It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
KC_MCDOHL

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Thats the spirit Xelinis! Even if skeptical, your willingness to participate is far better than bieng skeptical while sitting on the fence. Thankyou :D

I got two replies. Steve Sutherland replied the next day and my other reply took just under a week. Check your junk emails cause one of mine ended up in there
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

It has crossed my mind that there is another and possibly more effective way for us to get information out of Konami. However, it should only be used as a last resort as this method has a number of unsavory components.

EDIT: Discard.
Last edited by Xelinis on Fri Feb 11, 2011 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Are you talking about Hacking them or something?
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Whatever it is, if it's illegal it should not be discussed here.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Not illegal, nothing of the sort. Please discard my statement above though, it's just the 2:00am rambling of a very frustrated fan.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Now here's an idea that's much more tame than the one I had earlier.

We abuse Twitter.

A few months back, the creator of the infamous Japan-only RPG "Moon" stated that if enough people spread the #moon2 hashtag, the sequel would get made. Twitter feeds in Japan went insane with that hashtag spreading further than anyone can imagine. A month later, Moon 2 was confirmed to be in development.

Now there's obviously a difference here as the earlier scenario was started by one of the developers himself. However, this is simple to do and could still be fairly effective, more so than sending emails if we get the right people involved. Posting this on 2ch and Neogaf is important if we want to get any halfway decent numbers. We can spam the Konami facebook page as well to spread the word further and also show Konami that this is happening.

So that's my crazy scheme, what do you guys think? Is it time to start tweeting "#suikodenvi"?
Auragaea

Post by Auragaea »

Anyone know about the Tales series? Apparently, due to the amount of fans asking for the newest Tales, Tales of Graces f, on the Namco Bandai facebook page, they decided to localize it stateside this year:

http://www.siliconera.com/2011/02/04/al ... -graces-f/

Now, I know there's a huge difference between fans requesting a localization of a game and requesting the development of a game, but honestly, I think we should give it a try. It seems from what I've read that a lot of the people that McDohl has been contacting are actually responding, so perhaps we should do like the Tales fans and just keep requesting for a new Suikoden. Hopefully, we will be enough to spark interest in Konami to continue this franchise.
Hmm... Didn't make much money. Next time, let's get rich! - Rachel
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

These are great responses guys :)

However, I must stress that, with contacting Konami about Suikoden VI, we shouldn't end there. Once they release Suikoden VI, are we just going to stop there? What if Suikdoen VI is a mess? Or worse yet, Teirkries II?

Of course, it is of primary importance that we see about Suikoden VI, because if there is no Suikoden VI then there is no more Suikoden. But my main aim here is establish a relationship with Konami in order to help the series.

For example, after they have released Suikoden VI, and every other subsequent game thereafter, I would like Konami to be able to contact us so we can give our opinions on what we liked about the newly released game, what we didn't like about it, what we felt needed improvement and what direction we want the future game/s to take.

I know they done this running up to the release of Teirkries but that is only ONE time in the entire 15 years we have had of Suikoden games. Even then they didn't exactly answer our questions very well.

So, to recap, after hopefully providing enough inspiration for Konami to continue with our well loved series, I would like us all to be in a position where we can help the series progress in a way which benefits us all. Together, the fans and Konami can achieve this.

I'd also like to address Konamis' marketing problems and have the fans really go out their way to help advertise the next Suikoden games. But that is a seperate matter for the moment.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I agree that a 'fan ambassador' of sorts would be very nice to have, anything to get just a bit more direct input on the franchise. Furthermore, it would just be reassuring for fans to have a single constant stream on contact. However, I would still insist that this interaction with the fans remain on the light side. Henry Ford had a saying, "If I'd asked customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse."

And as no one has responded yet, I'll ask once more. Who is with me in taking this battle to Twitter?
xForgetMeNot95

Post by xForgetMeNot95 »

Hi, I'm new here. As in, just made a username here. I've been going to this site for years though, and I've been reading this thread, and I agree with you, Xelinis about taking it to Twitter. So, I've already tweeted 9 or so times with the hash tag #suikodenvi

My username is the same there as is it here, xForgetMeNot95. I've also been posting on Konami's facebook page. My name is Kayla.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yea, sorry Xelinis, I meant too reply in my last post. I would surely be up for it even though it would mean creating a twitter account (sigh). We should attack from other avenues as well. Actualy, I just deleted my Bebo account, perhaps I shouldn't have if Konami have a Bebo fan page. Also, do they have a MySpace fan page?

P.S. Kayla Marie Mccutchen? We meet again :P
xForgetMeNot95

Post by xForgetMeNot95 »

Yup, that's me! ^^
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Nice to meet you, I'm Chris Holmes. Hope to see you on twitter as well as Facebook and Suikosource :)
xForgetMeNot95

Post by xForgetMeNot95 »

Nice to meet you too, Chris! I'll keep posting on Konami's Facebook and Twitter pages for a while, so no worries there.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

Haha it seems to me that always the same 6 people comment on Konamis fb page and like each other. But hey, maybe they don't notice and think we are many ;)