What characters would you like to see younger/older?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
AlOnZo

Re: What characters would you like to see younger/older?

Post by AlOnZo »

I spoiled myself by playing II first, so when I finally got my hands on Suikoden I was slightly distressed at the non-running, one-rune, lemming styled battles... I came around eventually as the story progressed.

I agree on the soundtrack as well. Mt Seifu and Dragons Den themes are classic.
BrucePrintscreen

Post by BrucePrintscreen »

I remember thinking the music on the island of Leknaat in Suikoden 1 was such a waste of an excellent music because you never hear it again on the game. Too bad, because its awesome!
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

BrucePrintscreen wrote:I remember thinking the music on the island of Leknaat in Suikoden 1 was such a waste of an excellent music because you never hear it again on the game. Too bad, because its awesome!
Kasios still plays it. Maybe they should have used it for Seek Valley as well.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Younger Alenia would be interesting. I just read the newspaper article in S5 which tells about how her dad died fighting against Armes, and she thought he was weak and doesn't want people thinking she became a knight to avenge his death or follow in his footsteps. She must've been a right stuck up little bitch! I wonder what her dad was like, there's a lot of stuff I'd like to see from earlier on in Falena.
Alenia even talks down to the prince if he loses the fight with Shoon, and she sucks up to Godwin all the way through the game. Too bad she doesn't live to see me kick Gizel's ass.
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

^ That sounds interesting however... I haven't gotten in that part yet of the game as I'm barely half of S5 lol.

I think Sarah's (S3) history could be elaborated too. After seeing these fanarts (here and here), I started to create images in my head Leknaat introducing Sarah to McDohl lol.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

sticky-runes wrote:Younger Alenia would be interesting. I just read the newspaper article in S5 which tells about how her dad died fighting against Armes, and she thought he was weak and doesn't want people thinking she became a knight to avenge his death or follow in his footsteps. She must've been a right stuck up little bitch! I wonder what her dad was like, there's a lot of stuff I'd like to see from earlier on in Falena.
Alenia even talks down to the prince if he loses the fight with Shoon, and she sucks up to Godwin all the way through the game. Too bad she doesn't live to see me kick Gizel's ass.

and it'll be nice to see Zahaak too.

but Alenia is very misunderstanded....she had a crush with Gizel and that's probably the main reason he was fighting against the Prince....just like Sonya from S1,who fights you because of her crush with Teo.

Awww...i'd like to have Alenia recruited...it'd be very cool having her :|
wataru14
Guide Writer

Post by wataru14 »

sticky-runes wrote:Too bad she doesn't live to see me kick Gizel's ass.
Yeah, but in the "best" ending she's right there in the Sun Rune grinning and clapping along with Mom and Dad ... and the Godwins. You'd almost forget she tried to kill you. WTF Suikoden V?
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

wataru14 wrote:
Yeah, but in the "best" ending she's right there in the Sun Rune grinning and clapping along with Mom and Dad ... and the Godwins. You'd almost forget she tried to kill you. WTF Suikoden V?
I always avoid that ending like the plague.

Alena and Zahhak had crap deaths as well. They should have been given duels - Kyle vs Zahhak and maybe Miakis vs Alenia. We never really got to see their fighting styles up close.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Yeah the ending in S5 is a little bit controversial.

But i noticed that almost everyone who died is here. Both the Royal Family and the Godwins along with their allies (Alenia,Zahhak,Dilber and Bahram) are here, except Childerich and Dolph,and the fat general from Armes (i don't remember his name).

The only explanation i can give is that everyone who appears here in this sequence cared about Falena for a better future,etc each one from their own point of view. That makes some sense because Childerich,Dolph and the general from Armes didn't give a damn about Falena's future