It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Ashietaka

It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by Ashietaka »

Okay everyone, i didn't know how to title this post. Anyway, there is a select few of us that are posting comments on Konami's facebook page asking for Suikoden 6, and I think this is a great way to let our voices be heard. So please, EVERYONE, we need everyone's support here. Please go to Konami's facebook page here http://www.facebook.com/#!/konami and let Konami know that you want Suikoden 6. Also, I think it helps whenever you see someone commenting about Suikoden on their wall, to please support those comments as well be hitting the "like" button and or replying with another comment on that comment. I would really like to see more comments asking about Suikoden 6, and every time I do it brings a smile to my face because I know there is still people out there that care, but Konami needs to see more, and maybe just maybe it'll make a difference, come on, what are you waiting for, get over there now, let your voice be heard!
Templeton
Banned User

Re: It's time to Ask Konami about Suikoden 6

Post by Templeton »

I second that.

And also, we might as well request to make this facebook page truly bilibgual; why not have an all launguages petition?

Yes please sign, it will ceartainly help.

Thank you

Ryan.
SuikodenFanO1

Post by SuikodenFanO1 »

I would like to see this petition signed as in every launguage because Suikoden is about the cultures of the world and the celebration of them.

However, if it is only Spanish and English, we must listen to what they are saying.

Regards, Ryan
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yup, there was only a couple of us that started this off and in a mere matter of weeks it has already snowballed. Beforehand, you never seen anyone talk about Suikoden on this page, now it is the most talked about Konami game along with MGS. I think everyone here should do this. Every little helps.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

I'm going to repeat what I said on a similar thread over at Suikox.

That Facebook page is solely for advertising. Spamming it with "We want Suikoden VI" isn't going to do much; it would be the same thing as telling the mailman what articles should be printed in PCMag, none of this is going to go back to the parent company.

I'm not trying to be harsh or anything, but, as much as it sucks, we need to be realistic here. :(
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Well, theres loads of things we could be doing and some of us are already doing them. This isn't exactly a bad idea, I think every little helps even if it is abusing the mailman, and it keeps the fans feeling like they are doing something. I agree, we should be focusing on much bigger things, but I don't think this is wasted time. Also, I wrote an email on the Konami Japan Facebook page and they responded instantenously.
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

What'd they say? Anything beyond "Thank you for your comment"?
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Yes. The below message was very kindly translated for me by dragonmasterx:

This is the Konami Digital Entertainment Customer Service Department. We truly appreciate your valuable opinion on our product.

We are elated to know the strong feelings you hold dear towards the Suikoden series. We have contacted the related departments to let them know the feelings of the Western Suikoden fanbase and will keep it in mind as we plan our future projects. As for any information on related products or any other relevant information, please check our official webpage(and other places).

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to contact us.

We appreciate and hope for your continued patronage in Konami products.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Direct emails to Konami of Japan, now that's much better idea that more of us should participate in. =)
Oppenheimer
Global Admin

Post by Oppenheimer »

Wow, that's very positive and not really a brush off at all. I'm impressed.
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Vextor has had direct dealings with Konami in the past, namely with that petition from way back in 2001; his input on this would be beneficial.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

Exactly guys. I think the 'Facebook spamming' is a good method, as I say, every little helps - we should be doing more things like that! But the sort of thing I demonstrated above is more along the lines we should be thinking along. If one person can do it, why can't we all? Personally, I feel we should have done this a long time ago. Maybe Teirkries could have been avoided if we did? Who knows.

Anyway, this is a positive response no doubt. The very fact that they are 'passing the message along to the relevant departments' is great! And I put accross strongly in my email that I was speaking on behalf of the entire Western Suikoden fandom, so they don't think it was all coming form just one person.

I have more results I can share with you but I'm waiting on some more developments.

P.S. I have asked Vextor if he would be up for assisting me with such endeavours, but he seemed reluctant :(
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

This is taken from the Konami Facebook Page - Comment Policy
Comment Policy wrote:We want to hear from you and encourage comments, critiques, questions, and suggestions.[...] KONAMI can use any ideas, concepts, or techniques that you disclose, including anything having to do with the development, manufacturing and marketing of our products.
So really, they might just be the mailman, but it's still a mailman that will tell it's boss what's happening around. I do believe that people asking for SIV on it falls in the "Suggestions" and "developmental" categories.

Every little bit helps, and I've read the emails between KC_MCDOHL and various staff at Konami Japan and they've all been favourable, with people being happy that we care so much about the series.

And whatever happens, I'm happy by the fact that they aren't saying that the series is dead and are all hinting at some hope.
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

I want to thank you all for your support and being positive. I see a lot more people posting on konamis Facebook page and I'm happy to see. Please ask other RPG fans to do the same and support the Suikoden series. Also I'm pretty sure employees of Konami are looking at the comments and with enough demand, don't you think they might consider it or even really want to personally make. They need motivation. Let's give it to them!
Thank you
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

:) You guys are ace