It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Crowley Reborn

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by Crowley Reborn »

Yea I just stumbled across this thread yesterday and spammed Konami's FB page. Gave em a beautiful pic of my tattoo. More to come after I add to it next week :D
Check out The Old Kingdom Ardänia series, starting with the first book, Vermillion Skies
http://www.facebook.com/prbison
http://www.facebook.com/vermillionskies1
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

Glad to see all the effort guys! Really cool to see everyone hitting up Konami on Facebook. I feel like this could really spark interest in them to start working on the next Suikoden game. I have high hopes now thanks to all of you. =)
Koredju

Post by Koredju »

I joined too to say how much we need Suikoden VI !
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

we could maybe make a facebook group called "Suikoden 6?" and see how many members we can get to join...?
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

You really need to realize that you have zero chance to influence any decisions on a potential Suikoden VI. For one thing it's the wrong Konami, for another even if you got every single member here, all 2865 of them, to pester them it still wouldn't be enough to warrant starting a million dollar production.

Go for something more realistic and try convince them to release Suikoden II as a PSN classic instead. It's 1, something they can actually decide, 2 good sales would encourage further games far more than any spamming would and 3, it's actually directed at the right people. It's a far more realistic approach that can generate a positive response.

And don't take too much stock into the Tales of Graces F thing, if Namco gave a crap about what fans wanted they'd have localized Vesperia on the PS3 by now. It just so happened some requests coincided with what they consider a feasable title.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
gilgamesh31
Banned User

Post by gilgamesh31 »

yeah your right we need to increase the fanbase for the current games. the first two are the golden age titles and if we got both of PSN then more people would be able to access it considering the rareity of them especially the second. we dont even have the first one in the U.K PSN we should petition for these first and see if we get any results.
If it's not found out, a lie becomes the truth.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

Raww Le Klueze wrote:You really need to realize that you have zero chance to influence any decisions on a potential Suikoden VI. For one thing it's the wrong Konami,
I wouldn't be so pessimistic. Granted, I'm not nearly as optimistic as others, but to say they have "zero chance" is a little much. Additionally, as long as it's a branch of Konami involved in video games in some way it's not "the wrong Konami". Enough pressure, whether felt on Facebook or elsewhere, will warrant people from one office (in this case Konami USA or whatever they're called) relaying information to people in another office (Konami Japan? I don't know).
for another even if you got every single member here, all 2865 of them, to pester them it still wouldn't be enough to warrant starting a million dollar production.
Konami, as with any group that deals with large groups of people, understands that what transpires within customer relations (in this case Facebook) may or may not necessarily reflect their entire fanbase. But, in many cases companies, nonprofits, news agencies, and politicians among others believe that what gets posted on their Facebook wall represents not just the poster, but many other people who are not posting for whatever reason.

Basically, Konami can either see these wall posts as just representing a very small group of people (which it probably does) or they can say that each wall post represents not only the poster themselves, but five other people who are either too lazy or in many cases do not "see the point" of attempting to get in contact with major multinational companies on Facebook and other social media sites. It can go either way, really.
Go for something more realistic and try convince them to release Suikoden II as a PSN classic instead. It's 1, something they can actually decide, 2 good sales would encourage further games far more than any spamming would and 3, it's actually directed at the right people. It's a far more realistic approach that can generate a positive response.
Inquiring about this, in addition to asking about or requesting Suikoden VI would probably be the best route.
Tsubaki

Post by Tsubaki »

I agree with the series PSN idea maybe even release on xbox live too.. but they should do um in HD like they did with GOW an POP.. an maybe release a trailer for um this might encourage new fans

they could start with number 1 an work upto 5 then 6 :)
i think it would work!! but we all know this would never happen..
When its all said and done im feeling like the milkmans son!
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

The twitter campaign is off to a modest but by no means terrible start, as seen by these statistics: http://hashtags.org/suikodenvi

I still expect it to be a little while before we reach the triple digits in unique posters, given that it doesn't die out before then. I'll try to continue promoting it the best I can, you guys try to spread word as well.. In the meantime, Vextor, I understand that you are fluent in Japanese, please correct me if I'm wrong. Would you be willing to make a little post on 2ch about this? The number of Suikoden fans on those boards is substantial and I also believe that it is the primary reason that the Moon 2 Twitter campaign was such a success.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

Well, I've posted on Konami of Japan as well in Japanese, I've been studying Japanese for a year and a half, I basically just said "I really want to play Suikoden 6, please make it, Suikoden 6 本当に遊びたい,作っていただきませんか?” and they responded to me telling me that they will forward my message to the right people. So that made me very happy that they responded to me and they DO care. Maybe Konami America isn't the right place to reach out to, but seriously from a business stand point, they look at this stuff. Don't you think if they keep seeing people posting things about Suikoden that this will spark an interest in them? It is their RPG series, it's not like they'd be waisting money on making the game, they shouldn't even make games then. I don't know what they should make, should they not create anything new from now on? just MGS and Castlevania?
Anyway, I don't see people posting constant messages on facebook asking for a new DDR, so it's nice to see that Suikoden is special to many people out there that are expressing their want for a new one. at this point in time, even if they started working on the next Suikoden now, we probably wouldn't hear about it until maybe another year when they have put in some work on it, but if we do see anything in a year from now, that'll be awesome, and who knows, maybe the fans did influence a little
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

xForgetMeNot95, I'm really glad to see someone so gung ho about the Twitter campaign, but I don't think that breaching the first hundred tweet barrier will be anywhere near as impressive if half of them are from the same user. ;-)
xForgetMeNot95

Post by xForgetMeNot95 »

Heh, sorry. I can dial it back if you want. ^^;

Also, I'm thinking of making a video stating the reasons why I adore the Suikoden series so much, and also to why I think a Suikoden VI should be made. Thoughts?
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Uhh, I don't see why not. But I don't recommend using it as a way to spread word about what's going on with the activity on Facebook or the Twitter campaign, interested fans should stumble upon that on their own.
xForgetMeNot95

Post by xForgetMeNot95 »

Oh, I know. I meant to say that I'd post it on Konami's page or something. I don't know. I'm still thinking about it :]
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

go ahead and make a youtube video talking about Suikoden and stuff, if you feel like posting it on Konamis page it's sure to get a lot more hits then. =P It's good to see people doing that stuff though.