How badly do you want Suikoden 6?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
daoster

Re: How badly do you want Suikoden 6?

Post by daoster »

Well, good for you, but most people wouldn't.

Ugly and atrocious games are ugly and atrocious games, even if they hold a special place in our hearts!
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

That's sadly true. People rather look at flashy things rather than looking at something that might not blow your brains out with the graphics, but with the heart it has.

Heh, that last thing is so true. Still to this day I try to complete Super Mario Bros 3. One day I will triumph over you, Bowser. One day!
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

I think they should def make Suikoden 6 in hi def sprites. I mean, I look at blaze blue and just wonder how suikoden could look with that same style, it would be incredible. I appreciate all the old RPG's in their own right how they've aged. Suikoden has always had that blocky look when the camera zooms in with the critical strikes, but then again, I've always been okay with that. I prefer the sprites in Suikoden even if it looks blocky. I was actually really disappointed when Suikoden 3 was made 3d, and it's actually a really good game, I just didn't except it at the time. I never beat 4 because it just got so boring I couldn't get myself to like it, that just shows that it's not that good of a game in general. I was happy with the direction of 5, it had some parts that dulled me but it's still a great game. Konami has the potential to pull off another great game like Suikoden 2, so it's a shame they don't try. Everybody loves that game, which I'm happy to see because when I first beat it, I couldn't believe how good it was and how emotional of an RPG that was. Suikoden has something really special about it, the art, music, battles, the 108 stars of destiny. Deserves a lot more praise, it very well could be too late now, but who knows... I always poke at Konami on their facebook page like when they asked what game from Konami are you looking forward to this holiday I put "Suikoden 6,,, oh wait,,,,,"
Well, for now, I won't bother myself too much, but I'll be extremely excited if they give news about working on a new Suikoden.
btw: imagine if they remade Suikoden 2, how epic would that be, my gosh. Now that would be a gold mine for Konami, if they only new....
fathskie

Post by fathskie »

I want it so badly it makes me all emo and just staring at all my suikoden games with longing expression...

This might be impossible... Unless there's a suikoden freak who manages his/her way to Konami and lead the production themselves I don't see why Konami would make it after so many years. Such a pity, Suikoden is a very good series!! It should never die!!!

I keep checking for updates but as expected: NONE.

I want suikoden VI!! So bad I cried T___T
Crazed/Boost/Fury/Double-edged/Multi-Strike/Killer Orb... tell me which the best ??
Ashietaka

Post by Ashietaka »

We're on the same boat my friend Fathskie. I hope they at least release Suikoden 2 on the PSN, I had just got a used copy of the strategy guide for Suikoden 2, so I'm going to go through Suikoden 1 yet again for like the 5th time, and try getting all the characters so I can load my save to Suikoden 2 and then go through it perfectly with the Strategy guide. I have all the games, but if they released Suikoden 2 on the PSN, I'd buy the first and and the second to play it on that, but since they haven't, I'd have to just play the game on the PS1 for now... but yeah, how awesome would that be if they remade Suikoden 2 all in HD with blaze blue type graphics, ahhh man, only if we were like millionairs so we could just fund Konami to make the game, lol.
vipsta11

Post by vipsta11 »

Hi guys im new, but i'm excited to be here

But to answer the topic, i must say i really want to play Suikoden 6 if it has any chance on a present day storyline. Not like 4&5 where it shows the past. Tierkreis was like a filler episode for me, so i just played for awhile then dumped it. I'm really hoping they have some of the characters from 1,2,and 3. I want to see what Hugo, Thomas, Tir, Riou, etc etc looks like when they grown up or get older. If 6 is the final i want it to end with a bang with all 27 true runes, and all the stars
Jowy Atreides

Post by Jowy Atreides »

While Konami either dropping video games from their portfolio or worse yet going completely bankrupt is terrible news for us, it still doesn't mean the end of the series. If either option happens they'll probably just sell the rights for the series to the highest bidder and let someone else deal with it.

Or, Konami can just sell the rights because they don't want to risk the capital for another numbered Suikoden.

Any of these options would mean a longer waiting time, but at least we'd (probably) get another Suikoden. If too much time passes without any news I'd eventually give up and say that the series is done, but the end of Konami or its video games doesn't mean anything for Suikoden. They started the series, but they don't have to continue or end it.