It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Nanami_chan

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by Nanami_chan »

Night Shadow!! Glad to see you : ) everyone is so serious about it I was feeling almost guilty for being happy! haha your optimism is like a sun shine! ^^
I agree, we still can make something : ) In fact, now our support is more necessary than before! we have praying for a new suikoden and now we have it! Ok, maybe this new game doesnt seem our perfect suikoden, but we still dont know anything about it! It can be a good game!^^
I think in fact the suikoden day can help with this new game.. not like people is going to buy it thanks to us XDD but maybe we can help a little bit ^_^
Lets wait and see what super KC thinks about it, too! : )
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Well congrats everyone. I don't know if it had any impact on the new game, but there is one when I had given up hope when you guys didn't.
tiki
Banned User

Post by tiki »

hoping for a new Suikoden game and getting another non-canon infinite worlds adventure is like asking your parents if they could let you go to Disneyland for your birthday this year, after you've suffered through so many months of chemotherapy (Tierkreis) and having your parents give you this instead

http://img850.imageshack.us/img850/3254/15966.jpg
Night Shadow

Post by Night Shadow »

^ awww, thanks nanami-chan. =) nice to hear from you after such a long time. yes, i completely agree, i think we should all actually be a bit more positive about the whole thing. we asked for a suikoden game, and theyre going to give us one. it might not be the one we wanted (suikoden 6), but beggars cant be choosers. look on the bright side. us fans havent been forgotten. =) and i completely agree, we should continue on with suikoden day. i think konami japan would even appreciate us more for doing that. =) im still up for organizing it. i messaged kc last night on facebook, so lets see what he has to say about the whole thing. =)

^ oppenheimer. thank you. =) im not exactly sure if the campaign did make konami think twice, but im sure as hell it at least made a couple of suikoden fans a lot more enthusiastic about the whole thing. add to that, ive met some good people through this (nanami-chan, KC, Luke). as far as im concerned, i got what i wanted. =) haha.

^ tiki. ive been reading your posts and i completely understand what youre saying. i know a lot of other fans share the same thoughts as you. even i didnt like tierkreis that much. but, well, since a new game has just been announced, id personally like to be a bit more positive about the whole thing. we'll just have to wait and see how things go. i think the new game is konamis 2nd attempt at getting more people interested in the series. if it goes well or not, well, its completely in their hands. i just wish they opened a chance for us fans to actually talk to them so that they could make a suikoden the way we want it to be. anyway, the new suikoden team created a twitter account for the new game, so i think that twitter would be a good way of reaching out to them. anyway, theres still a chance that a suikoden 6 will come out. probably even sometime soon. its like how the whole final fantasy 13 thing went about. ff13-2 is even coming out before ff13 vs, which is quite frustrating. anyway, my point is, we can never be too sure with what game developers want to do with their games. we might as well just show our support and ask them to listen to us once in awhile. nevertheless, i get what youre saying and i do hope we get a new suikoden 6 soon. =) stay postive, man! cheers!
‎"...Or else, it is the dream that haunts you. You wait with the promise of the next dream...when the act of waiting is dependent on remembering."
DoReMi_Vampire

Post by DoReMi_Vampire »

It's not Suikoden 6 but this is still a great moment for us fans who have waited so long. Nippon Banzai!

Everything seems to lean towards the fact that it's an alternate universe. There was for example shots of people using magic, but instead of glowing rune-symbols they seem to produce some other type of complicated patterns. The one thing that does make me worried though is the fact that the trailer shows so little about what the story is actually gonna be about.

Judging by the animation, themes and character-design in the trailer it does look like this could be much better than Tierkries. I fully understand peoples' hate for the alternate worlds that so far haven't affected the main universe, but I personally still think the stories of all the different dimensions can be connected if done right. And if this game takes place in the Tierkries-universe at least it creates an opportunity to develop that world and make it more interesting. It all depends on what comes next for me.
- I've got a warrior's sword with your name on it.

- Of Course I Know Chinchirorin!
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Oppenheimer wrote:Well congrats everyone. I don't know if it had any impact on the new game, but there is one when I had given up hope when you guys didn't.
Thank you, and thank you to everyone who participated.

KC's internet appears to be on the fritz again, so I'll take the opportunity to thank everyone on his behalf until he can get here himself. KC has been on the forefront of this, and even though this new Suikoden has probably been in production since before we began, I am sure that our voices have spurred Konami to action.

Basically, both KC and I have been in contact with the Suikoden and Konami Staff for the last 10 months or so. KC took to contacting them via email and Facebook, I decided that traditional letters were more my speed and went that route. KC got an immediate and enthusiastic response from the Japanese Konami Staff. One even went as far as to joke about how TrueWater00 looked like Tai Ho. One even let it slip that an announcement about Suikoden was planned for later in the year. This was about 8-9 months ago. Considering that these people could be fired for even letting any news about the series out, this is an high level of cooperation that he found.

It was clear from the beginning of the emails that the Japanese Suikoden staff were very excited, and that even the higher-ups at Konami had not forgotten about the series. This is why both KC and I responded the way we did to the "news" of the Suikoden Team being disbanded. As we had more than enough contact with people in Konami to doubt otherwise. I did receive a letter response to my 9-page epic via the US postal service. It came about 6 moths after I sent the original, but contained no more information than what KC had already gleaned from the Japanese staff.

