What characters would you like to see younger/older?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
sticky-runes

What characters would you like to see younger/older?

Post by sticky-runes »

a thread specifically aimed at characters you'd like to see at earlier or later points in their career.
We've seen Futch, Tuta and Lucia all grown up, and we've seen Georg, Lorelai and Killey in their younger days.
Here are some others I'd like to see...

Younger versions

Liukan: He creates valuable cures for us at critical points in the first game, so I'd like to know what sort of things he did when he was younger. Did he discover miracle cures himself? Did he ever meet Silva or Murad? We got Huan and Tuta following in his footsteps in 2 and 3, so it would be nice if Liukan had some sort of connection with the doctors from previous games.

Hellion: I'd like to see her as a younger sorceress learning her magic craft. She'd probably be like Lotte. Did Hellion have a tutor? Plus she's supposed to be kind of a seeress. I'm sure she could have put her magic to use in other wars.

Max: He has a grandson, so I'd like to know who his wife and kids were. Be nice to actually use him in combat as well, since he can still kick the crap out of guys half his age in S2, so he must be quite the action hero in his younger days.

Older versions

Viktor and Flik: Any excuse to bring these two back! They'd probably still be hot when they're older. Wonder if they'd still be running a mercenary fort.

Nalleo: I'd like to see him as captain of his own ship with his own crew. And as a pirate, he could sail to just about anywhere, wouldn't have to be restricted to his home location.

Lymsleia and Miakis: I'd like to see them both as mature women. They'd probably still make fun of each other in private moments, but it would be nice to see Lym as a brunette version of Arshtat, minus the mad fits, and Miakis ordering guards around and working with the new batch of queen's knights. I like the thought of playing a fresh-faced young hero who is nervous about entering the court of a great queen, who happens to be the loud-mouth little girl we knew in S5!
EstrangedIX

Re: What characters would you like to see younger/older?

Post by EstrangedIX »

It would be nice to see what became of Pilika. I'm also curious about Qlon. For some reason I picture him trying to follow in the footsteps of someone like Flik. Also, seeing Yuber and Pesmerga as angsty little brats could be fun.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Qlon gets placed alongside Max and Sancho in major battles, doesn't he? He remains as the castle's watchman after the war, so it would be kind of cool if we got to travel back there and it was guarded by a knight who turns out to be Qlon! I'm sure he got to study the moves of all those warriors living there.

What about Melville and Alanis from Suikoden 3? Can't remember the third kids name. It would be great to see them as dashing adult knights. Alanis kind of reminded me of Katarina - a sorceress knight (they even have the same stance in combat)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Yeah he does. Maybe he becomes a Maximillian Knight once traffic dies down at the castle and he runs out of people to tell where they are lol... And good point about the Zexen kids. I hadn't noticed about Alanis and Katarina before but you're probably right that she'd grow into a similar role. Elliott was the other kid's name, but I always think of him as Bean Boy.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

oh, lets not forget Ax, Nick and Yoran. They could be growing up with Lance and Flail's child! And it would be nice to see Lunn developing as the first female dragon horse rider.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I would like to see a aged and grizzled Gremio still protecting an ageless Tir decades later.
PSN: FreshMetal80
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

yeah, old Gremio and young Tir would be cool, and slightly heart breaking. Tir would be faced with losing his protector a second time :(
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

sticky-runes wrote:yeah, old Gremio and young Tir would be cool, and slightly heart breaking. Tir would be faced with losing his protector a second time :(
Yeah, I know a lot of people don't appreciate Gremio as a character, but I've always like him. It would be interesting to see him aged, struggling to still protect Tir and coming to terms with the fact that he won't always be around..
PSN: FreshMetal80
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I've read fanfic that had him looking to find a TR for himself so that he could always protect Tir. I can actually see him doing something like that, or going on some quest to have Tir's Rune sealed or something.
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

While I must admit it's easy to lure longtime fans in with familiar faces like Viktor and Flik (somehow Konami seems to disagree as time goes on?), I'd like to see other less plot critical characters making a return, either as a full-fledged plot-important character or at least in a similar capacity as their previous appearance just to reinforce that sense of continuity.

Like having a younger Hai Yo and an older Shun Min appearing in the same game.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

patapi wrote:While I must admit it's easy to lure longtime fans in with familiar faces like Viktor and Flik (somehow Konami seems to disagree as time goes on?), I'd like to see other less plot critical characters making a return, either as a full-fledged plot-important character or at least in a similar capacity as their previous appearance just to reinforce that sense of continuity.

Like having a younger Hai Yo and an older Shun Min appearing in the same game.
oh yeah, I always like to see lesser characters coming back as major players. Apple really got to shine in 2 compared to how low key she was in the first game, and I loved how she was in 3 with her been there, done that attitude. It was a bit like seeing a kid sister growing up and becoming more mature and accomplished than I'll ever be! Plus it was good that they didn't turn
Apple into a major babe like a lot of other video games do with grown up little girl characters. She kept her natural scholarly appearance.

i wouldn't mind seeing some of those blacksmiths return from S1. Kind of odd that the first game gave us 5 blacksmiths, and not one of them makes a comeback in any of the other games. Seeing Maas perfect his skills and become our chief blacksmith and handing down his old master's philosophies would be nice as well.
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

patapi wrote:Like having a younger Hai Yo and an older Shun Min appearing in the same game.
This. So much this.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Roy during the events of S3,to find out if he and Nadir are the same person,and Nadir's star is actually switched with Guillaume's one.
I'd like to see Pilika of course in her 30s,and what she would do as a mature woman.
Rowd 10-20 years after the events of S2...what,he'll be doing at the time?
Nash in his 70s...he was like 25 in S3,but actually he was 37...wonder if he'll still be a playboy and young-looking. :lol:
Boz in his 70s...will he still have the mohawk haircut?
Euram in his 60s...hope he'll be different from his father.

And younger...

I'd like to see Georg as a teen. Wonder if he was such strong back then,as he is as a mature man
Silva and Galleon of course...i've got a suspicion that Silva was hot stuff when she met Galleon.
Killey and Lorelai during the first time they came across each other.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Sasarai10 wrote:Boz in his 70s...will he still have the mohawk haircut?
Lol you know he'd rock that as long as he's capable of growing enough hair for it 8)
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Sasarai10 wrote: I'd like to see Georg as a teen. Wonder if he was such strong back then,as he is as a mature man
That could be interesting. He'd probably be really cocky as a youngster. All the way through 5 Georg acts cautiously and has that eye patch to remind him that he nearly lost an eye and he's not invincible. I'd really like to see the moment where he meets Ferid and how his attitude changes.