Suikoden for iPhone?

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
mattness

Suikoden for iPhone?

Post by mattness »

Hi folks!

I'm mattness, polish fan of S. (sorry for my poor command of English)

As some of you probably know, there is lots of cool games coming out for Apple phone.

GTA: Chinatown Wars, Res. Evil 4, and last but not least Final Fantasy (I & II until now).

That make me think - I really loved 2 games on PSX - FFT & Suikoden II.
It looks like Square gonna adapt it's old hits for iPhone.
How do you recon - is that possible, that Konami will make port of Sui for iPhone/iPads/Androids? :idea:

I know that this company (at least german branch) made some games for iPhone (more casual type like DDR etc.).

Is it possible that X months from now we could enjoy vintage Suikoden on new (mobile) platform?
Any thoughts?

Regards
MATT
LanceHeart

Re: Suikoden for iPhone?

Post by LanceHeart »

It's definitely a possibility, seeing as how both Suikoden and Suikoden II have already been released on mobile phones in the past.

Whether or not we'll get to see them outside of Japan is a whole other issue, though. The only portable re-release of a console title outside of Japan has been Suikoden for PlayStation Portable in North America.
Formerly known as: Gothann
iDima

Post by iDima »

Unfortunately, I am not after the newly released suikoden. I still prefer the iphone for always being updated to any kind of series. I would still choose my iphone even without the suikoden.
Last edited by iDima on Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

After having checked out what is coming out from competing RPG developers, it's definitely possible for Konami to create a quick port of the PSP title for iOS, Android or Windows Phone 7. They just need incentive to do so, which would likely require one of those three operating systems becoming popular in Japan.
Formerly known as: Gothann