Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by Antimatzist »

Here in Germany, most of the games get translated - but not everyone. Suikoden, Miles Edgeworth: Investigations, Star Ocean 3... well these are examples that come to my mind. Even the Chrono Trigger DS remake was in English.

BUT if there are already localized versions (like Suikoden II), I don't see why they shouldn't bring it here!? Also, of those 3 PSone Classics coming to Europe, 2 are the japanese versions and one the English one. So I don't see the problem.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

So it appears PS2 Classics don't actually use the virtual PS2/PSOne memory cards you can store on your PS3. This is quite disappointing, since it would effectively break save transferring from Suikoden 2 to 3 and Suikoden 4 to Tactics without requiring some patching (whether or not it would be extensive is unknown).

Aside from that, I still don't have any problems with PS2 Classics releases of the Suikoden games. Odin Sphere had its loading times cut down due to it not being restricted to DVD read speeds, meaning the slowdowns associated with it were also mitigated (meaning NO MORE slowdowns). That would mean Suikoden V could actually be playable without having to suffer so many "Running Character Sprite" loading screens.
Formerly known as: Gothann
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

At this point, you have every legitimate right to pirate Suikoden 2.

It's been out of print for over 10 years, impossible to find and Konami refuses to release it.

If they want to deprive themselves of money, then why should people who want to play the game be punished?
kaiiiros

Post by kaiiiros »

hey guys. Any news on this? has konami stated anything on suikoden 2 for psn? I"m dyyyyinnngg to know..
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Nope.

Well, there was another request for it on the EU blog with this week's PSN update and they said they'd "look into it". They say that every time though.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Unfortunatly not. But it would seem very reasonable for it to be released on PSN on the run up to the new Suikoden game for PSP. Like they did with Suikoden I and Tierkreis. I would expect to see it within the next year.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Sony recently updated the PS3's firmware to ver. 4.0. This new update allows for syncing with the Vita, but it also added PS2 "classics" to the PSN store in NA. Though, there are only a handful of games as yet, and none of them should be considered "classics" in my opinion. This gives us a new venue for possible releases of Suikoden games, most notably Suikoden III for EU fans.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I sure hope so! Sounds promising.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

As they haven't put Suikoden I and II up yet I wouldn't hold my breath for them putting in the extra work required to get Suikoden III up.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

In that case, its maybe something we can campaign for then?
Akihiko

Post by Akihiko »

As much as I would love to see them sell II, for some reason my hope isn't very high. Although they have released other good games like Legend of Mana, Wild Arms, etc., Suikoden just doesn't seem like a big or popular enough franchise to release a second. But I could be completely wrong, who knows.

I wonder how much Suiko I has sold for the PSN though.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Good question. I will see if I can look it up later.

Yeah, it may be tough and it may be awhile before Konami decides to release anything for PS2 classics, but hey, it is something to work towards. The Zone of the Enders HD collection comming out has given many of the fans for those games hope for a new game in the series. And I do not think that PS2 classics versions will be something Konami overlooks easily. The thing is that the profit margins for digitally distributed games can be very high, with investments practically Zero for re-releases of classic games.

In all likelyhood, we will see Silent Hill making its way to the PSN soon. Assuming Konami does not release an "HD" collection of them. Also, ZoE and other PSX/PS2 era games. If we can make our voices heard, we can help convince Konami to make Suikoden titles a part of this larger movement towards digital distribution.

The hiring of Mr. Sutherland -a former Sprint executive- by Konami I think was a move to show an interest in Digital Distribution, as Mr. Sutherland was behind many of Sprint's wireless data and internet plans. He has lots of experience in this area of the business, and probably oversees many of Konami's efforts in game-networking.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Rooks wrote:Sony recently updated the PS3's firmware to ver. 4.0. This new update allows for syncing with the Vita, but it also added PS2 "classics" to the PSN store in NA. Though, there are only a handful of games as yet, and none of them should be considered "classics" in my opinion. This gives us a new venue for possible releases of Suikoden games, most notably Suikoden III for EU fans.
Actually, the category has been on the store for almost a month now. The actual games have been there for two.
Formerly known as: Gothann
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Yeah, recently. I have been recovering from surgery over the 6 weeks, and have been away from my PS3. When I got back I updated it and found this.
freshmetal

Post by freshmetal »

Konami seems to really support the HD remakes of PS2 games. Metal Gear HD collection is out, and a Silent Hill collection and Zone of the Enders collection are in the works. I'm really hoping for a Suikoden HD collection with III, IV, and V all on one disc. That would be epic. And while there at it, the shoehorn I and II in there too. I would die a happy person.
PSN: FreshMetal80