My All-New Suikoden 6 Speculations 2011

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
eldrasidar

Re: My All-New Suikoden 6 Speculations 2011

Post by eldrasidar »

What I've taken from all this is that at the present moment, Konami hasn't got anything in development regarding a new Suikoden, and possibly no longer has requisite staff on payroll to design one if they have got some far-off plans to revive the series. They do still own the license to it, however, so they still have the option, if they choose to use it, to make a new Suikoden, either by hiring some new staff to work on it or having the design work done by an outside firm. Either option has it's ups and downs, but there are plenty of talented designers available to work on it, so I think it's unlikely to go horribly wrong in any event. Of course, Murayama himself has never said he'd never consider the possibility of working on the series again, and he may be more inclined to do so working with a degree of separation from Konami, so it may be for the best of the series if its design is contracted out. Unfortunately, at the present moment, Konami hasn't got any firm plans to make a new one, so assuming it takes them another year to get into their heads to make one, we are probably going have to wait at least 3 years to see Suikoden 6.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

LordShu wrote:The site entails a lot of translation about the japanese quotation of Murayama. But one of the commentator there said, that he will be crossing the river knowing that he used google translator as he says. There's just so much hanging details regarding Suikoden 6 and the vague issue of Murayama returning to Konami. Even the letter of Konami to the fans was a little bit of a doubting whether the company wants to continue the series or not.

I also found out that Konami is working on a new RPG under the working title, Frontier Gate. There are already images leaking over the net in a japanese version. Do you think Konami will start from scratch with this brand new RPG they're saying? leaving Suikoden in the air. I am starting not to like this thread...
Please, please read other older topics about hopes and speculation. Yeah, someone used google translator, but I linked you to Vextor's post, he's a native speaker and he said the correct translation is "not to cross the river".

Konami is even publishing TWO RPGs if I am not mistaken.

@all: What would you think about a game programmed by another company (e.g. Tri-Ace) and only published by Konami? Would you think they could keep the Suikoden-spirit and feeling alive? Or would we only get Tierkreis experiences? I also wouldn't mind a spin-off like Tactics, even an Action-RPG could be cool - it should just be good and in the main world.
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

@antimazist : Could go either way depend on how much they know about Suikoden fans expectation of Suikoden game. If they are ignorant about that, we could get much worse experiences than Tierkreis
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

If another firm would be willing to take it on, I would hope for them to take into consideration fans' loves and hates regarding things that have been done with the series before. Not blatant fan service, but a willingness to see how the different aspects of the games have actually been received, not just what had better sales. As long as they made it fit with the actual series and not Tierkreis I'd give them a chance to show what they could do with the series.
Sent from my Ono-Sendai Cyberspace 7 - Break the ICE
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Whats wrong with blatant fans services? As long it's a good story and good game I'm ok with blatant fans services. :)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

I mean things like Jeane wearing even less clothes, or focusing on things just to make us happy at the expense of the story. As much as I want answers to the Yuber/ Pesmerga thing, I wouldn't want that to be the focus if the plot didn't have anything to do with them. At this point though, just making a game is fan service lol
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

The only way Jeane could wearing even less clothes is if she's naked, and that's for sure blatant fans service. :)
EstrangedIX

Post by EstrangedIX »

Lol I'd expect they'd put her in pasties next :roll: .. I think her dress in III was really classy. Something along those lines would be preferred, but maybe that's just me.

As per fan service in general, I don't file things like recurring characters in that category if it makes sense. By all means bring back Pesmerga, just make sure there's a reason. Same with my Albert in Zelant idea. If he's not going to mean something to the story I don't want to see him. I'd be mad if our hero just saw him in a shop or something. It would be different if say, Barts was selling tomatoes at a market, that would be random but ok. Nobody expects Barts to be central to the plot and he wouldn't be a distraction. Little surprise cameos like that are something I love about this series. I guess I just don't want to see the bigger names reduced to tokens just because we want to see them again.

And if they bring back someone like Yuber and tell his story, I'd want them to put a ton of thought into it instead of taking common assumptions and just going with them unchecked. Not to turn this into a Yuber debate thread (he's just my example), but I feel I'm in the minority thinking he's not a demon. People associate him with the World of Emptiness, but Leknaat fussed at the Fog Ship guide for wanting to take the Soul Eater to another dimension. Wouldn't that apply to Yuber as well? I bet that summoning thing has to do with his rune, not his body. I also don't think we've seen non-humans as bearers. A floor and a couple of swords don't count as bearers, so I don't see why Yuber would be an exception. "I can feel his terrible power so he must not be human" isn't a professional evaluation of him either. The same could've been said about Windy too, but she was just that way because of having her rune for centuries. We think of terrorists as monsters but their power and motivation don't negate their being human. That would be the same for him, too imo. [/ peevish rant]

I could be wrong, but I would just want the developers to consider all the factors before throwing long awaited answers to us.

Of course they could always read this post and bring Yuber back to sell tomatoes at the market. At least then we'd know they pay attention to us lol
LordShu

Post by LordShu »

Sorry for having a late reaction to your comments. I was just busy this past few hours. So where are we? ok,Looking back at the issue of Murayama, yes, i think hes not going to cross the river. But, theres a big BUT, are we not wondering? that Konami is not yet giving any conclusion regarding the said statement of Murayama not crossing the Rubic or why is that Konami is leaving its fans hanging with the letter they wrote in facebook? (did the Konami of Japan really wrote it or had Konami of America made it?) Let us say, Konami is already reading our comments and petitions here and there, are they still planning to make a Suikoden 6 knowing that they are still finding a new team to work on a new suikoden game?

Another speculating question, is that really true that Tierkreis is the last Suikoden game? well if thats so, Konami is having a crisis. Since the team was disassembled, i think they are still reserving Suikoden 6 for future production. Hence, they are still in decision making process whether they'll pursue the series or not. As we can see, that game Tierkreis also incorporated composers from Suikoden 4 and 5 since the last changing of original directors and producers that Murayama had started way back in Suikoden 3, meaning, after they made the last suikoden, the gap of future production had became too narrow before they can unveil a new Suikoden game. Does this mean, the total utility of those previous suikoden games were not increasing resulting to zero utility. But as we know, the demand for Suikoden 6 is so high but i think the company's supply is just not stable, its decreasing though. Naturally, the demand shift is downward slope hence they're now dealing with its insufficient input specifically the labor thats why they are still making substitutes for the game even it will take them risk. I think Konami is pulling an elasticity test for their products if those consumers will still support those new RPGs in the making even though excluding Suikoden games in the market.

Imo, even Konami finds the best new directors and composers in town, I think its a little bit of a challenge for them to maintain the momentum of the series knowing that last Suikoden sales were gradually starting to slow. The satisfaction man is just decreasing while the suggestion for alternatives of the product is too risky.

After all, we are just the voice and Konami is the action. It will all depend to them. Allocation of resources can be tough for Konami. I say they must still preserve the fan based service. This is just crazy for us the fans of the series. We're the ones who are being squished in the middle. :roll: