Konami will announce a Suikoden game on 2016.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Neclord X

Re: Konami will announce a Suikoden game on 2016.

Post by Neclord X »

suiken wrote:Since Konami is turning mobile now, might as well make a Clash of Clans, Suikoden edition with downloadable 108 stars of destiny. And I won't be surprised if it actually happened but when that time comes...
A mobile Suikoden card game would be the less surprising thing it could happen at this point.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

There is no hope for a suikoden 6 and I find the title of this thread quite irritating because it is quite misleading indeed.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Just because Konami declared that they will focus on mobile gaming, that doesn't mean that Suikoden will be left out. Who knows if they will do what Capcom did to BOF series (god forbid). It doesn't make my prediction any wrong (at least not yet).
BrucePrintscreen

Yes but it doesn't make your prediction any right. You have the right to speculate and to suggest an analysis to support your speculations, but they remain just this - speculations. It's not really fair that you introduce it as if it were the truth.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Even professional writers do this stuff, you know. I just made the title noticeable. It's not like I posted something like "Suikoden Sucks" or anything close to that.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Konami is dead as a video game company,all they care about is making money and there is no money to be made off of a new suikoden game, there just aren't enough fans.
ENDmyinitials

Post by ENDmyinitials »

Konami should just sell the suikoden franchise to a company that focuses on rpg games.
BrucePrintscreen

I give them twenty bucks.
suiken wrote:Even professional writers do this stuff, you know. I just made the title noticeable. It's not like I posted something like "Suikoden Sucks" or anything close to that.
Professional writers don't lie to be noticed. Your title is a lie, period.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

son_michael wrote:Konami is dead as a video game company,all they care about is making money and there is no money to be made off of a new suikoden game, there just aren't enough fans.

Then what about Suikoden Revival Movement? It goes pretty well...

Trust me,if Suikoden VI ever gets realised it'll be a smash hit.

Simply don't follow S3 and S4 mistakes that made Suikoden franchise lose its reputation....have Yuber & Pesmerga backstory developed...make Suikoden more challenging (many fans were complaining Suikoden games were a walk in the park)...and voila there you have it.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

ENDmyinitials wrote:Konami should just sell the suikoden franchise to a company that focuses on rpg games.
Problem is that doesn't exist any more. all big companies (any that could buy Suikoden) now work like Konami they stick only to their star franchise + do a lot of social game for mobile phones.

Right now the RPGs are controlled by someway mid-small companies that work mainly for portable consoles (AKA PSP) companies that wouldn't be able (or may be are able to but won't invest so much money on it) to buy Suikoden franchise.
Konami is dead as a video game company,all they care about is making money and there is no money to be made off of a new suikoden game, there just aren't enough fans.
All the companies care about making money, that's true now as was true 10, 20 or 30 years ago. But the people who expends money have changed, the market is no more in faithful gamers but in casual gaming, therefore all that focusing in mobile social phone games. And for the faithful gamers they have the big franchises.

There is no need of risking trying new franchises because they don't need to catch new buyers, there are lot of them now, and why bother producing titles that sell midly well when for less the half the cost they can make a game that top sells.

Of course, this sucks, and we can wish for something better, but its what we have right now and we can't really blame companies for making money.
BrucePrintscreen

The only way I would see Konami do another Suikoden game is because they are too much big weasels to take the risk of using a new name so they would half-ass a suikoden game and we would all be very disappointed.

So I don't even WANT a Suikoden VI. I know I would hate it. I prefer not to see it happen.

And the Pesmerga/Yuber plot is super boring, I don't want it, I don't care for it, that's not what we love in Suikoden.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

And the Pesmerga/Yuber plot is super boring, I don't want it, I don't care for it, that's not what we love in Suikoden.
You don't understand, Yuber and Pesmerga are the love story that links the entire series. "Yuber-senpai, I..." -" Pespes-chan..."
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:The only way I would see Konami do another Suikoden game is because they are too much big weasels to take the risk of using a new name so they would half-ass a suikoden game and we would all be very disappointed.

So I don't even WANT a Suikoden VI. I know I would hate it. I prefer not to see it happen.

But rememeber when the original creator said Suikoden series will finish when a duel between Yuber and Pesmerga occurs?
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I don't imagine Konami doing a SVI but I certainly imagine Konami doing some online mobile game (probably involving cards) and calling it Suikoden.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Neclord X wrote:I don't imagine Konami doing a SVI but I certainly imagine Konami doing some online mobile game (probably involving cards) and calling it Suikoden.

That's not Suikoden then. That's sh*t really.

They shouldn't use "Suikoden" name for some random game with cards. Don't you think so?

What's stopping them from making a SVI since many fans demand it for years?