DokuSui: DokiDoki Suikoden **New suikoden game?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
kenshindono

DokuSui: DokiDoki Suikoden **New suikoden game?

Post by kenshindono »

hmm did a search but didn't see this mentioned. I was glancing at play-asia and found this:

http://www.play-asia.com/DokuSui_DokiDo ... -45bi.html

DokuSui: DokiDoki Suikoden

I cant really find any info on it anywhere, but the little bit i can scrounge up with google reveals that this is most likely some kinda love simulation/RPG hybrid wher eyou go around and date 108 girls or something o_O I guess it was an april fools joke or something a year ago but is suposedly now a real game. Anyone heard anything about this or seen any news on it?

heres a couple of interesting little blurbs, including a magazine ad scan
http://www.the-magicbox.com/1101/game110125c.shtml

and a small preview:
http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2011/0 ... ch_events/

this just looks.. bizare. Since its a suikoden game though id love to play it but it looks like you really gotta know Japanese to know what the hells going on. Plus it seems kinda pervy. I would think they were gearing up for another april fools gag, but its a bit early for that, and it is avalible for pre-order. Weird stuff. Figured i'd share. If this isn't the right forum go ahead and move the topic to whichever forum is the best bet
ninjaluc79

Re: DokuSui: DokiDoki Suikoden **New suikoden game?

Post by ninjaluc79 »

Hmmm. Looks like a new kind of a dating sim to me. Or at least something like that.

The preview was so interesting that I really wanted to play the game myself. I wonder if there are shy types in that game, since in games like this, I mostly like the shy type girl. O_O
It's not all about knowledge, but it helps.
Vextor
Global Admin

Post by Vextor »

It's a game by Irem, so it has nothing to do with Genso Suikoden by Konami, but this was originally an April Fools by Irem in 2001. Irem is well known in Japan for their very elaborate April Fools jokes, and sometimes they actually make those jokes into reality-- this is one such case.

However, Doki Doki Suikoden is most likely a spoof on Konami by combining their well-known dating sim "Tokimeki Memorial" and "Genso Suikoden." "Tokimeki" and "Doki Doki" have somewhat similar meanings...
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

'kinda pervy' is a bit of an understatement. :P

i saw this game earlier and felt it was probably at least worth mentioning here, but just never got around to it... yeah, that's it. lol
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

the title got me excited for a minute, but no this is NOT a Suikoden game, so all excitement has been lost. Lame, just another stupid dating game for guys who are too pathetic to get a real girl. This stuff is really sad, I live in Japan, was at the arcade yesterday and seen the "Love Plus" arcade machine, and there was actually a dude playing it. .
veriaqa

Post by veriaqa »

Green Leaf Academy version would be good.
I've came with an army who loves death like Yours loves live.