Akari Uchida and Mino Taro left KONAMI

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
RevKoden

Akari Uchida and Mino Taro left KONAMI

Post by RevKoden »

http://gematsu.com/2015/03/akari-uchida ... rom-konami

More departure of some Konami's staff. The Company has slowly turning into Kojima Productions it seems. It'll spell doom to Konami
Vextor
Global Admin

Re: Akari Uchida and Mino Taro left KONAMI

Post by Vextor »

Based on their comments, it seems evident they felt frustration with a lack of creative freedom. It seems like Konami never learns.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Then again, the last Love Plus game seems to have sold terribly. Ok, it was only an enhanced version of another game afaik, but still, bad is bad (and the game it's base don seems to be filled with bugs).

I think konami should simply announce they'll only be doing PES and MGS in the future, if they only want strong selling game series and don't care about creativity in their company.
suiken

Post by suiken »

A comment from the page
PuppetMaster
- Suikoden team = disbanded and the creator already left Konami
– Silent Hill team = disbanded and the creator + composer already left Konami
– Castlevania legendary producer (Koji Igarashi) left Konami
– And now Tokimeki and Love+ producer & chara designer also left Konami
They already westernized Silent Hill and Castlevania. The last thing I want is a westernized Suikoden game. Looks like Kojima is getting full of himself. Get your shoot together, Konami!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I doubt Kojima has a lot to do with that, what's his current position?

Suikoden is a series that you can hardly westernize. I think the most Western J-RPGs we'll see soon are FF XV and Xenoblade chronicles X which will be a SJapanese Skyrim from what we've heard so far. Suikoden is way too.. Japanese. I can't even think what you could do with it without destroying everything that made the series unique (and even the latest PSP game didn't destroy everything).
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I agree with Antimatzist that Suikoden can hardly westernize but I think it is for the opposite reason. The game is already quite westernized, I said it before, one of its engaging aspect is that while looking clearly like a japanese game it is not too extremely japanese. It's mild in its anime style, and includes plenty of westernized elements, enough to make the game more universal. So it cannot be more western that it already is.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Silent Hill and Castlevania already have western elements and looks from day 1. What I mean by westernized is handing the series to western developers like they did to Castlevania and Silent Hill.

The level of character design between original SH and SM are night and day. Devil May Cry and Resident Evil was handed to western devs. What have they done? They turned a fan-favorite character into some crackhead looking teenager and Resident Evil to another Call Of Duty clone.

And yes, Kojima now is what Sakaguchi was to Squaresoft back in the day.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

RevKoden wrote:http://gematsu.com/2015/03/akari-uchida ... rom-konami

More departure of some Konami's staff. The Company has slowly turning into Kojima Productions it seems. It'll spell doom to Konami
Well, they only make Metal Gears anyway so... :lol:

May be now they can put their talent to good use
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

Perhaps all the people who left Konami could get together and form their own company. Maybe this new Not-Konami company would make better games.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:Perhaps all the people who left Konami could get together and form their own company. Maybe this new Not-Konami company would make better games.
This is pretty much what happened when the Xenogears people left Square to form Monolith Soft. But they are still dependant on other big publishers to publish their games, so it's not really a safe way.

With the current gaming scene, people like that should be able to fund their games via kickstarter, though. Just look at Inafune and Mighty No. 9, or I thinkt he Vagrant Story producer also worked on a kickstarter or something.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Antimatzist wrote:
BrucePrintscreen wrote:Perhaps all the people who left Konami could get together and form their own company. Maybe this new Not-Konami company would make better games.
This is pretty much what happened when the Xenogears people left Square to form Monolith Soft. But they are still dependant on other big publishers to publish their games, so it's not really a safe way.

With the current gaming scene, people like that should be able to fund their games via kickstarter, though. Just look at Inafune and Mighty No. 9, or I thinkt he Vagrant Story producer also worked on a kickstarter or something.
The FFT producer is just an advisor for that said Kickstarter project. Don't forget Shinji Mikami.

Monolith and Mistwalker have success in their games despite having niche fanbase. FromSoft also do the same thing and now they are one of the main torch holders in Sony.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Monolith and Mistwalker have success in their games despite having niche fanbase.
Then again, Xenosaga didn't meet the expectations of Namco bandai and they only produced 3 titles, feeling rushed.

Xenoblade was heavily supported by Nintendo and now Monolith is a First Party Producer of Nintendo. Being totally independent seems to be impossible nowadays.

Mistwalker doesn't make that many games, do they?
suiken

Post by suiken »

Of course it's hard to produce many games with only few staffs. And Sakaguchi hinted that they might develop another console game.