Idea= Suikoden remake - War of the lion style

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
suiken

Idea= Suikoden remake - War of the lion style

Post by suiken »

I really wouldn't mind Konami leaving SII alone. But the ending of V got me confuse. Makes me want to believe that the prince stayed on Falena and let Georg go alone. But I felt like them accompanying Georg was the best possible canon.

I'm not really up for an overall remake like making this a 3d. How about pulling a War of The Lions? Just add some additional contents like animated cutscenes and additional characters (ehem.. the prince and maybe Lyon) and additional scenes for Georg. Maybe additional items and skills

It was somthing that War of the Lions pulled off. Adding Balthier and Luso as an additional character and Dark Knight as an additional job.
LanceHeart

Re: Idea= Suikoden remake - War of the lion style

Post by LanceHeart »

So long as it doesn't pull a full War of the Lions, with horrible framerates, poor audio, disgusting slowdown on abilities and magic, and re-translating the entire script to make it immensely pretentious.

Yeah, I don't like War of the Lions compared to its PSOne version.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Staying behind with Lymsleia supposedly had the most conditions to achieve it, so most people would probably see it as the more preferred 108 ending. But, both staying behind and going with Georg require the same best-ending conditions as the rest of the series, i.e. gathering of all 108 Stars, I suppose we may never know without an in-game reference to them in a future Suikoden title.

That is, unless you're one of those fans that take the novelisation's words as canonical (see: "default" names of main characters).

As for the idea of getting a remake of Suikoden V, there is a new page on the main site that shows that they didn't do that well with the Japan-only PSP enhanced port of Suikoden I+II bundle. No doubt they could do better with V, considering the rather painful loading times. I probably need to give War of the Lions a playthrough some time though, to see how bad it is. But don't expect a glowing review, since I wasn't that big a fan of the original PS1 release to begin with. (It's probably just me, but a plot where the best friend's political betrayal plot reeks of Suikoden II, and thus appears to have an unfortunate effect to my opinion of both titles)
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

suiken wrote:I really wouldn't mind Konami leaving SII alone. But the ending of V got me confuse. Makes me want to believe that the prince stayed on Falena and let Georg go alone. But I felt like them accompanying Georg was the best possible canon.
patapi wrote:Staying behind with Lymsleia supposedly had the most conditions to achieve it, so most people would probably see it as the more preferred 108 ending. But, both staying behind and going with Georg require the same best-ending conditions as the rest of the series, i.e. gathering of all 108 Stars, I suppose we may never know without an in-game reference to them in a future Suikoden title.
First thing IMHO I think Lymsleia ends make more sense to me. Since unlike SI and SII heroes, Prince is not a "commoner". It's not someone who lost things on the war or was involved in it by accident like other heroes. Unlike Tir and Riou he has attachments to the country, he is the Prince and has a country to rebuild and his siter is there. I can't imagine he just leaving all that behind forever without a reason.

BUT in any case is not as if both finals are incompatible. I mean even if Prince and Lyon decided to go and travel with George doesn't mean they won't return or that thet will live on other country, just mean they traveled with George, not that they never returned. (In fact in Georg end in Lyon profile says: "She continued serving the Prince even after their travel ended" or something around those lines). So George end, travel, adventures, then return to Falena and serve as a Knight. I don't see the problem to both being canon at the same time.

In SI Tir leaves, then a couple of years after that he returns to Gregmister. The same way Prince and Lyon can travel through Grasslands for a year or two then return home.
suiken

Post by suiken »

Neclord X wrote:
suiken wrote:I really wouldn't mind Konami leaving SII alone. But the ending of V got me confuse. Makes me want to believe that the prince stayed on Falena and let Georg go alone. But I felt like them accompanying Georg was the best possible canon.
patapi wrote:Staying behind with Lymsleia supposedly had the most conditions to achieve it, so most people would probably see it as the more preferred 108 ending. But, both staying behind and going with Georg require the same best-ending conditions as the rest of the series, i.e. gathering of all 108 Stars, I suppose we may never know without an in-game reference to them in a future Suikoden title.
First thing IMHO I think Lymsleia ends make more sense to me. Since unlike SI and SII heroes, Prince is not a "commoner". It's not someone who lost things on the war or was involved in it by accident like other heroes. Unlike Tir and Riou he has attachments to the country, he is the Prince and has a country to rebuild and his siter is there. I can't imagine he just leaving all that behind forever without a reason.
None of them are commoners. First, Tir is an empire general's son. Therefore, he is a noble. Riou is also an adopted child of the famous hero, Genkaku. Even if he doesn't live up to his granpa's legacy, he is attached to his name, blood-related or not.

And it's not like Frey is leaving his sister and the country behind without any reasons. Think of him taking a vacation. Are you saying that he doesn't deserve one after all he's done on the queendom?

Neverthless, either ending is fine with me. I just want to see the prince on another title for the sake of tradition. Although neither of the characters of III (except Jeane and Viki) appeared on a sequel due to the story timeline. At least IV followed it.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Also, add tot hat that the Prince has no political power whatsoever. Even after reforming the political system and making him the commander of the Queen's Knights, he isn't nearly as powerful as the queen (from a historical pov)
And as suiken pointed out, Tir is also a really high class citizen. People would call him the son of the Great general Teo and they'd love him as president.

I agree on Riou. Even though he's Genkaku's adoptive son, he was used to the life on the countryside and I guess he learned to hate politics and wars, so the perfect ending fits better than the "Riou becomes president" one.