Murayama Considering a Certain Offer

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
son_michael

Re: Murayama Considering a Certain Offer

Post by son_michael »

Hirathien wrote:I wouldn't call Pesmerga constant, he's only been in two Games, Yuber has been in three though.

Pesmerga is connected to Yuber and he was in both of the 2 games Murayama was a part of, therefore Pesmerga is a part of Murayama's original story. So as far as Murayama's story goes, Pesmerga is a constant since the other suikodens were not made by Murayama.
Rooks

Post by Rooks »

Murayama was also the main creative force behind Suikoden III. He parted ways with Konami in the latter stages if S III's production. Due to internal rules, Murayama's name was taken off of the game, which is why he doesn't appear in the credits, at least as far as I remember. Yuber appeared in SIII, of course, but Pesmerga did not.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

son_michael wrote:
Hirathien wrote:I wouldn't call Pesmerga constant, he's only been in two Games, Yuber has been in three though.

Pesmerga is connected to Yuber and he was in both of the 2 games Murayama was a part of, therefore Pesmerga is a part of Murayama's original story. So as far as Murayama's story goes, Pesmerga is a constant since the other suikodens were not made by Murayama.
Oh but Pesmerga was almost not in Suikoden II. Sure, He might be in the first two games that Murayama made, but. Don't forget that Suikoden III, Suikoden IV and V are also Suikoden's. Just counting I and II doesn't really cut it for saying something is constant.

Don't get me wrong though, i personally love Pesmerga and was bitter that he wasn't in Suikoden III although Yuber was (But that awful outfit.. Geez, glad i didn't saw Pesmerga in one of those.) But it's the constant thing that bothers me. Sure, one guy made the first two but not the others, still doesn't make sense to say Constant to that.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

And even then. Pesmerga wasn't even supposed to be in Suiko2. It was supose to be Lucia. They made a last minute change and trew in Percy into that cave.
SuikodenTHater

Post by SuikodenTHater »

Gunloc wrote:
EternalOnslaught wrote:But if he was doing it, freelancing. He really can't publish the game on his own without Konami's approval, right?
A more likely scenario would be that he was working with Konami as a freelance contributor, not on their behalf.

Freelancer, working for them wouldn't matter to me so long as the series is put back in the hands of some one with a creative mind because the current director Osamu Komuta is a ........ idiot.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

rooks wrote:I wouldn't call Pesmerga constant, he's only
Murayama was also the main creative force behind Suikoden III. He parted ways with Konami in the latter stages if S III's production. Due to internal rules, Murayama's name was taken off of the game, which is why he doesn't appear in the credits, at least as far as I remember. Yuber appeared in SIII, of course, but Pesmerga did not.

I thought he only started working on 3, the whole story of Luc and the true wind rune was his idea?

Hirathien wrote:Oh but Pesmerga was almost not in Suikoden II. Sure, He might be in the first two games that Murayama made, but. Don't forget that Suikoden III, Suikoden IV and V are also Suikoden's. Just counting I and II doesn't really cut it for saying something is constant.

Don't get me wrong though, i personally love Pesmerga and was bitter that he wasn't in Suikoden III although Yuber was (But that awful outfit.. Geez, glad i didn't saw Pesmerga in one of those.) But it's the constant thing that bothers me. Sure, one guy made the first two but not the others, still doesn't make sense to say Constant to that.
if Murayama did fully make Suikoden 3 then Pesmerga isn't a constant character but the other Suikodens would not be Cannon to the main storyline since Murayama would have had no input on those games. Pesmerga and yuber share a history that has yet to be fleshed out, Murayama started their story and he has to finish it if he returns to Konami.

Palmguy wrote:And even then. Pesmerga wasn't even supposed to be in Suiko2. It was supose to be Lucia. They made a last minute change and trew in Percy into that cave.
that doesn't mean anything, in Suiko 1 Pesmerga was searching for yuber so Murayama just decided against putting lucia in the game because he wanted Pesmerga for yuber.
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

son_michael wrote:
Palmguy wrote:And even then. Pesmerga wasn't even supposed to be in Suiko2. It was supose to be Lucia. They made a last minute change and trew in Percy into that cave.
that doesn't mean anything, in Suiko 1 Pesmerga was searching for yuber so Murayama just decided against putting lucia in the game because he wanted Pesmerga for yuber.

