Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Luke

Re: Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by Luke »

SupaDav03

Post by SupaDav03 »

Looks like we are finally getting our wish. IGN and other outlets reporting Suikoden II looks to be coming to the US Playstation store. I own the physical disc but I will def support this a buy the digital copy. Plus the ability to play this on my Vita will be AMAZING
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I...dunno, if its released on one side I wouldn't mind to play it again, for the old times, but on the other hand Im not very fond to pay for games I still have on my self.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Neclord X wrote:I...dunno, if its released on one side I wouldn't mind to play it again, for the old times, but on the other hand Im not very fond to pay for games I still have on my self.
That's understandable, but also keep in mind that buying the games is the most efficient way to get us heard.

I'm really surprised that this news made such a big uproar, but maybe I'm only overinterpretating things a bit. I sure hope we'll also see the games in Europe and also the PS2 games as well. Then I'd be happy already.
whileheavenwept

Post by whileheavenwept »

I'm so glad to see this finally getting a digital release. It does seem to be getting quite a bit of attention, most gaming news sites picked up on this, as well it's getting discussed quite a bit in gaming forums. Even one of my co-workers came to me yesterday and brought it up, haha, I was unaware he even knew about this game.

I'll definitely be picking this one up. Hopefully it does well and this, combined with the Suikoden Revival Movement help Konami to realize there is still a decent market wanting a Suikoden 6, and more games like it.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Antimatzist wrote:That's understandable, but also keep in mind that buying the games is the most efficient way to get us heard.
I disagree, I think it is just a way of making money through "empty promises". Same happened with Capcom and Darkstalkers, when all the misterous Darkstalkers screens appeared I said: "they will just re-reléase the old game (I still have it on the self too BTW :lol: ) then they will say didn't recieved enough support to justifiy making a new game"

And what happened? They re-released the old game and then said the sells weren't good enough, they said fans doesn't support Darkstalkers. Same happened with "hurr durr fans doesn't suport Megaman franchise" and look how well Mighty 9 Project gone in kickstarter.

Re-releases are NOT a good way of measure players interest in a franchise at all, because players want NEW games, you can't expect most of them will pay for something they already have or have already played countless times.

Don't missunderstand me, re-releases are nice, that way some people can enjoy games they don't have or couldnt enjoy in its moment or can play again with easy. But I hate when is used as excuse to depict fans level of interest about something: "Yeah, we decided not to make new [introduce franchise here] because fans show no interest, after all they didn't buy again a 20 years old game at Brand new game price." That's bullshit, of course they didn't show interest on that game, they already played it countless times during the last 20 years.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Same happened with "hurr durr fans doesn't suport Megaman franchise" and look how well Mighty 9 Project gone in kickstarter.
I know that Mighty No. 9 is often cited as an example of "Wow, look just what this big company did wrong in the past and how well it gan go if doen right!"

But I think it's not that easy.
I don't say that Capcom has done a lot of right things with the Megaman franchise in the past, but Megaman might be a legendary franchise, but it isn't profitable from a business point, it's totally niche, and Might No. 9 proves that. It raised 4 Mio $ and that's not enough for a big studio like Capcom to be considered "profitable". I know this is stupid, but big companies work like that, shareholder value and high ROI's, so some franchises suffer from that. Also, there's a lot of hype about Mighty No. 9 and there are a lot of Robin Hoods who come out and say "Haha, see that evil Empire of Capcom? We can do it better as an indie project!"

Sorry for the OT, but as I said, buying the digital re-releases is our only option to show something substantial to Konami. For small business decisions, they will care about fan movements etc, but for a big decision like a new Suikoden, they'll only care about profit.

And really, you'll lose 8$ for purchasing it on PSN for raising the chance of a Suikoden VI by some 0.01%, I think it's totally worth it. If you have a better idea, tell me, I'd love to hear it.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Antimatzist wrote:
But I think it's not that easy.
I don't say that Capcom has done a lot of right things with the Megaman franchise in the past, but Megaman might be a legendary franchise, but it isn't profitable from a business point, it's totally niche, and Might No. 9 proves that. It raised 4 Mio $ and that's not enough for a big studio like Capcom to be considered "profitable". I know this is stupid, but big companies work like that, shareholder value and high ROI's, so some franchises suffer from that. Also, there's a lot of hype about Mighty No. 9 and there are a lot of Robin Hoods who come out and say "Haha, see that evil Empire of Capcom? We can do it better as an indie project!"
I understand that, it is not the fact they don't do something what I criticize, I understand they have to make profitable decissions. That's logic.

What I hate is how they blame the fans of the franchise of that lack of profit. I mean, they could blame themselves for not being able to make it attractive to new players, but no, they blame the fans because they dont offer enough support.

They don't say "we don't make a new megaman because we are not able to do a megaman title that could be profitable" what they say is "we don't make a new megaman because fans doesn't support it". And that's what I complain.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

But the Megaman franchise was a dead end, you can only do so much with a 2D sidescrolling shooter. Then you cold go the Castlevania way, turn one of your most iconic franchises into a rather generic 3D game and get little critical acclaim - but also lose your diehard fans.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Megaman is just an example, you could say the same about Darkstalkers.

Konami is not Capcom, so I doubt they would do something like that, but imagine after releasing SII in psn they say us "BTW, we wont make more Suikoden games because fans doesn't support it". How would you feel?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I would feel good, because would finally get a final statement. Rereleases of the old games on every platform available would be good enough for me, that's really the minimum I want. Better than a reboot of the series or a possible crappy new game.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

Antimatzist wrote:I would feel good, because would finally get a final statement.
Well, you certainly have a point there :lol:
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Btw, about every weekday at 3:30 pm PST Konami is streaming Suikoden II on their twitch channel. be sure to join to show Konami that we come in numbers! http://www.twitch.tv/konami
Pyriel
Webmaster

Post by Pyriel »

son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Tears of Joy(why is there no emoticon for this?! :x )

Speaking as someone who owns Suikoden 2, I am so excited to buy it again at an affordable price DIGITALLY so I can play it on my ps3. Since I haven't played it in years it will be just as amazing as when I first experienced it. I guess fan support really does mean something because apparently Konami received so much out cry from fans over Suikoden 2 not being on PSN that they decided to give the fans what they wanted.

i'd like to personally thank any member of Suikosurce or Suikox(think that was the other site name..) that has sent letters to Konami or emails or w/e, thanks to you we have a legendary title once again at an affordable price and now the rest of the world can experience it too. Maybe this will revive the franchise..we can only hope.
Last edited by son_michael on Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.