Suikoden 5 silent protagonist

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
bluemask

Re: Suikoden 5 silent protagonist

Post by bluemask »

I think the idea of the "personality is shaped by the player" is somewhat good but what if they also had voice acting from what option the player would choose? The protagonist would look more alive unless the game is in first-person view which is not. The mute protagonist imho, would feel more appropriate with the no-voice acting games.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

bluemask wrote:I think the idea of the "personality is shaped by the player" is somewhat good but what if they also had voice acting from what option the player would choose? The protagonist would look more alive unless the game is in first-person view which is not. The mute protagonist imho, would feel more appropriate with the no-voice acting games.
If there was ever another Suikoden, I would love for it to have no voice acting at all to go along with a silent protagonist. I love IV and V, but the voice acting is something that I'm just not a fan of. So many character don't sound like how I imagine them to, and so many of them just have plain annoying voices. I remember the first time I saw FFVII Advent Children. I was so disappointed that so many of the FFVII characters didn't sound like how I imagined them to sound all those years.
PSN: FreshMetal80
bluemask

Post by bluemask »

freshmetal wrote:
bluemask wrote:I think the idea of the "personality is shaped by the player" is somewhat good but what if they also had voice acting from what option the player would choose? The protagonist would look more alive unless the game is in first-person view which is not. The mute protagonist imho, would feel more appropriate with the no-voice acting games.
If there was ever another Suikoden, I would love for it to have no voice acting at all to go along with a silent protagonist. I love IV and V, but the voice acting is something that I'm just not a fan of. So many character don't sound like how I imagine them to, and so many of them just have plain annoying voices. I remember the first time I saw FFVII Advent Children. I was so disappointed that so many of the FFVII characters didn't sound like how I imagined them to sound all those years.
Lol at your FFVII disappointment. I feel you dude and the fact that these not-so-fitting voices even make it as official is just so... bad.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

I don't know why but most of the characters' voices,match with what i was imagining...

Except Sorensen's of course.....they made him sound like a little girl :lol:
Or Lorelai...for a 16 year old girl at the time,she sounds (and looks) like a woman in her 20s
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

so right, as I made a thread about Lorelai, I still can't bring myself to believe that she's at same age as the Prince and Lyon.

Silent protagonist seems boring and I don't like voice acting either but battle quotes with voice should remain.
Aerolithe Lion

Post by Aerolithe Lion »

The way she was drawn and acted in this game made me think she was 17ish
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

I thought Suikoden 4's voice acting was awesome. I recognised a lot of the voices from anime shows that I'm a fan of (Motoko Kusanagi as Kika and Robin Sena as Flare, hell yes!) And most of the major characters had good, strong, mature voices. I was even happy with Ted's voice, and I imagine him sounding like that when I replay Suikoden 1.

Suikoden 5 had some bad voices, though. Lyon was way too high pitched, and i could not take her seriously as a warrior. She should have had a more calm, mature voice like some of the young women had in Suikoden 4. And Roy was dreadful. Blatantly a woman trying to sound like a little boy. I love roy's lines in the game, especially when he starts getting snarky towards Alenia, but I do not imagine him saying those things in THAT voice, it just sounded wrong.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I wonder... If Roy was able to impersonate the prince so closely that he fooled people who know the prince well, then would it be a safe bet that the prince has a similar awful voice.
sticky-runes

Post by sticky-runes »

Heh, well I always choose the deeper voice option with my heroes. Lyon would be like "you don't fool me. The prince may look like a lesbian, but he doesn't talk like one."
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I found Lyon's voice too high and annoying.

But omg does anyone remember Zegai's voice? That was like the opposite of what I was expecting O_O
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Yes, I completely agree. Zegai and Shigure had voices that didn't suit them at all.
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

freshmetal wrote:I wonder... If Roy was able to impersonate the prince so closely that he fooled people who know the prince well, then would it be a safe bet that the prince has a similar awful voice.
What if Roy was also adept at faking voices after some contacts? that ability could be handy for a bandit.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Nikisaur wrote:I found Lyon's voice too high and annoying.

But omg does anyone remember Zegai's voice? That was like the opposite of what I was expecting O_O

You can hear Zegai's voice,only after a battle...truth is,that his voice was quite high-pitched...i thought that he would sound something like Zahhak or Georg.

Fuwalafuwalu's voice was very ridiculous too.

Now,about Lyon...she hasn't got only annoying voice,but her presence is soooo annoying during the game... :evil: :evil: :evil:
Punkaiser

Post by Punkaiser »

spare Lyon, xD. She's just a 16 yo girl so I think that kind of personality and voice are quite common, but again, 16 yo Lorelai, personality-wise is of a teenager but her physical appearance and voices deceived me ...
Last edited by Punkaiser on Tue Dec 04, 2012 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sasarai10
Forum Moderator

Post by Sasarai10 »

Punkaiser wrote:spare Lyon, xD. She's just a 16 yo girl so I think that kind of personality and voice aren't quite popular, but again, 16 yo Lorelai, personality-wise is of a teenager but her physical appearance and voices deceived me ...

You know Lyon was always behind Frey's a**....she is worse than Gremio....i really wonder if she lets Frey go to the bathroom by himself. :lol:

But generaly i disliked most of the bodyguards in the game...they were all way too stupid and narrow-minded,ESPECIALLY Cius and Lelei...they should have Zahhak and Alenia in their place,as recruitable characters...those 2 were.....well,creepy would be too kind. If i was Lucretia i would eat them alive. :|

Besides Lorelai,Killey was only 18 during the game...i would swear that he is at least 25,if i didn't knew his age.