Gameplay idea for 6.

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Hirathien

Re: Gameplay idea for 6.

Post by Hirathien »

I don't think they need to change too much, just mix and match so that it doesn't become too different from what we've already seen.

I'm fine with the encounter rate being the way it is. What they could try to do, is implent the effect of the Champion rune without actually using anything extra. That way you get to skip all those tedious battles you might not want to have. Ofcourse, they might change this depending on certain aspects, such as:

Is the dungeon boss dead?
Is your level high enough?

If so, just toggling the random battles off would work for the people who find it too tedious to press the auto or Let Go button.
Roshambeaux

Post by Roshambeaux »

I have an idea for skill/magic based command runes: Instead of skill runes (i.e. Shrike Rune) have just 1 tech, it should have 3-4 just like in Tactics, and the # of uses would be based on your technique stat. Every character would have SP and MP, regenerating 1 lv.1 point after 1 battle, 1 lv.2 point after 2 battles, 1 lv.3 after 3 battles, and 1 lv.4 after 5 battles. Magic Runes such as Fire should be customizable by having alternate spells for each level. For example, a character's lv.2 water spell could either be Protection Mist or Breath of Ice, adding to the tactical aspect of the game. I want to hear your opinions on this.
A raw tomato for the win!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Some time ago, I made a topic on how they could improve the magic system:
http://suikosource.com/phpBB3/viewtopic ... 36&t=12448

I agree that there must be some kind of change, but they still need to keep it unique. I like the idea of customizing your rune, so every water rune is not the same, or maybe give different spells for different affinities (so a S-rank water affinity will give you different spells than B). I think the rune system as great potential, but they need to be creative about this. I think the only SUikodens changing it were II (with 3 runeslots) and Tactics (with Skill-Runes also taking MP).
veeshadow

Post by veeshadow »

Honestly what I want for S6 beside gameplay is the story's branch. I just played Vanguard Bandits, a PS game that just so-so typical Suikoden story but with only S2 major battle type gameplay (all you play for entire story is dialogue then major battle). While the game is not that great, I realize one of pros and loved feature for high replay value, there are some branches of the game which let you decide: Help your former nation, OR betray them. Causing different party members and villains depend on your path, totally different HQ, different ending. Don't you think it's great idea? And the true endings for the branches all does "the peace has returned and they live happily ever after" causing you don't know which one the hell is your canonical path...
http://i228.photobucket.com/albums/ee89 ... encard.gif

S2 Perfect Game Challenge !!
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLBCB3CE3392687908

Why Ridley keep appearing in random thumbnails in my videos. OMG Ridley stop terrorize me !!!!
suiken

Post by suiken »

Here is my idea for 6.

Basic Battle System - just a pace that anyone can enjoy. not too fast, not too slow either. I like it turn based with a mix of gameplay between S3 and Grandia series. Because it will be awkward fighting a monster by just standing in the same place all the time.

Duel System - Let's ditch the rock-paper-system and make the duel a mini version of soul calibur.

Large Scale Battle - Do you think a beat-em up style ala Dynasty Warriors would fit? Like you have to slash through enemies on a limited amount of time. It can only be activated when a unit approaches the enemy target. War maps should be similar to the world map of classic Shin Megami Tensei.

Castle Customization - What if Suikoden pulls a SIMS on it's castle? You can customize the design of your own castle. Change it's color, put some accesories and stuff.

Mini games - A team competition like FFX's blitz ball would be cool. You can form your team by choosing members in the stars.