Lucia was in Suikoden II. She just wasn't a star. And i'm fairly sure Suikoden III is canon, so it's still not constant. Viki, Jeane those, are constant. Heck, even Lorelai is more constant than Pesmerga.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Hirathien wrote:
son_michael wrote:

Lucia was in Suikoden II. She just wasn't a star. And i'm fairly sure Suikoden III is canon, so it's still not constant. Viki, Jeane those, are constant. Heck, even Lorelai is more constant than Pesmerga.

been years since I played 2 but yea I remember her in the game now. Still.....it proves a point, that Pesmerga had to be a star cause it wouldn't make sense for him to be in the game as a non SOD.

well if 3 is fully cannon then yeah Pesmerga isn't a constant character but he's still created by Murayama and connected to yuber therefore he is an important element of the suikoden series IMO, just as important as lorelai,george prime, viki, jeanne, yuber and leknaat
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

Created by Murayama, yeah. Connected to Yuber, indeed and he's an important element yeah. Sucks he wasn't in more than just I and II though.
Antimatzist

Post by Antimatzist »

I don't really think Pesmerga is that vital. The story between him and Yuber is definitely interesting and I would love to seemore of them, but they don't make a good Suikoden game.
Palmguy

Post by Palmguy »

What I meant was the Lucia was suppose to be a SOD but last minute change (I don't remember the details. Probably time restraint or something) made them unable to make her and instead just put Pesmerga.

And yes, he did create Permerga, but he also created Hoi and as far as I know, no one really cares about seeing him again.

Also, even if he didn't work on the other games, 4 and 5 are also considered Canon.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

way back when he also said pes/yuber's story was for the last suikoden, so we don't need to see either of them at all until that one... if the series even continues.
son_michael

Post by son_michael »

Palmguy wrote:What I meant was the Lucia was suppose to be a SOD but last minute change (I don't remember the details. Probably time restraint or something) made them unable to make her and instead just put Pesmerga.
but they did put her in S2 which means they just decided she didn't need to be a SOD.

And yes, he did create Permerga, but he also created Hoi and as far as I know, no one really cares about seeing him again.

Also, even if he didn't work on the other games, 4 and 5 are also considered Canon.

Pesmerga and yuber are way more special and important to the plot than a no name SOD like Hoi.

I said Suiko 4,5 and tactics would probably not be considered canon if Murayama came back to the project....unless he decided to just accept the games and integrate them into his old plot
Hirathien

Post by Hirathien »

son_michael wrote:
Palmguy wrote:What I meant was the Lucia was suppose to be a SOD but last minute change (I don't remember the details. Probably time restraint or something) made them unable to make her and instead just put Pesmerga.
but they did put her in S2 which means they just decided she didn't need to be a SOD.

Pesmerga and yuber are way more special and important to the plot than a no name SOD like Hoi.

I said Suiko 4,5 and tactics would probably not be considered canon if Murayama came back to the project....unless he decided to just accept the games and integrate them into his old plot

I'm fairly sure he can't just say "No, those games are not canon! All of a sudden. Doubt fans would just accept that. Slight changes sure, but most of the games does that somehow.

But on the Lucia part about not needing to be an SoD, i think that's a bit hard to judge. I'd say it was just time that limited them. They already had Pesmerga ready to use and they just decided to put him in there instead.
Neclord X

Post by Neclord X »

I don't know why people talks about Murayama like he was a god.

He "created" the original plot and some charismatic characters but...that's all.

I mean, do you think they couldn't make a great Suikoden game with Yuber and Pesmerga whithout him?

Any writer could do it...any of us could do it. Is just Konami didn't use them (i supose its to create expectation)

Imagine, they readmit Murayama. First reunion...
Murayama: Well, the next game will set up in Harmonia, Hikusaak...
Konami chiefs: No
Murayama: Well, then Yuber and Persmerga...
Konami trolls: No
Murayama: Then, five years after the battle on grasslands...
Konami: NO
Murayama: Well, then the game is a prequel in a new country, new random true rune (just one) Viki and Jeane and some other old random character (Like Gantetsu for example) would appear.
Konami: Proceed
I mean, there isn't any writter problems, the Suikoden V script is the quite good for example. The problem is Konami restrictions.

So, Murayama presence itself doesn't guarantee something, if konami doesn't release the restrictions is the same.

So for me is more important Konami stop trolling us than hire Murayama