PSN because of the voice acting contracts. so they need to see strong sales from the first 3 games--- and honestly it seems like they're doing pretty well.