Murayama Considering a Certain Offer

A place to post news and also give your ideas about the future of the Suikoden series.
Please justify all speculations with reasons why you think such an event could happen.
Zykerion

Re: Murayama Considering a Certain Offer

Post by Zykerion »

For someone as creative as Murayama, it may be that whatever offer he got didn't allow him enough control over whatever project they were offering. If it was Konami, it may be the same issues that made him leave in the first place, not enough creative control or Konami trying to tell him what exactly to do within the project.

Again, we don't know whether or not the offer was for another Suikoden game, and I for one am hopeful that we will see a Suikoden VI in the future. After all, it's too interesting a world and it's got too many fans for anyone to just let it die.
daoster

Post by daoster »

So...if that offer was going back to Konami, he decided not to, according to his latest blog.
I tell the DJ what to play, I tell the MC what to say!
Like good music? Check out my podcast: http://www.musicaloccupation.com
patapi
Forum Moderator

Post by patapi »

Now that this is over and done with, they should just re-hire that Skies of Arcadia who worked on Suikoden V back. He may not be the original scenario writer cum director, but I thought their faithfulness to the franchise's rich back stories was astounding for a relative newcomer.

More so than one could say about the writings for Suikoden IV.
pierrejeanpierre

Post by pierrejeanpierre »

Well, it's the 20th of March in Japan at the moment, and nothing has been announced... it would appear that the "surprise" some people referred to was a mere audio CD that will be sold along with the encyclopedia.
KC_MCDOHL

Post by KC_MCDOHL »

daoster wrote:So...if that offer was going back to Konami, he decided not to, according to his latest blog.

What does his latest blog say? Has he decided not to take ''THAT certain company'' on their offer? Not to cross the Rubicon?
pierrejeanpierre

Post by pierrejeanpierre »

Yes, it's written on the bottom of previous page (Vextor's post).
conan

Post by conan »

i agree wit patapi. i thought suikoden v was slightly better than 1-3, and made IV look like a joke. Bring back the team from part V.
amelia108

Post by amelia108 »

this suikoden business lately (or lack there-of) is just one letdown after another. i tried not to get my hopes up but i did. i need to find a new favorite series.
LanceHeart

Post by LanceHeart »

You know, you might want to change the front page of Suikosource to reflect the latest developments.
Formerly known as: Gothann
lucreborn

Post by lucreborn »

You know..You all are thinking to short. What if the company he decided not to take was not a video game company but an actual brand name, like Nintendo or Xbox.
"I've always been alone, ever since I was born." ~luc suikoden 3~
Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber

Post by Pesmerga_pwns_Yuber »

conan wrote:i agree wit patapi. i thought suikoden v was slightly better than 1-3, and made IV look like a joke. Bring back the team from part V.
Better than 2 even?!?! I think not. Graphic wise maybe, but Suikoden 2 was and still is better than Suikoden 5.
WichitaQ

Post by WichitaQ »

this is, by far, the best news i've heard in a long time.

konami want's to bring sexyback with suikoden VI, and they need Murayama. i smell awesomeness in the air for this.

edit: and now i've just read the last page. damn it! i still have high hopes for this, though.
Fei Wong

Post by Fei Wong »

This is very very bad news, the thing i most wanted is to see an another Murayama Suikoden, dont get me wrong, 4 was a passable game ( kawano did a relative good job, but the game lacked story and more depth, 5 was an astounding game, the writer of Eternal Arcadia (one of my all time favourite RPGS) had done an amazing work, and i praise it because its like he studied the older games to put a more cohesive story and places. But murayama's works are the ones that inmmersed me to the point of being an ultra Suiko fan and this news were like: OMFG, its murayama again!!!!11!.. lets hope at least that someday Konami announces S6.
Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire World!!
27x4=108

Post by 27x4=108 »

No news from Suiko 6 in 3 years..

Im starting to think it will never see the light. And this Murayama thing only makes it worse, I mean, it will be great if the man does more games ( Harmony... yummy! ) but it will pospose the work so much.
Sorry for my very bad english! :S
Fei Wong

Post by Fei Wong »

27x4=108 wrote:No news from Suiko 6 in 3 years..

Im starting to think it will never see the light. And this Murayama thing only makes it worse, I mean, it will be great if the man does more games ( Harmony... yummy! ) but it will pospose the work so much.
In Spanish: Me alegro de que haya mas españoles fans de Suikoden aqui :P
In Topic:
When you speak of Harmony you mean Harmonia Kingdom? it would be the best for the series to see an actual title being in Harmonia, to see some more of the story of the Kingdom and the True Runes.
Let our mercy as deep as the Feitas and our authority as powerful as the Sun be revealed to the entire World!!