howling voice guild in suiko 6

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
magic voldo

howling voice guild in suiko 6

Post by magic voldo »

personaly i would like to see the tenkai of suikoden 6 as an apprentice in the howling voice guild who gets sets on his journy by one of his assasinations going awry... but that is just me
Nikisaur

Re: howling voice guild in suiko 6

Post by Nikisaur »

Fair enough. Why do you think a Howling Voice Guild member would be a good main character? Are you interested in seeing more of the guild, or is it simply a matter of Gun + Cloak = Cool Assassin Character?

Personally, I'd be interested to see more of the guild, but I don't think they will produce a Tenkai star.
The only thing Suikoden lacks...is dinosaurs.
magic voldo

Post by magic voldo »

i personaly want to see more of the guild. It sounds very interesting. I want to see more than just a cool assasin. Plus on the tenkai who would have thought any of them were built for it, they became them due to circumstance.
eldrasidar

Post by eldrasidar »

I think everyone would like to see some more Howling voice guild, and if 6 were to involve Harmonia as the primary enemy, you could make a good bet that the Howling Voice Guild would be involved. It doesn't seem like there would be any really good motivation for Clive or Nash to show up otherwise (Harmonia would at the very least have to be involved). Even if they did come back, or there was some new member, I doubt they'd be Tenkai Stars. Assassins/spies don't really make great inspiring leaders, despite how awesome they are. Like you say, they aren't really typecast for a hero, particularly in Jrpg. I mean Geddoe is pretty close to a howling voice guild member, and even though he is probably the most qualified flame champion stats wise, Suikoden 3 still expects you to take Hugo or Chris over him. Characters like Nash, Clive, or Geddoe just aren't great a leading large groups of diverse people. They work best alone, or with a very select group of people.
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

I dunno, something about it just wouldn't ring true for me. Tenkai stars generally have some degree of innocence, I can't really see an assassin in that role. Also theres the matter of having the gun as a weapon. It wouldn't really fit the pattern. Although they wouldn't have to have a gun as a weapon, I suppose.

I'd rather it was a central character, but not the main one. I generally feel closer to and am more interested characters who can speak/express emotion, rather than the Tenkai star, who is in effect the player themselves.
magic voldo

Post by magic voldo »

i proposed he be an apprentantace they do not yet have their guns, plus due to being low in ranks the tenkai may have still retained some innocence. the reason he is in hvg may be because his family was murdered by them and he snuck in or some other act of revenge on them
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

All that I can see in another character, but revenge isn't really something Tenkais...do. I know I keep saying this, but I can't see it in the main character. I don't think someone that focused on revenge would make a good leader, as eldrasidar said. Which is really what it is all about. I do think it would make for an interesting character/subplot though.

If our Tenkai is an orphan, I'll scream, seriously. That would make me so mad.
magic voldo

Post by magic voldo »

orphan has been a recuuring tenkai theme many of the tenkais either started as one or became one later in the game
Nikisaur

Post by Nikisaur »

Yeah I know. I may be a hypocrite in supporting one theme while damning another, but I'm so sick of orphaned main characters. In any game. It's just getting really old. Although Suikoden is good at recognising and utilising other family members (especially in S5). I wouldn't mind seeing a parent of the main character in your headquarters, a la Suikoden 3. Shows that you don't have to get rid of the past for the main character to move forward.

But that's getting a bit off topic.

Post by 727 »

Psh everyone knows the Kage is the best group of assassins.
A brand new Suikoden game with a well-written script!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Suikorok ... ?ref=br_tf
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

magic voldo wrote:personaly i would like to see the tenkai of suikoden 6 as an apprentice in the howling voice guild who gets sets on his journy by one of his assasinations going awry... but that is just me
+1

In fact sometimes i considered that idea too.

It would be interesting, in part because he would be a "cool character" and we would know more about the guild.

Also it would be fun play the game while you are pursued by the guild.

Is an interesting idea...like many others, but as allways we don't get something remotely similar :cry: