It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
xForgetMeNot95

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by xForgetMeNot95 »

Thanks for the support! I'll let you guys know when the video is finished.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

I made a comment on Konami's wall.
xForgetMeNot95 wrote:Thanks for the support! I'll let you guys know when the video is finished.
Just make sure to not use anything copyrighted. But, if you're just making a video blog it shouldn't be a problem.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:You really need to realize that you have zero chance to influence any decisions on a potential Suikoden VI. For one thing it's the wrong Konami, for another even if you got every single member here, all 2865 of them, to pester them it still wouldn't be enough to warrant starting a million dollar production.

Go for something more realistic and try convince them to release Suikoden II as a PSN classic instead. It's 1, something they can actually decide, 2 good sales would encourage further games far more than any spamming would and 3, it's actually directed at the right people. It's a far more realistic approach that can generate a positive response.

And don't take too much stock into the Tales of Graces F thing, if Namco gave a crap about what fans wanted they'd have localized Vesperia on the PS3 by now. It just so happened some requests coincided with what they consider a feasable title.

Raww, we are well aware of the points you make, but the real point here is to be optimistic instead of sitting around whining about the future of Suikoden which, lets be honest, is what we have all been doing since before and after Teirkries.
Also, if you read my previous posts, you will see that I have also described one way in which to contact the 'correct' Konami and highlighted that 'the spamming method' is simply a small contirbution that any Suikoden fan can make, not the main area of focus for this campaign.

I totaly agree that we could have far more success trying to convince Konami to release Suikoden II on PSN, or even to translate the Suikdoen novels, or something. But I figure aim for the stars and land on the moon right? Suikoden VI, and atleast establishing SOME sort of relationship with Konami should be the number 1 priority, I believe, and then we can move on from there?

Also, gilgamesh31, I have an email from Konami Japan offering to make us an official Suikoden Facebook Fan Page. I have advised that there are a few Facebook fan pages already, consisting of a few thousand members in total which probably consists of the majority of fans who use Facebook. I suggested it may be easier for these pages to combine with the official endorsement of Konami Japan.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

yeah i think i will make a facebook page does anyone know the polices of using official artwork and the like?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

On a side note, I've been trying to track down and figure out what the developers of V have been up to lately.

I swear, these people have completely dropped off the face of the Earth!! I've pulled out all the the tricks in my hat to find these people but Takahiro Sakiyama, Kazuyoshi Tsugawa, and Hideki Tanaka have not been credited with a single game since V. Heck, they haven't been credited with ANYTHING since then.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Apparantly, some of the Teirkries and V team have been working on other Nintendo DS titles that have only been released in Japan. However, the only game I know for certain is Quiz Magic Acadamy.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

nice work dudes.. sa good idea that!
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Maybe we should also focus on raising the awareness of the Suikoden franchise? A good thing to do would be to annoy manga-publishers in the west to publish the Suikoden mangas of I, II and V in English. I mean a lot of them are licensed on French and I think Italian, too, so why not English, the language most fans understand?
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Antimatzist wrote:so why not English, the language most fans understand?
Probably because when Tokyopop tried it with Suikoden III it didn't go so well.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:
Antimatzist wrote:so why not English, the language most fans understand?
Probably because when Tokyopop tried it with Suikoden III it didn't go so well.
I guess an English manga would sell better than the french-only Suikode V mangas, because it can attract a much wider audience.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

It would also get pirated much more and have a higher production cost.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

come on man dont be so dam negative aaaaallll the time..
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
FinalLegion

Post by FinalLegion »

KC_MCDOHL wrote:
Raww Le Klueze wrote:You really need to realize that you have zero chance to influence any decisions on a potential Suikoden VI. For one thing it's the wrong Konami, for another even if you got every single member here, all 2865 of them, to pester them it still wouldn't be enough to warrant starting a million dollar production.

Go for something more realistic and try convince them to release Suikoden II as a PSN classic instead. It's 1, something they can actually decide, 2 good sales would encourage further games far more than any spamming would and 3, it's actually directed at the right people. It's a far more realistic approach that can generate a positive response.

