Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Piisuke

Re: Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by Piisuke »

Let's hope so. Adding to that, hoping that Konami finally releases Suikoden III for EU markets, possibly as a bonus, similar to how Europe got some extras with MGS3 Snake Eater - Substinance, or whatever it was called. It would be nice to see such a thing.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Just a quick heads up: Sony have announced they are now going to re-release "rare classic games", a collection of "rare" PS2 games for download and play on PS3 systems.
http://www.siliconera.com/2011/10/03/od ... donwloads/

This is a new opportunity to get Konami to push Suikoden III, IV, Tactics, and V again! Let's rally for this alongside getting Suikoden II on PSN.
Formerly known as: Gothann
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

This is the closest we PS3 latecomers would get near PS2 backwards compatibility, I see.

One can't help but wonder why they'd choose GrimGrimoire over Suikoden II though.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Sony is also doing a digital "import" thingie, where they will post games that didn't make it to the region is question first time around. I've only heard it confirmed for PS1 classics, but it's how they plan on bringing some US only games to EU PSN so that might be the oppertunity to get a EU release for Suikoden III.

I wouldn't mind if they got the whole series up, my PS2 is dead and I can't justify buying a whole new one with mods just to occasionally play Suikoden.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Masked Bishop

Post by Masked Bishop »

Man, it would be so great if they got the whole series up. I can't think of a better way to spread word about the series and maybe finally help Konami get the picture that Suikoden VI is a necessity.

But I don't expect Konami to make any sort of rational decision at this point.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

yeah, a lot of people are in that same boat. I had all my games stolen from me, the Suikodens among them. SI was quick an easy as a PSN download, Suikoden III and IV were available for 10$ each at a local reseller. But, I have to drive 4 hours (2 hours each way) to pick up a copy of Suikoden V, costing 32$ with no case or instruction booklet. I would love to own an official copy of Suikoden II, but at this point that does not seem possible.

Well, I will see if I can contact an American from Konami who has some say in the PSN releases and sales, but that is kind of a long shot, as I am not sure they have an actual full time Digital distribution "Team" so to speak. Though, now that Joseph Morris has been hired by Konami, Digital distribution sales are likely to become a key part of their plans. Mr. Morris worked for Sprint during and after their merger with Nextel and was instrumental in their Texting, Mobile Web, and Data transfer plans.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

One question: Who decides what to put up in these digital releases? Is it Konami who adresses Sony to put them up, or does Sony have enough rights on its own to just publish it?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

It's Konami that needs to approve publishing, but Sony can at times ask other companies for specific franchises (but not do much more than ask).
Zer0

Post by Zer0 »

I wouldn't consider Odin Sphere or God Hand to be rare =/
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:Sony is also doing a digital "import" thingie, where they will post games that didn't make it to the region is question first time around. I've only heard it confirmed for PS1 classics, but it's how they plan on bringing some US only games to EU PSN so that might be the oppertunity to get a EU release for Suikoden III.

I wouldn't mind if they got the whole series up, my PS2 is dead and I can't justify buying a whole new one with mods just to occasionally play Suikoden.
They started now with Arc the Lad, Cho Aniki and Arcade Hits: Sonic Wings Special. I think they should put Suikoden there, too, and I think it will definitely come now...
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

Zer0 wrote:I wouldn't consider Odin Sphere or God Hand to be rare =/
That's why I added copious amounts of quotation marks in my original PS2 Classics post (yeah, they're calling them that. Very unimaginative, but whatever!)

I don't consider the PS2 Suikoden games rare either, but they're niche enough to not seem worth releasing as a collection by Konami. PS2 Classics could be a great way for them to release the games for little effort, save for licensing.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yes, now would be as good a time as ever to push for re-releases of the Suikoden series. Please send emails to the email addresses in my signature (below) and any more addresses that you can find.

Also, asking Sony couldn't hurt either.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Slight mention on the EU Playstation blog.
Posted on 6 October, 2011 at 10:02 am by RaggyRock

Hey Andy, I hope I am not too late to get a reply. Now that imports have become available, and PS2 titles will be making an entry in the future, I was wondering if there are any chances that we can get our hands on Suikoden 1, 2 and 3 in the future? I would love the chance to play these games.
Posted on 6 October, 2011 at 10:04 am by Andy Stewart

Too early to say sorry. But These games have been requested a few times so I will look into it but no promises sadly.
Given the general incompetence of Sony Europe I wouldn't hold my breath.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yup, this is all Sony EU had to say to me on the matter:

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your e-mail about PlayStation Network (PSN).

I can see that you would like an update on when Suikoden I will be released on the UK PlayStation Store. At present, there is no news on it being released on the UK PlayStation Store.

When managing PlayStation Store, we do try to provide a consistent experience regardless of the region a particular user is in. In some cases the decision to publish content in different regions at different times is down to the software publisher.

On many occasions we, in Europe, are first to publish content. However, we do publish some content later than the Japanese, American and Korean Stores. The reasons for this are varied, as I'm sure you can imagine, with each piece of content having to go through procedures ranging from Quality Assurance to local Legal approvals. In addition, with more countries and languages to support, Europe is subject to a far greater degree of localisation than in other territories which must be taken into account. Having said that, we always aim to provide our consumers with access to the PS Store content that is relevant to them, wherever they are in the world and as soon as we can.

If this doesn't help please call PlayStation Support on 0844 736 0595, quoting reference 110923-000244, where one of our team will be happy to help you.

Thank you,

Assad

However, if more of us email them with similar requests, its bound to raise a few eyebrows...
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

KC_MCDOHL wrote: In addition, with more countries and languages to support, Europe is subject to a far greater degree of localisation than in other territories which must be taken into account.
:? Localisation? At least here in Sweden all video-games are completely in English (unless you count kids-games since kids haven't learned English in school yet). Maybe in the bigger culture-centers of Europe like France, Italy and Germany there's a demand for translations and such. But still, if it's in English it can't see why they wouldn't release games in other countries.

I would really like to know exactly what kind of system they have to assess how relevant games are in certain regions.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!