Sell Suikoden?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Iesous

Re: Sell Suikoden?

Post by Iesous »

I'm missing something. What does 'IP' mean?
Xelinis

Post by Xelinis »

Raww Le Klueze
Global Admin

Post by Raww Le Klueze »

Actually, that's a good point: Sega Wow (the division of Sega that made Skies of Arcadia and Valkyria Chronicles) would be an ideal place for Suikoden to land.
Sega of Japan might be able to make the game. But given that that leaves the localisation to Sega of Europe/America it'd spell doom for the series here as those branches are run by morons who couldn't find their own asses if you gave them a map and a flashlight and let them use both hands in the attempt. Censorship, pointless re-writes, character decimation, and cut content are the four virtues for them.

We have bad enough translations already, no need to compound that disaster further. All we need to fix the localizations right now is for Konami to put someone remotely competent in charge of checking series continuity and we'd be all set. With Sega.... *shudder*

Brilliant example of Sega quality in action, courtesy of Valkyria Chronicles:

Spoken dialouge: Welkin...
Subtitle: Rest in peace.
Doctorum Non Urina Singulus.
hotspot

Post by hotspot »

If you ask me, it's a bad idea. When a game gets passed onto another company, it usually ends up being horrible. For example, look at the new Spyro games. They are really bad now ( although I did like a heroes tale), considering suikoden has such a big story and many characters. They will mess it up unless they really study it, the only way It'd be okay is if the creators were suikoden fans or maybe the creators of chrono cross.
Otherwise I doubt it would be anything similar.
Not to mention, other creators like to add their own things. Another spyro example, the new spyro games have spyro spewing out lightning and bubbles ._. The original creators probably wouldn't have done that, especially since it makes no sense (even if it's kind of cool)
If Suikoden were to change creators they might make it 10 stars of destiny, make it an action adventure and maybe even mess with runes to make it like a cliche magic system.

Actually I enjoyed 4.
"Every lie contains the truth, and every truth contains a lie..."~ Shu

Suiko-Kya-Cross
Forum about the Suikoden, Kya Dark Lineage and the Chrono games.
○♦•¤Suiko-Kya-Cross○♦•¤