Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Antimatzist

Re: Time to beg Konami to bring Suikoden 2 to PSN

Post by Antimatzist »

Should we maybe write on PSNs fb page too? I don't know if this could have any effect...
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Excellent idea Antimatzist! I had not thought of that. I had a quik look on FB though and I'm not sure which one is the official page though...
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Hmph, good point. I only get news about PSN from the official Playstation fv-page, so maybe we should ask there? there seems to be no real PSN page...
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Consider it done. Now also 'spamming' Playstations Official Facebook page
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I posted this on the Suikoden VI thread but thought it should really belong here also. Please tell me off if this constitutes as double posting.

Okay guys, just for those who may not know, we are currently commenting continiously on Konami's Facebook page for Suikoden II on PSN:

http://www.facebook.com/konami

I think its safe to move onto Konami Japan Facebook now as well, as beforehand they did not tolerate English comments on the wall, but there has been a recent buzz of English Suikoden activity on Konami Japan Facebook so it seems they are just acepting it. However, still not alot of people are commenting on it, please join in!:

http://www.facebook.com/konami.jp?ref=ts

Also, commenting on the official Playstation Facebook page would do no harm either, the Suikoden acitivity on there is almost non existent at the moment, lets change that:

http://www.facebook.com/PlayStation

TGS is just round the corner, although hopes do not look good at all for any kind of Suikoden reference. Regardless of the outcome, be prepared for some heavy campaigning after TGS.

Thanks to all who are contributing :)
DrinkySmurf

Post by DrinkySmurf »

Hey, got the same fairly generic response from Konami on fb about no plans for Suikoden. At least they replied. Honestly I am in agreement that as things stand now, Suikoden VI will not happen. However, if Suikoden II were released on PSN, I think it would sell very well, such success would make Konami consider Suikoden VI more seriously. Hell, I saw a copy of SII for sale for $2000! That is in no way acceptable.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

@KC_MCDHL: I think it's wrong to ask Japanese Konami to bring Suikoden II to the PSN, because it is already out there (together with 1... the psp version).

We should focus with this on the American page. Also I've read yesterday that a lot of Psone Classics which are only available in the USA will be brought to EU (but there were no exact dates or titles).

We should focus here on the American Konami page and a Playstation page - does anyone know one where we can reach them best!?
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Actualy, your probably right, Antimatzist. Although, I think that pretty much any noise is good noise ...as long as there is noise. But as long as we are making noise, it would be far more productive to make the correct noise. So, how about we save the American page for the Suikoden II PSN requests and we move onto the Japanese page for Suikoden VI?

Also, I'm not seeing any people on the Playstation page. Here is the link again:

http://www.facebook.com/PlayStation
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

We should open discussions here:
http://www.facebook.com/PlayStation?sk=app_2373072738

Also everybody from Europe should try and contact their "local" Sony team.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Very good points. I'm on it :)
Themadcow

Post by Themadcow »

DrinkySmurf wrote:Hell, I saw a copy of SII for sale for $2000! That is in no way acceptable.
That's a very strange price unless it's factory sealed, and then it's probably a fake factory seal.

Another way of looking at it is that the fact that SII is the most expensive (mass produced) collectable game on the Playstation actually gives some profile / publicity to the series.

I'm sure Konami is well aware that S2 would be a hit if they released it on PSN.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I've got a feeling we will be hearing of Suikoden II on PSN very soon. But please keep campaigning in the meantime. Both the Sony and Konami Facebook pages and emails. Please try for Suikoden I on European PSN also.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

It would make sense for them to release Suikoden 2 on PSN some time before the new PSP Suikoden is out in the US, to give the series more publicity.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Exactly. Heres hoping. Perhaps thats why its been delayed all this time?
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

That's actually the exact sequence of events that happened before Tierkreis came out on DS:

Announced pre-TGS.
Present at TGS.
Suikoden comes out on PSN in North America.
Suikoden Tierkreis comes out on DS in North America.
Formerly known as: Gothann