Suikoden IV Remastering?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
sticky-runes

Re: Suikoden IV Remastering?

Post by sticky-runes »

Lets just say for arguments' sake that they did decide to remake Suikoden 4 - what would you think of them putting the stories of both 4 and tactics into one game? So you take down El Eal, and then continue until the Kooluk Empire meets it's end at the capital city of Graska? It would probably require some drastic changes to the storyline, but then the story to Tactics was kinda crap, even though the gameplay was a lot of fun, and there was potential there with all the different royal family members and factions and all that... And it would be interesting to actually explore Kooluk and get to see characters like Ornela and Coop up close... Maybe there could even be multiple perspectives, like in Suikoden 3. What do you think?
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I kinda like that idea, and the story wouldn't have to change much if at all. Having the perspectives like in III with part for Lazlo and part for Kyril would be fine. Exploring Kooluk that way would rock.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah, and it would be good to have a more extensive young Lazlo and Snowe scenario, so you start off doing chores and stuff in Razril, have the encounter with Walter's group in the backstreets, then eventually enrol at the academy and meet up with Tal and Keneth and all that and get to know them better.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Would you still play as Kyril and Co. or would they be recruitable characters?
PSN: FreshMetal80
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I'd imagine Kyril being playable for his storyline, like how different characters become accessible in Suikoden 3. So you essentially get Lazlo mode, where you play out the Island Liberation War and recruit 108 stars, and Kyril mode, where you continue the investigation for Rune Cannons... Maybe even add a few playable scenarios for other characters.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Troy chapter please and thank you lol
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Yeah, a Troy scenario would be good! You could play out his battle where he defeats the gaien navy.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

That would be awesome. I wish they had done a better job of explaining Kooluk's politics in IV.