Suikoden HD

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
suiko2fan2
Guide Writer

Suikoden HD

Post by suiko2fan2 »

Seems like many older games are going HD these days. Metal Gear games, Final Fantasy X is coming out in HD, A number of fan modders even did the unofficial HD version of Final Fantasy 7 PC version a while ago and it was amazing to play it. Leads me to wonder if the Suikoden Series will ever get a HD face left whether it be an official or unofficial HD remake. Who knows, but it would cool to run around Toran or Dunan in HD.
I will establish one mighty nation in this land. A single, powerful nation, born of force and wielding force. That is the one and only way of freeing this land from war.

Best Suiko FanFic:
www.fanfiction.net/s/5194891/1/The-Puni ... of-the-Sun
kratoscar2008

Re: Suikoden HD

Post by kratoscar2008 »

Suikoden 5 clearly deserves an HD release and if it sells well the bring Suikoden 6 here.
Sunspray

Post by Sunspray »

Agreed, if they were going to pick one V would be the way to go. Ah so many great "what-if's" for this series that'll never probably happen...
Piisuke

Post by Piisuke »

I still think Konami should do a Capcom and hire a team to make a HD Remix of Suikoden I and II in the same vein that Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix was done. Improved gameplay, improved graphics, obviously fix the translation issues and other bugs and simply upscale the game to 1080p and make it look bright and crisp. Tir's rainbow outfit would be even more colourful!
Alestes

Post by Alestes »

I would love to see a Suikoden 3-5 HD Collection, especially since Suikoden 3 never been released in Europe. Preferably it would also include the first two games in their original 2D pixel glory :)

I was quite annoyed a year ago when Konami announced 3 HD Collections, but none of them were Suikoden :(
Piisuke wrote:I still think Konami should do a Capcom and hire a team to make a HD Remix of Suikoden I and II in the same vein that Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix was done. Improved gameplay, improved graphics, obviously fix the translation issues and other bugs and simply upscale the game to 1080p and make it look bright and crisp. Tir's rainbow outfit would be even more colourful!
I don't like the SSF2T HD Remix, because they changed the "feel" of the graphics. Capcom didn't make it themselves, but hired some north american studio and it shows. The new "improved" graphics got lots of subtle US superhero comic style twists to it, rather than looking japanese like the original art.

Because of this, I don't really want the art of the first two games to be redone or enhanced. Chances are that I wouldn't like the end result very much. For me they are supposed to be lowres 2D games. While it's relatively hard to mess up HD remakes of PS2 games, they just need to raise the resolution and can keep the original art as it was.
Jam-Jul Lison

Post by Jam-Jul Lison »

The originals don't even need to be made HD. Instead try to keep the graphics like they are the best they can and convert it into a widescreen format. Then release them together in a single release much like what was in done in japan for 1 and 2 on the psp. Only this one release on ps3. Perhaps include it with the release of a new Suikoden 5 HD Release. Bundled together they would sell pretty well. When they see that, then do an HD release for both 3 and 4 and begin work on Suikoden 6. Sadly I can't see any of this happening. BTW something I find interesting. Suikoden 4 had a progressive scan mode you could turn on but 5 didn't. Found it odd they would do that with 4 but not 5. Especially considering how much better 5 is.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

I think HD releases with PS3/Vita transfarring would be the best option. Here's to hoping...
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Zone of the Enders HD Collection is officially announced. That means that Zone of the Enders, Metal Gear Solid, and Silent Hill all have HD collections. Is Suikoden next on Konami's list? I sure hope so!
PSN: FreshMetal80
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

I'm gonna expect not...that way I can only be pleasantly surprised!
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

One thing I can say for sure is that if there is one, it's not going to be all the games. Primarily because the PS1 games don't lend themselves to HD convertions, and because Konami aren't that generous. Silent Hill only had 2 and 3 in it's collection, Metal Gear 2 and 3 (and Peacewalker outside Japan), ZoE is only two games anyway so I don't see any way that we'd get 6 games, or even 5 if we skip Tactics, in one box.

IF Suikoden got an HD collection it'd probably be IV, Tactics and V at most, which I'm perfectly fine with honestly, but it'd proabably leave Suikoden I - III out in the cold.

But TGS starts today, we'll see if they have any announcements for us, we got Tsumugareshi last year so it seems unlikely but you never know.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

HD collections usually group PS2 games, so I don't see why Suikoden III would be left out of any collection.
Formerly known as: Gothann
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

I would prefer III, IV, V, leaving Tactics out in the cold.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

LanceHeart wrote:HD collections usually group PS2 games, so I don't see why Suikoden III would be left out of any collection.
Cause Silent Hill: The Room was a part of Silent Hill HD, right?

And the fact that data transfer would be more or less impossible and the fact that Suikoden III was an early PS2 game and that no collection has had more than 3 games in it speak against it.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

There have been some HD collections featuring 3 games. Metal Gear Solid, Devil May Cry, Jak and Daxter, and the Sly Collection all come to mind. But I agree that if Suikoden gets a collection, it'll most likely get knocked down to two games. That seems like the kind of thing Konami would do. They did it to SH after all, plus they were poorly ported.
Lemmy Claypool

Post by Lemmy Claypool »

These days I honestly feel that Konami moreso than any other publisher really just don't give a toss anymore and are just half-arsing as much as they can get away with.