Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
TrueWater00

Re: Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by TrueWater00 »

TenkaiStar!! I know right?!?! Gah, I am sucha trophy whore though...lol If I could get trophies in SUIKODEN I would be all like :D
Heh,I'll make sure you can never make that grin again.I'll chop you up!Ground you up!Dry you in the sun!Break you to pieces!Bury you in the ground!Piss on you!Then i'll dig you up!Pull you!Stretch you!Drag you around!I'll Never Forgive You-Viktor
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

I can tell you right now that Suikoden II, if ever released on PSN, won't have trophies.

It'll likely be a simple PSOne Classic. Those are simple ISO dumps of the original game in a Sony style container.
Formerly known as: Gothann
TenkaiStar108

Post by TenkaiStar108 »

TrueWater00 wrote:TenkaiStar!! I know right?!?! Gah, I am sucha trophy whore though...lol If I could get trophies in SUIKODEN I would be all like :D
I know exactly how ya feel :D I'm the same way. I would get nothing but 100 percent completion!
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

Achievements would give people who have allready played suikoden II a 100+ times more of a reason to buy it, but yeah its unlikely. Anyways Playstation stores back up, or so i hear. Whats the plan Ashietaka?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

Yeah, if they added achievements that would open up a whole new set of cool things for the game. It would work perfectly for Suikoden 2 as well for all the hidden stuff in the game, or hard to get things I should say, and give more people incentive to get all 108 SOD, as well for the story, but you know what I mean. Konami needs to release Suikoden 2 in all countries on the PSN NOW. Very frustrating, seriously what are they waiting for. Suikoden 2 is their gem in the Suikoden series in my opinion and not a lot of people have played it, so this would give people the chance, not that they can't find ways to play the game, but if it's on the network then there's a bigger chance that they may give it a shot.

Thanks for asking about what we should all do. I'm not too sure at this point in time, other then for people to just keep letting their voices be heard that they love the series in any way possible. Never raise the white flag, though I've accepted that another Suikoden game or I should say a proper suikoden 6 may never be released. I will always stay a little hopeful. Suikoden 2 was actually my first RPG ever to own myself, not the first to play, but first to own, and it still remains my favorite RPG of all time, though I love many RPG's and still am playing through classics, since there hasn't been good RPG in the current generation that in my opinion that can compare to the PS1 days.

Please anyone, any suggestions, ideas, advice is welcome. Facebook is just a small way to let our voices be heard. Since facebook is so big, that's why I suggested it, and lots of people would see other people talking about Suikoden, so maybe it might spark some interest when they hear so many people talking about how great Suikoden is, so I hope everyone continues to speak up about the series on Facebook. Just keep it positive, no complaining to Konami and no bashing like saying Suikoden 4 sucked.
DrinkySmurf

Post by DrinkySmurf »

Even used copies of S2 sell for upwards of $100, new are that much more, I saw a $500 copy. The game was likely obtained for far less. Thus, the profit is being made by private sellers. There is no reason Konami should be willing to accept other people making a huge profit off of their game. They could even charge $15-20 and the game would still sell. Further, as a bonus, all the people hoarding their copy to sell for obscene amounts of money would be out of luck. I posted something similar on their Facebook, no clue if anyone paid attention. I am sure they are already aware though.
ttfii

Post by ttfii »

With how HD collection happy Konami is becoming (Metal Gear Solid, Silent Hill, and Zone of Enders collections have all been announced), I'd love to see a Suikoden collection. I'm sure it won't happen but it doesn't hurt to be hopeful. I'm sure the first two Suikodens wouldn't be included since the first game is a PSone Classic and the second will probably make its way there eventually.

I'm pretty sure that'd be the only way the games would get trophies.
Archer

Post by Archer »

Instead of a plain PSN re-release i would LOVE to see a HD makeover. I mean the exact same game, no changes to the system at all, but receiving some nice filters to spiff it up a bit like Capcom have been doing with their older 2D Street Fighter games. Maybe a new piece of promotional artwork, stick it up on PSN and watch the revelations happen. Wishful thinking but as a suikoden fan i feel thats all i have left these days. =P
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

I wouldn't mind HD remakes of Suikoden and Suikoden II, but Suikoden is in desperate need to be brought up to the game mechanics of the other entries with 3 rune slots, running without a damn rune etc.

But I'll settle for PS Classics releases of both.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

If Suikoden 1 & 2 were just HD versions of their PSP release, I'd be more than happy. Diagonal movement + running without a rune in S1 are covered in that update, though a few classic tricks died alongside new bugs (i.e. Matilda glitch was fixed BUT Suikoden 1 has a horrendous EXP grinding bug).
Formerly known as: Gothann
highwind44029

Post by highwind44029 »

An HD remake of the first two installments would be amazing, although I'm not so sure if they would find it lucrative.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

LanceHeart wrote:running without a rune in S1 are covered in that update,
It is not.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Grimnir85

Post by Grimnir85 »

I live in Belgium and after 9 years I still feel like crying when I think of Suikoden III. Especially nowadays.. How come it's still not on one of the platforms which are full of old classics? Big sigh....
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

This is good guys. I was thinking, how about we compile a list of things we would like to see done by Konami, in regards to Suikoden? i.e. Suikoden I+II on PSN in Europe AND US, an English port of Card Stories and the Gaidens, more advertising, more fan involvement, translations of some of the novels and, of course, Suikoden VI.

I know its alot to ask but I think it would save us all asking Konami for different things and potentialy annoying them with several campaigns.

Perhaps we could all throw our ideas together, take a vote on the more realistic/most popular options, and then start hitting Konami, in many different areas, with the choices made?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

an English port of Card Stories and the Gaidens
What makes you think they would even consider porting 10 year old games which haven't even been successful in Japan? Not that I would mind, but we should stay realistic imo.

The PSN-things sound good.
One thing I would LOVE is that they have better quality checking of the games' - there are so many translatione rrors and typos in all of the games, it's too many to count.
translations of some of the novels
Better: English translations of the mangas. Why are there Italian and French releases of the Suikoden V manga, but not English!?