And don't take too much stock into the Tales of Graces F thing, if Namco gave a crap about what fans wanted they'd have localized Vesperia on the PS3 by now. It just so happened some requests coincided with what they consider a feasable title.

Raww, we are well aware of the points you make, but the real point here is to be optimistic instead of sitting around whining about the future of Suikoden which, lets be honest, is what we have all been doing since before and after Teirkries.
Also, if you read my previous posts, you will see that I have also described one way in which to contact the 'correct' Konami and highlighted that 'the spamming method' is simply a small contirbution that any Suikoden fan can make, not the main area of focus for this campaign.

I totaly agree that we could have far more success trying to convince Konami to release Suikoden II on PSN, or even to translate the Suikdoen novels, or something. But I figure aim for the stars and land on the moon right? Suikoden VI, and atleast establishing SOME sort of relationship with Konami should be the number 1 priority, I believe, and then we can move on from there?

Also, gilgamesh31, I have an email from Konami Japan offering to make us an official Suikoden Facebook Fan Page. I have advised that there are a few Facebook fan pages already, consisting of a few thousand members in total which probably consists of the majority of fans who use Facebook. I suggested it may be easier for these pages to combine with the official endorsement of Konami Japan.

Look, that's great and all, but Konami is simply acting the part of the corporate face. Fan pages, e-mails and any kind of 'fan spamming' is not going to have any direct effect on getting a Suikoden VI made. Konami has bigger fish to fry right now. Currently, they are not overly concerned with the continuation of a series that has a limited fanbase, even when you take into consideration the number of fans worldwide.

When you take into consideration that S4, S5 and Tierkreis-the last 3 Suikoden titles-received lukewarm to hostile reactions (overall that is), then it's obvious that Konami is going to make sure that if another title is released that it be up to par with the more successful titles in the series. Konami has their own plans for how wish they go about developing titles. None of us are privy to those plans. Suikoden might very well have it's own particular agenda and timeframe...what we have to do is be patient.

Let's face it...a campaign to get S6 out is not going to impress Konami; rather, it's just going to show Konami how impatient and demanding the Suikoden fanbase can be. They will not look upon this as an act of adoration for this series...they will look upon it as a demand that we insist they meet. While Konami may publicly play the part of a friendly corporation, in reality they will simply regard the Suikoden community as rabid and overzealous fans who think they can get what they want by making more and more insistent demands.

This 'campaign' is not worth the potential damage it could cause the relationship between Konami and this community. It is time to be calm, patient and let Konami ply their trade as best they know how to do.
Poison Clan rocks the world.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:It would also get pirated much more and have a higher production cost.
Why would it have a higher production cost do publish it in English? Higher circulation means less costs per manga and if they limit it to a reasonable circulation it should be no problem. And I don't see why it would be pirated more. Imo the opposite is true: If you don't publish it outside of Japan or a country which not so many people speak, the demand for scanlations is much higher. Also I haven't seen yet a full scan of any Suikoden III manga so I don't think it would be pirated a lot.

A lot of scanlation groups also encourage readers to buy the originals.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

I disagree, FinalLegion, although your response has many valid points. If Konami are not overly concerned with this series then they will continue to be that way whether we 'campaign' or not. I don't think they will take a negative view of the fans for trying to revive the series, the same way they probably won't take a positive view of fans for sitting around and 'being patient'. As you say, they have bigger fish to fry. However, airing on the side of positivity, I believe that more can be achieved by campaigning instead of sitting around. Of course, we have to be sensible in our approach, though. Those of us that DO manage to get direct contact with Konami should choose our wording and attitude with tact and caution.

This campaign is for those of use who believe that doing something is better than doing nothing. For those of us who realise that, we haven't been sitting around 'being patient' up to now, we've been moaning and bitching about the series. This is for those of us who want to do something instead of moaning about how rubbish Suikodens current situation is. Something positive. This is for those of us with positive attitudes.