Make some downloadable side stories

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Rooks

Re: Make some downloadable side stories

Post by Rooks »

Konami has been making a lot of PSN XBL games. I say they should just make a reasonably cheap Super Smash bros. -style fighting game, Featuring Suikoden Characters, that you could play online. Heck, they just released a crappy Motocross game for XBL, why not something for Suikoden fans too. Maybe you could unlock other Konami characters too: Georg vs Simon Belmont anyone?

I have said this in the past too, but here goes again: I think the duel battles should be replaced with a simplistic fighting-style gameplay. Not so complex that you can't win without lots of practice, but complex enough to be fun. The Rock-Paper-Scissors style can easily fit into a Super Smash Bros. type of game, with defense dodging and countering against special attacks, attacks hammering against defense, and special attacks overwhelming normal attacks.
LanceHeart

Re: Make some downloadable side stories

Post by LanceHeart »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:Yeah, totaly. If its good content I'd be right into to it. I'm surprised Konami haven't went more down this avenue already.
They have, but to varying and mostly mitigated results. Vandal Hearts: Flames of Judgment, Rocket Knight, and Castlevania: Harmony of Despair weren't the most loved games in their respective franchises. The first two were mostly criticized for being outsourced, leading to some very unfortunate art style changes. The third was more or less a multiplayer mini-game, which is great but wasn't seen as worth the $15 launch price. Whether or not that's actually true is up for debate, since Harmony of Despair did well enough to warrant a PSN release a year after its exclusive XBLA launch.
Formerly known as: Gothann