So, really KC gets most of the credit here for coordinating this whole thing. And I think he deserves a round of applause for his efforts.

Thanks again everyone, and lets keep it up until we see a console Suikoden VI!
Last edited by Rooks on Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

tiki wrote:hoping for a new Suikoden game and getting another non-canon infinite worlds adventure is like asking your parents if they could let you go to Disneyland for your birthday this year, after you've suffered through so many months of chemotherapy (Tierkreis) and having your parents give you this instead

Hoping for a new Suikoden game and getting another non-canon infinite worlds adventure is like wanting a baby and having it delivered stillborn.
Belle

Post by Belle »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:
tiki wrote:hoping for a new Suikoden game and getting another non-canon infinite worlds adventure is like asking your parents if they could let you go to Disneyland for your birthday this year, after you've suffered through so many months of chemotherapy (Tierkreis) and having your parents give you this instead

Hoping for a new Suikoden game and getting another non-canon infinite worlds adventure is like wanting a baby and having it delivered stillborn.
LMAO

Not even close, dear. Unless you're implying you're the type of person who plays with dead babies.

And will someone explain how the infinite worlds stories are "non-canon"?
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Belle wrote:
JiggleBiscuits wrote:

LMAO

Not even close, dear. Unless you're implying you're the type of person who plays with dead babies.

Yeah, canon is what Konami says and not what people think - easy as that. The Million Worlds concepts and other dimensions are deeply rooted in Suikoden canon they should just quit naming it Infinity in future games.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

They are "cannon" so to speak. Though I hate that word. Basically a Cannon is something that is repeated again and again, and found its original usage in 3 things: Artillery, Books, and Music. Pachebel's Cannon is a piece were the melody is repeated again and again with minor variations the the mathematic structure to a creshendo effect. Cannons in Artillery are so called because they fire repeatedly. And in Books /Media it is actually used as a sly dig against cononical works as a way of saying they are over-emphasized in study. Actually the modern theories of textual study deny the idea of the canon at all, and say that text interpretation is free of all "fact" and absolute truth aside of textual certainty.

OK that didnt answer your question, take about 4 years of Literary Theory college courses and you'll get what I am saying. But yes it is "canon" in the sense that it is in the game's "story" as it has been set by Konami. But it could aslo be an interpretationof the traditional Chinese philosophy of the 10,000 things. Which is a whole other ball of wax. Essentially in Chinese instead of saying infinite or innumerable, they would say 10,000. I remember this making an appearence in Romance of the Three Kingdoms, but I have not read Water Margin, so it is anyone's guess.
JiggleBiscuits

Post by JiggleBiscuits »

They are not canon because they have nothing to do with the original six games.

They are in a separate universe, and have nothing to do with the games except for the name.

Therefore, they are not canon.
dragonmasterx
Elite Member

Post by dragonmasterx »

Wow, Rook, you sent Konami a 9-page epic detailing regarding Suikoden? That's pretty hardcore.

I translated into Japanese one of those e-mails from KC into Japanese to send to Kawano and others a while back, and the response from Kawano especially was extremely positive. Feedback from the actual people involved is so much more genuine than the typical responses from the marketing department.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

dragonmasterx wrote:Wow, Rook, you sent Konami a 9-page epic detailing regarding Suikoden? That's pretty hardcore.

I translated into Japanese one of those e-mails from KC into Japanese to send to Kawano and others a while back, and the response from Kawano especially was extremely positive. Feedback from the actual people involved is so much more genuine than the typical responses from the marketing department.
Yeah no kidding. The letter I got in return was very positive, and in all honesty the author didn't give specifics, but I was not that surprised at the unveiling at TGS this year. And yeah 9 pages single-spaced. I laid out a lot of reasonable arguments to continue making Suikoden games. Of course this one was already into production, but lets hope this is just a forebear to Suikoden VI
Mustang

Post by Mustang »

JiggleBiscuits wrote:They are not canon because they have nothing to do with the original six games.

They are in a separate universe, and have nothing to do with the games except for the name.

Therefore, they are not canon.
Wow... so ignorant

Suiko 1.
The dragon can only live in this world because of the power of the Dragon Rune. And they're not native to this world

Suiko 2
Yuber summon the Bone Dragon from somewhere. And their the case of the missing Sindar civilization

Suiko 3
It was said that Yuber was not from this world. Sarah open a gate to summon monsters from another world

Suiko 4 + Tactics
:lol: Have you played these game?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Mustang wrote: Wow... so ignorant

Suiko 1.
The dragon can only live in this world because of the power of the Dragon Rune. And they're not native to this world

Suiko 2
Yuber summon the Bone Dragon from somewhere. And their the case of the missing Sindar civilization

Suiko 3
It was said that Yuber was not from this world. Sarah open a gate to summon monsters from another world

Suiko 4 + Tactics
:lol: Have you played these game?
Actually, what Tierkreis calls the Infinity is a complete bastardization of what the Million Worlds was in the original series.

Nor can Tierkreis seem to decide what it wants it to be either, sometimes it's alternate timelines, sometimes it's new worlds. Tierkreis is a retcon to fit a completely absurd premise.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.